Witcher 3

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nothing is more OP than the Quen upgrades though. Makes the later fights trivial, especially on the bosses which are immune to axii hax. Quen, especially the return damage has health is crazy op. Prior to that, Axii is boss though especially for large groups but its a little buggy at times.
Yrden made everything trivial for me, the zap on enhanced Yrden stops all attacks in progress and knocks down any flying creatures. In the later game it doesnt hit as hard unless you fully go into the tree but i had no issues dispatching most everything besides a couple bosses by just dropping 1 enhanced Yrden and a bunch of lesser ones to slow them down. The game honestly gives you a decent few choices in how to dispatch most enemies.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I am still in Velen and I getting comfortable with the Northern Realms deck. Glad to hear if I stick with it I can eventually win the Gwent Tournament later on. Has anyone got the card collector achievement? It would be nice to get but I worry there are too many missable cards in the world and I doubt I will do a second play through just for that achievement.
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any missable cards. The one everyone was concerned about (missing White Orchard inn keep) was added to the merchant you saved from the griffin at the very beginning of the game.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any missable cards. The one everyone was concerned about (missing White Orchard inn keep) was added to the merchant you saved from the griffin at the very beginning of the game.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there actually quite a few missable cards? For instance, the 3 matches you can play while at the Ball with Triss? Those matches are not available after that quest concludes. Numerous other occasions where you can play an NPC but only during the questing window where they are available (or still alive even).

Also, the cards you win from merchants have an element of randomness to them (Save a game before you play a merchant the first time, beat them, note the card, reload your game and beat them again, get an altogether different card.) I have _no_ idea how this affects a persons ability to collect all the cards, but honestly, even though I'm trying to get the entire set for the ps4 trophy, I don't have the first f'n clue if I can even get it in my current game or not. I don't _think_ I've missed anything so far, but I wouldn't know if I had.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there actually quite a few missable cards? For instance, the 3 matches you can play while at the Ball with Triss? Those matches are not available after that quest concludes. Numerous other occasions where you can play an NPC but only during the questing window where they are available (or still alive even).

Also, the cards you win from merchants have an element of randomness to them (Save a game before you play a merchant the first time, beat them, note the card, reload your game and beat them again, get an altogether different card.) I have _no_ idea how this affects a persons ability to collect all the cards, but honestly, even though I'm trying to get the entire set for the ps4 trophy, I don't have the first f'n clue if I can even get it in my current game or not. I don't _think_ I've missed anything so far, but I wouldn't know if I had.
Merchant cards are random but there's only a limited pool. You get one card per merchant, but it's a random card that you haven't yet gotten from a merchant. There are more merchants than cards so you will eventually play a new merchant on not get a new card.

As far as the Ball cards, I don't know. I'd say even if there's a missable card currently, they will cave and provide an alternate acquisition method like they did with the White Orchard inn keep. That is, however, purely speculation.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Console enabler modwas updated today, for those who like access to the free camera, want to cheat to avoid playing gwent ever, etc.

Also, I took the time to fix all the quests that are still bugged to have a reward level different from their suggested level. I also set every quest in Skellige that was <16 to 16, because that shit is just straight up retarded design.

Mod file:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55725946/XPFix.7z
Extract that to \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\patch0\bundles and run the batch file.

And here's another one that gets rid of the dumb change to Death March XP yesterday. It's just the XP multiplier mod from Nexus that I edited to undo the 20% experience penalty on Death March. I want my goddamn mastercrafted gear, and I want to use superior gear for more than the last hour of the game.
Mod file:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...athMarchFix.7z
Extract that to \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles and run the batch file.
(NOTE: Only for Death March. Blood and Broken Bones would require a 1.11~ xp mod to counter the 10% penalty. Simple to edit the file yourself if you want.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel like they're not really getting 'good' at this game? I feel like my typical setup is some form of encounter group of mobs, pull them a bit, try to fight them 1v2 and dodge-attack or parry-attack. If there are 4+ mobs (especially nekkers and wraiths) I have to back off and run away.

Maybe I'm spoiled by games like Assassin's Creed or Batman where you can run into a group of baddies and if you're skillfull enough dispatch them cleanly.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel like they're not really getting 'good' at this game? I feel like my typical setup is some form of encounter group of mobs, pull them a bit, try to fight them 1v2 and dodge-attack or parry-attack. If there are 4+ mobs (especially nekkers and wraiths) I have to back off and run away.

Maybe I'm spoiled by games like Assassin's Creed or Batman where you can run into a group of baddies and if you're skillfull enough dispatch them cleanly.
You get a lot of tools to handle bigger packs, at least in the melee and signs trees. Some of them are cheesier than others, but you have options nonetheless.

Even with over 60 hours played I don't feel like I'm that much better at the swordplay. I've tried my damnedest to play this game like a shield less Souls game, but the controls and combat just aren't tight enough. I'm about to give in and try out a signs build.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I've gotten much better at W3's combat as I've progressed. At this point I can take packs of devourers or alghouls several levels higher than me without breaking a sweat. Large mobs with predictable/slow movements (Giants, trolls, wyverns etc) don't even hit me anymore. Only thing that poses a threat still seems to be larger groups of wraiths.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

I haven't played the latest AC games, but they intentionally crippled the AI to just stand and watch while you were dispatching somebody else. There are some differences, if you are 1v1, then there is rarely a reason for you to get hit by anything, including bosses. Getting surrounded is a death sentence, unless you kill stuff in 1-2 hits and cut your way out. Most of the skill for people here is in how to approach the encounters, the controls themselves aren't hard to pull off, especially if you are patient and back off after 2-3 hits. I was missing some enemy type that would heavily punish attacking out of the blue, I could usually take my chances with fast attacks and break their offense.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried a bomb build yesterday the immediately get back 30% life on any potion use is broken, combined with higher toxicity threshold and you are godlike. Have 6 of each bomb isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the UI giving you 2 bombs/potions and making you navigate 6 different screens to equip them makes any build that heavily uses potions/bombs not worth the effort.

Shit I don't even like having to use the consolitis wheel to use different signs.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So do you just run around, chuck them and then meditate after each fight or what? Or do you use your sword through most of it, then whenever a billy badass shows up you use your bombs to get through it?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So do you just run around, chuck them and then meditate after each fight or what? Or do you use your sword through most of it, then whenever a billy badass shows up you use your bombs to get through it?
Basically yeah usually run up and slaughter them with quick strikes, or one shot low level mobs for treasure caches or whatever. Giants/trolls/contracts of level or higher I might burn through all 12. Or one moon dust for wraiths, it works like Yrden trap making them whole and taking a lot more sword damage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh I made a macro with my g600 mouse to instant cast signs but I switched to a gamepad because the game is built around using a gamepad (has velocity based turning and independent attack/camera directions).

Vorph

Told you you should have gotten a DS4, but you listened to those crazy xbox people!

P.S. -GAMEPAD PLUS - Insta-Signs Menus Quicksave and MoreandInstant Sign Casting for Controller xbox 360 or Gamepadare made for people with inferior controllers, if you don't mind completely relearning the control scheme partway through the game.

And speaking of useful mods, someone noticed that a second option was added in the ini along with the thing that changes red witcher senses to blue for color blind people--"Just go to bin\config\base\gameplay.ini. Open the ini and set "MotionSicknessFocusMode" from false to true. There you go, no more motion sickness while using witcher senses." Ignoring the strange naming (motion sickness would be more likely to be caused by the FOV change, which is unaffected by this) what the setting actually does is remove the blurring from the edges of the screen while you have witcher senses on.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ah that's a good idea to have modifiers, I'll have to try it out. How would DS4 help me? I'm not against getting it.

Oh, one other problem I have. I get archers noscoping me at 100meters, but I can't start blocking and richochetting the arrows back at them until I get to 10 meters to enter 'combat mode'. Is there a solution to this, or am I going to be stuck awkwardly trying to enter witcher sense mode as I'm getting pelted by arrows?

Vorph

The touchpad has 12 additional binds (4 swipes, 4 presses, 4 long presses). Gives you a place to put things that don't really need to be on the primary buttons, which in turn frees up space for a modifier key to do instant cast signs, etc. Plus being able to have quicksave and UI shortcuts for map, inventory, journal, etc. on the pad instead of using the console controls or reaching for your keyboard.