Witcher 3

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Oh, one other problem I have. I get archers noscoping me at 100meters, but I can't start blocking and richochetting the arrows back at them until I get to 10 meters to enter 'combat mode'. Is there a solution to this, or am I going to be stuck awkwardly trying to enter witcher sense mode as I'm getting pelted by arrows?
Exact same problem, haven't found a great solution. I just try to run up and drag drag a few melee units back with me to put me in combat. Also you can position yourself so the melee are in the path of the arrow on the way back and take out a few guys that way. Archers are annoying in this game especially since the arrows fly through trees and anything else.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ah that's a good idea to have modifiers, I'll have to try it out. How would DS4 help me? I'm not against getting it.

Oh, one other problem I have. I get archers noscoping me at 100meters, but I can't start blocking and richochetting the arrows back at them until I get to 10 meters to enter 'combat mode'. Is there a solution to this, or am I going to be stuck awkwardly trying to enter witcher sense mode as I'm getting pelted by arrows?
I would just charge the archers, roll when they were firing, and then kill them and run out again, personally.

Never seemed to be much problem, just be agile, and ready to move away when some of their buddies show up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Use Quen to approach. If you aren't in combat then your stamina regens almost instantly, so if they break the shield you can recast immediately.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Do additional quests pop up on the bulletin boards as time passes? Several that I have already visited and cleared out are showing up as highlighted/yellow on my map again. Was just curious if that's just a glitch or if they really do have new quests/POIs

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would just charge the archers, roll when they were firing, and then kill them and run out again, personally.

Never seemed to be much problem, just be agile, and ready to move away when some of their buddies show up.
You can't even roll until you're in combat. Just sprint and jump.

I do the tactical charge method too.

the in combat method in this game sucks in general, you get out of combat way too often, which makes all the 'stacker +gooderer while in combat' decoctions a bad option.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I found the combat in/out shit to be annoying as fuck.

But in the context of which I was speaking, I would engage in combat by getting within range of the encounter first, then charge and do the roll dodge and attack the archers thing. Sorry if I was unclear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got the light-sabre inspired trait to reflect arrows back at the enemies, so once I get into combat it's GG archers.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Yeah I got the light-sabre inspired trait to reflect arrows back at the enemies, so once I get into combat it's GG archers.
You may not like this solution as it makes most encounters (and much of the game) trivial, but go 7 points into Axii for the puppet perk. I stand on the edge of a large groups' combat zone and cast Axii on the closest guy and he kills the others for me. When I encounter the archer problem I do as others have suggest and roll around
smile.png
The only difference is I keep one enemy charmed by Axii the whole time so he kills while I dodge arrows and/or dispatch the archers myself. I am playing on Death March and have few problems with groups.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nothing wrong with that but yeah, I'm not charm kiting in a singleplayer game based around sword play.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
So beat the game last night. Some ramblings on the final game of one of my favourite series.

Best Moment in the game: When Geralt and friends decide to drunk dial some "sorceresses".

I really enjoyed the quests themselves, though if they ever run out of monsters Geralt should get into the murder mystery business.

Comments on my version the ending:

It actually brought a tear to the eye sending off Ciri to get married and become Empress but she probably could do the most "good" that way; at least Moorvan was not a total ass for a noble.

Geralt stayed single and a wanderer slaying monsters and sleeping with whomever was probably was the best ending for him. Settling down with the game version of Yen, bliss for the first month and then ugh; and I didn't see Geralt being happy being cooped up in some mansion as part of a royal court.

Temeria getting a measure of it's sovereignty back was cool but Djkstra was an idiot for trying to pull that last second coup off then and there and it felt out of character for him to do it that way. He should have just poisoned the vodka.

It bugged me not knowing what the hell the "white frost" actually was other than being a nebulous force like the langoliers eating worlds up.

Finally:

Ciri should have just stayed in the Cyberpunk 2077 game world and been your sidekick giving you directions and advice in the next game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So beat the game last night. Some ramblings on the final game of one of my favourite series.

Best Moment in the game: When Geralt and friends decide to drunk dial some "sorceresses".

I really enjoyed the quests themselves, though if they ever run out of monsters Geralt should get into the murder mystery business.

Comments on my version the ending:

It actually brought a tear to the eye sending off Ciri to get married and become Empress but she probably could do the most "good" that way; at least Moorvan was not a total ass for a noble.

Geralt stayed single and a wanderer slaying monsters and sleeping with whomever was probably was the best ending for him. Settling down with the game version of Yen, bliss for the first month and then ugh; and I didn't see Geralt being happy being cooped up in some mansion as part of a royal court.

Temeria getting a measure of it's sovereignty back was cool but Djkstra was an idiot for trying to pull that last second coup off then and there and it felt out of character for him to do it that way. He should have just poisoned the vodka.

It bugged me not knowing what the hell the "white frost" actually was other than being a nebulous force like the langoliers eating worlds up.

Finally:

Ciri should have just stayed in the Cyberpunk 2077 game world and been your sidekick giving you directions and advice in the next game.
I haven't read all the books, but I understood the White Frost as being the end point of evolution for all the worlds, basically a heat death of the universe, just a bit sooner. A force that cannot be fought with a swords and spells, that simply is

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Nothing wrong with that but yeah, I'm not charm kiting in a singleplayer game based around sword play.
I maxxed out Ignii and just roast the fuck out of 90% of the NPCs. Shield guys I counter then roast. The few non-flammables (wraiths/golems) I just beat down the old way. I'm playing the 2nd hardest difficulty.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
my r33t combat str4tegy for all W3 combat:

Igne, square, square, square, square, dodge, Igne, square, square, square, square, dodge, Igne....

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you really want to break the game, drink Ekhidna + Succubus decoctions, then hold down Whirl. Water Hag works in place of Succubus if you don't want to kill either of the succubi or the mutagen fails to drop when you do.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I played this 5 hours the day I bought it and haven't touched it since. The length of time it's going to take it just so daunting.