Witcher 3

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just can't really get past the loose controls and UI issues. Might just be me being busy with other shit and not giving it enough of a shot. Think I will wait for a few more patches and maybe an expac before I come back. DA:I was my favorite game last year, so it would seem that this type of game would be my thing, dunno.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Only real UI issue I had was the inventory and being unable to organize/sort shit. That coupled with the lag made it kinda annoying to scroll down to the potion/oil i wanted to use. The "loose" control of Geralt I just got used to I guess, it felt a little better after the latest patch on PS4.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Inquisition, which was an excellent game, is straight up unplayable for me now. There is no way in fuck you could get me to play that game again with Witcher 3 out there. THAT is how big the gap is. Inquisition is a spectacular game, W3 is a masterpiece.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it might be almost impossible to go back to any rpg that has bullshit MMO-style kill/collect questing. I won't right off anything that has yet to come out yet heh, but for now this sets the standard.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
CDPR set the bar high now for all RPG's, I think too high now. They will be hard pressed to reach the same heights again imo. They had a world that was already fleshed out through the novels, so making the story and characters interesting was a bit easier then say Dragon Age which was solely created from the ground up within Bioware.

I would love to see some of the original Witcher stories made into an expansion. The original short stories would make some great quests.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
CDPR set the bar high now for all RPG's, I think too high now. They will be hard pressed to reach the same heights again imo. They had a world that was already fleshed out through the novels, so making the story and characters interesting was a bit easier then say Dragon Age which was solely created from the ground up within Bioware.

I would love to see some of the original Witcher stories made into an expansion. The original short stories would make some great quests.
Antiquated relic that I am, I still vastly prefer jrpg's, but Witcher 3 is the only game of its type I've spent more than 20 hours on. 50ish and counting.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Late game main quest line has a real pacing problem. I'm back to Novigrad levels of boredom. Unfortunate after the Imelrith high point.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Just echoing the last few posts. This is one of the greatest games ever made. I seriously don't know how they achieved such a feat while being so polished. I was looking at videos of Dragon Age and it's not even close.

The amount of times I've come to the end of a quest and forgotten this is just a little side quest and not even the main quest is crazy!

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished. Amazing game and story. I almost teared up a few times.

I only wish combat was harder, I played on the difficulty below the hardest and it wasnt even remotely challenging. I just fast attacked/Axii my way through the entire game. The bosses in Witcher 2 seemed harder to me.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Just finished. Amazing game and story. I almost teared up a few times.
If you don't tear up in that little cutscene
when you find Ciri's lifeless body in the Isle of Mists
Then you're a goddamn robot.

This game has the characters convey emotion better than any other game I've played so far. Yahtzee seems to think it's the eyebrows.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Antiquated relic that I am, I still vastly prefer jrpg's, but Witcher 3 is the only game of its type I've spent more than 20 hours on. 50ish and counting.
You kids these days. Antiquated relics played Wizardy and Bard Tale 1, young whippersnappers who don't know what rpg's are play jrpg's.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Inquisition, which was an excellent game, is straight up unplayable for me now. There is no way in fuck you could get me to play that game again with Witcher 3 out there. THAT is how big the gap is. Inquisition is a spectacular game, W3 is a masterpiece.
I feel the opposite, but I totally understand someone preferring W3 (which is essentially a much better version of Kindoms of Amalur) if the party mechanics of DA:I were not a major draw for it. Both games are so good that it is really a matter of ones personal preferences as to which you would find better at this point. I imagine W3 will pull ahead once it has had the year of refinement that DA:I currently has.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
If you don't tear up in that little cutscene
when you find Ciri's lifeless body in the Isle of Mists
Then you're a goddamn robot.

This game has the characters convey emotion better than any other game I've played so far. Yahtzee seems to think it's the eyebrows.
That part and the part where he tells emhyr she is dead as well, I realized it was a ruse after but it was pretty hard

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the party mechanics of DA:I were not a major draw for it
I'd have considered the party mechanics a major draw if the AI wasn't so utterly incapable of playing any class/spec well. I know it doesn't matter since DA:I is just as trivially easy after a few levels even on the hardest difficulty (just like TW3 is) but it still bugged the shit out of me the whole time I played it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agree there. As much as people bagged on it, FF12 was arguably the best party AI around, if you customized it correctly. Both of these games the AI is terribly, even when heavily customized.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm not really enjoying Skellige so far, feels like playing Skyrim with all the damn talk of Jarls and all the impassible mountains and such. Velen & Novigrad felt new & interesting and now Skellige feels way too familiar/boring.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Tried to play Witcher 2 like 5 times, hated the linear nature of the begining... is all of witcher 2 pretty much linear ? and "guided" if you will... ? How about Withcher 3, same deal ?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tried to play Witcher 2 like 5 times, hated the linear nature of the begining... is all of witcher 2 pretty much linear ? and "guided" if you will... ? How about Withcher 3, same deal ?
I bought it after not getting super into Witcher 2 and hating the combat of Witcher 1 and so far I'm enjoying myself. I may switch my build soon (only level 7) because using signs doesn't feel natural yet and instead feels more like a hassle but even then I'm still having a good time.