Witcher 3

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nice, thanks for the link. As it happens, I didn't miss any of the missable cards.
It's pretty straight forward. Play gwent with every vendor / innkeeper / NPC you get the chance to, & make sure to check every vendor for buyable cards.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
NOTE TO SELF: If I can't get to a point of interest, do not google that point of interest name or face spoilers lol =*(

The completionist in me is trying to get to every '?' on the map, even the boring at sea ones in Skellige.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I keep wanting to go out to the far sea ones. Because there just MUST be some cool hidden quests out there. I mean... there has to be right?!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I keep wanting to go out to the far sea ones. Because there just MUST be some cool hidden quests out there. I mean... there has to be right?!
Not sure. And after the 4th '?' I'm usually encumbered with 6 pieces of heavy armor. Usually the one cheat command I use is giving myself 1000 lbs of inventory space
wink.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Actually, some of the Skellige ones are for pretty late story quests. If it seems like the question mark is inside a mountain with no entrance in sight, you are probably better off skipping it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Finally beat it. Great game overall but act 3 should have been accompanied by more side quests. The act is over before you know it because you're not dividing your time between the main conflict and secondary content.

Also, the assassination quest line

one of the more intriguing events in that region but the ending was totally anticlimactic. The citizens of Novigrad don't even acknowledge Radovid's death

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got Witcher: Enhanced Edition and Witcher 2 as part of some humble bundle a long time ago but I've done nothing with either. I think I installed the first one and ran screaming from the combat system and never looked back. The reviews have me looking at giving W3 a good shot but I'm wondering if it i worth it? Without having played the other two? Is it best played on the PC or XB1/PS4?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd skip Witcher 1 for sure, maybe read up on how it ended if you really care. However I don't recommend skipping Witcher 2, it was an amazing game in it's own right and will set the stage for W3

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally beat it. Great game overall but act 3 should have been accompanied by more side quests. The act is over before you know it because you're not dividing your time between the main conflict and secondary content.

one of the more intriguing events in that region but the ending was totally anticlimactic. The citizens of Novigrad don't even acknowledge Radovid's death
Felt like they cut a lot of stuff towards the final acts since they had to push the game out in time. Same thing happened in Witcher 2 as well, Loc Muinne was around 2 hours.

The way Dijkstra went full retard made this the most disappointing quest in the game. He didn't like the deal Thaler made because they're giving up most of the Northern Kingdoms for just Temeria however he only decided this because of the info Geralt provided. Which was that Emhyr was facing opposition at home and Nilfgaard will probably be forced to withdraw from the war. Chances are Emhyr will be deposed soon or maybe even a civil war in Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms will actually be able to retake Temeria along with Aedern and Cintra.

So instead of explaining this new plan to Roche and Thaler and how he got this secret beta infos he just decided to have them killed. He also saysthis in front of you, like how you were gonna let Roche die after he dropped everything and helped out at Kaer Morhan.

Then you throw in Ciri's destiny of defeating the white frost ... what the fuck was that? Played the game for 80+ hours and they throw this in right at the end.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

The entire thing is like two quests long. They really dropped the ball on that line. Dykstra reaction also didn't fit his character one bit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Felt like they cut a lot of stuff towards the final acts since they had to push the game out in time. Same thing happened in Witcher 2 as well, Loc Muinne was around 2 hours.

The way Dijkstra went full retard made this the most disappointing quest in the game. He didn't like the deal Thaler made because they're giving up most of the Northern Kingdoms for just Temeria however he only decided this because of the info Geralt provided. Which was that Emhyr was facing opposition at home and Nilfgaard will probably be forced to withdraw from the war. Chances are Emhyr will be deposed soon or maybe even a civil war in Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms will actually be able to retake Temeria along with Aedern and Cintra.

So instead of explaining this new plan to Roche and Thaler and how he got this secret beta infos he just decided to have them killed. He also saysthis in front of you, like how you were gonna let Roche die after he dropped everything and helped out at Kaer Morhan.

Then you throw in Ciri's destiny of defeating the white frost ... what the fuck was that? Played the game for 80+ hours and they throw this in right at the end.
Assassination definitely went through some cuts, probably the best spot for some fleshing out, same for freeing Philippa - here's a prison that she randomly found herself in eh ?
The White Frost:

Ciri's destiny was always there, it's just not very pressing since you spend most of the game chasing her. The whole Ithline prophecy and a child of elder blood being able to stop it, but with Geralt being who he is, he keeps saying he thinks it's bullshit, while the elf thinks otherwise, which is why he is helping Ciri. Fuck, they even show you the White Frost during the visit to Ge'els with Avalach and in the elven world they talk how another province has fallen to it. My biggest question was whether Ciri can actually stop it or die trying and only the ending answers that

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Assassination definitely went through some cuts, probably the best spot for some fleshing out, same for freeing Philippa - here's a prison that she randomly found herself in eh ?
The White Frost:

Ciri's destiny was always there, it's just not very pressing since you spend most of the game chasing her. The whole Ithline prophecy and a child of elder blood being able to stop it, but with Geralt being who he is, he keeps saying he thinks it's bullshit, while the elf thinks otherwise, which is why he is helping Ciri. Fuck, they even show you the White Frost during the visit to Ge'els with Avalach and in the elven world they talk how another province has fallen to it. My biggest question was whether Ciri can actually stop it or die trying and only the ending answers that
The reasoning behind the wild hunt going after ciri kinda goes against the book though. In the novels the Aen Elle are basically world conquerors. They committed mass genocide on the current world they inhabit. Though they all once had the ability to move about time/space like ciri but lost it. So to do that now they enslaved a bunch of sentient unicorns (no joke lol). Kinda wish they had incorporated more of the novels lore into the game instead going with frost wizards teleporting armies around. I don't think the books ever mentioned anything about ciri bringing about the apocalypse.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The reasoning behind the wild hunt going after ciri kinda goes against the book though. In the novels the Aen Elle are basically world conquerors. They committed mass genocide on the current world they inhabit. Though they all once had the ability to move about time/space like ciri but lost it. So to do that now they enslaved a bunch of sentient unicorns (no joke lol). Kinda wish they had incorporated more of the novels lore into the game instead going with frost wizards teleporting armies around. I don't think the books ever mentioned anything about ciri bringing about the apocalypse.
Haven't read the later books, IIRC one of the reasons they want Ciri is that she can jump between worlds much better than anyone else, therefore opening the world to a potential invasion instead of 20 riders of the apocalypse The reason they conquer worlds is to escape The White Frost. They fleshed out the politics of Aen Elle a bit, how they aren't exactly united on whether their escape from apocalypse justifies wiping out another population, but I think they did a good job in making the big villain not just "lol evil". In the end, I think this kind of stuff is better left intentionally vague, since most people wanted medieval blood and mud fantasy, not Star Wars.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished it with over 120 hour sunk in. This was the CRPG of my dreams. The story was beautiful. In the end (for me) Ciri became Empress of Nilfgaard which honestly surprised me, I thought she'd want to be a Witcher... which I saw was an option after I read some shit. Triss and I live happily ever after in Kovir. Not sure what Yennefer or Phillipa did, despite that I thought it would say.

Without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. Despite its very obvious problems with inventory/movement/whatever. I have always been a CRPG whore and this was far better than Pillars of Eternity in terms of story. For the modern era, this is my favorite game of all time just as Baldur's Gate 2 was for the 00-10 decade for me. Planescape: Torment is number two only because I wasn't as invested in the story as I was with The Baldur's Gate.

Bravo CD Projekt RED. I already purchased the Season Pass which is something I have never done for a game ever. But I gladly do for this one. I truly look forward to anything else they make. Might do a replay in a few years, because damn does Witcher 3 have a ton of content to enjoy.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Chiming in as I just finished it as well. Straight up one of the best games I've played(UI stuff aside). This pretty much ruins anything bethesda/bioware have put out, for me at least. And yeah, generally not a DLC person but will be buying whatever DLC comes out. Damn, what a game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You will be happy to hear they have 2 more expansions planned, one should come out in October, the second in Q1 of 2016

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Chiming in as I just finished it as well. Straight up one of the best games I've played(UI stuff aside). This pretty much ruins anything bethesda/bioware have put out, for me at least. And yeah, generally not a DLC person but will be buying whatever DLC comes out. Damn, what a game.
Yeah, that's no small problem for me. I shoulda played Inquisition first.