Witcher 3

Fadaar

That guy
I'll be running this shit as high as I possibly can for graphics, got two 970's in SLI and a i7-5820k overclocked to 4.4 GHz. Finally give my updated machine something to test it.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
it's time

p2hIzMF.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Theyve been on craiglist since last week - I know alot of bestbuy employees do that shit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Did you spend 3k just because of W3? I've only done that once in my life (EQ2) and I was burned so bad that console gaming took over for me. Call me a filthy peasant but there's a lot more I could spend $3k on instead of a PC
I'm about to launch my own online show/podcast so I needed a decent laptop that could edit video etc. At the same time I was under the impression after GTA 5 catered to the PC crowd and The Witcher devs implied the PC version was going to be something special I took the gamble that devs were starting to appreciate PC gaming again. I thought fuck it I may aswell go all out and spend the extra 1k or so to get a awesome laptop and gaming rig.

So I bought the MSI gs30 shadow + GPU dock. Essentially as a laptop it's really portable and fast 16g of ram core i7 processor with an onboard graphics card. Then when I want to game I just hook it up to my GPU dock and it's now running with a 980 gtx. Yeah it was a bit expensive but I essentially have an awesome laptop and an awesome gaming rig in one handy package.

If I had of known the console versions of The Witcher 3 were the same as PC I may not have bought it. I definitly wouldn't have bought a 980 gtx I would have waited for the new Radeon 300 series to come out which are rumored to be crazy good. If it is the case that the console and PC versions are the same I hope people do take legal action because it's absolute fucken bullshit. I can garuntee you thousands of people upgraded their PC's for the Witcher.

MSI GS30 Shadow - Part Beastly Gaming Rig, Part Ultrabook - YouTube

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
What was it? 6 months after ps4 and well over a year from initial for gta5 to hit PC? That is catering to the pc crowd?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I had of known the console versions of The Witcher 3 were the same as PC I may not have bought it.
Youdon'tknow this.

If it is the case that the console and PC versions are the same I hope people do take legal action because it's absolute fucken bullshit. I can garuntee you thousands of people upgraded their PC's for the Witcher.
Legal action for what? CDPR told them to buy a GTX 960, and the game even came with it. Anyone who bought more than that either knew they needed it to run the game at 1080p144, 1440p60, or some other high-end-monitor resolution/framerate, or they fell for Nvidia's marketing bullshit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Also the idea that anyone is going to spend the time, money and effort to do an international law suit over a minor graphics difference is lol what?

CD Projekt are a Polish company people. Fucking Poland. These people have enough on their plates to deal with worrying about whether the Germans or the Russians are going to gang rape them again in the next decade, and also ensuring they have enough high quality vodka stored up to survive such a situation, to care about a lawsuit over a video game.

Dla Polska!

And the idea that people upgrade their systems for 1 game, as if they won't be using the system to play every game going forward for the next couple years on the new hardware, is and always has been silly.

If you claim you upgraded because of one game and one game only, that's you being dumb and shortsighted.

I bought two 970s and put them in SLi, but I didn't do it just for the Witcher 3. I did it because my old set up was shitty and needed an update.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The fact that I can mod it in the near future makes it worth buying on PC, even if I were to assume that it wont get a graphics upgrade at some point. I'm happy to stick with the PC version.

The fact that I can mod it in the near future makes it worth buying on PC, even if I were to assume that it wont get a graphics upgrade at some point. I'm happy to stick with the PC version.
you can be sure that someone will "accidentally" leak a full hd texture mod sometime after release / it comes with a Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition or whatever

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
German stream of PC version Ultra settings now. Just started

Twitch

Twtich does not display 60fps, might even be below 30. However, as to graphics

- Textures are obviously better. Easy to notice the upgrade on face/skin textures.
- Color palette is improved. Does not look as washed out/blurred as the console versions
- Much sharper
- Lighting seems better