Witcher 3

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You get the quests from bulletin boards.

And there's no reason to be a pack rat. Sell everything that's valuable, and don't pick it up in the first place if it isn't. Actual useful stuff is weightless or very close to it. By the time you get to Novigrad (following normal progression) you should have more gold than you'll spend in the entire game. By the time I bought the best saddle bags I was at the point where I never even came close to filling them up because there was no reason to bother looting everything.
Did you not buy the runestone/glyph recipes? They're super expensive and I don't know which one to get.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
You get the quests from bulletin boards.

And there's no reason to be a pack rat. Sell everything that's valuable, and don't pick it up in the first place if it isn't. Actual useful stuff is weightless or very close to it. By the time you get to Novigrad (following normal progression) you should have more gold than you'll spend in the entire game. By the time I bought the best saddle bags I was at the point where I never even came close to filling them up because there was no reason to bother looting everything.
Speaking of which, what DO people spend money on? I have 8k at level 15 and I have no clue what to spend it on.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Nothing? Money was pretty tight in the very early game but quickly became pointless.
I blew alot on end game crafting and recipes from that druid but other than that, its pretty much how it should be in a single player game.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit this game is great so far. I cleaned out all the side quests in the first town and now I'm up to the griffin fight. It seemed like I had to dismount to use a road sign for fast travel but when I did that last night, my horse stayed at the original sign and whistling didn't bring him to me. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? I saved away from my horse so I'm hoping when I log in he'll port to me.

The game runs smooth and sharp on the new card with everything but hair effects at ultra.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit this game is great so far. I cleaned out all the side quests in the first town and now I'm up to the griffin fight. It seemed like I had to dismount to use a road sign for fast travel but when I did that last night, my horse stayed at the original sign and whistling didn't bring him to me. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? I saved away from my horse so I'm hoping when I log in he'll port to me.

The game runs smooth and sharp on the new card with everything but hair effects at ultra.
I'm about 60 hours into the game and I just don't use the horse at all. It's barely faster than running on your own, and more awkward to control, and definitely a pain in the ass to dismount if something is attacking you. In my 60+ hours of play I've probably spent all of 15 minutes on a horse(mostly just the quest races)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks good to know, never even considered that as an option. My new next door neighbor played football for the Tigers around 2005-2006.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I'm about 60 hours into the game and I just don't use the horse at all. It's barely faster than running on your own, and more awkward to control, and definitely a pain in the ass to dismount if something is attacking you. In my 60+ hours of play I've probably spent all of 15 minutes on a horse(mostly just the quest races)
If you think running is just barely faster than using the horse on full sprint your retarded.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
What Khalan said, horse is much faster for exploring new places and gives you immunity to fall damage...

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of which, what DO people spend money on? I have 8k at level 15 and I have no clue what to spend it on.
how the hell do you have 8k... i'm scrounging for money everywhere, i sell every armor/sword i can't use and i loot everything, everywhere.
my money is sitting at about 400 right now :/
I do take all these stupid pelts and dismantle them to save on encumbrance, but other than that, i really don't buy anything at all. I'm piss poor in this game.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Get witcher gear and sell all the armor you come across to armorers. Do contracts, bet the maximum when you do horse races/fist fights/Gwent matches, etc.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sell monster drops when you have more than 10 of the item and for general materials more than ~40... Especially dust from wraiths is crazy expensive, I was running into the Skyrim problem, no merchant had enough money to buy all of my leftovers

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Sell monster drops when you have more than 10 of the item and for general materials more than ~40... Especially dust from wraiths is crazy expensive, I was running into the Skyrim problem, no merchant had enough money to buy all of my leftovers
That is basically where I was at except I settled on +20 of any crafting item (monster/alchemy or other).

My problem ends up being weight issues rather than money - like you said, can be more of a PITA to find merchants with the coin to buy yer shit rather than a problem of being broke....Some of that stuff sells for huge coin.

My problem is weight. Even at 20 of each item, at 0.01 weight each, that adds up fast with every 5 stacks of 20 being 1 weight and scrolling down and down and down through more stacks than I care to count. I don't know how much weight is wrapped up in 0.01 weight crafting stuff I may never use - but it is a bloody lot.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That is basically where I was at except I settled on +20 of any crafting item (monster/alchemy or other).

My problem ends up being weight issues rather than money - like you said, can be more of a PITA to find merchants with the coin to buy yer shit rather than a problem of being broke....Some of that stuff sells for huge coin.

My problem is weight. Even at 20 of each item, at 0.01 weight each, that adds up fast with every 5 stacks of 20 being 1 weight and scrolling down and down and down through more stacks than I care to count. I don't know how much weight is wrapped up in 0.01 weight crafting stuff I may never use - but it is a bloody lot.
That's why I settled on 10, I think I ran into weight limit like once, but that was due to armor/swords being so heavy. I wonder why there's no stash, W2 had one in each inn for all the collectors.