Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There's no way he wasn't influenced by him. Not with the Tyrion easter egg in the game.
Oh, no doubt. That goes without saying. I was saying his speech mannerisms and timbre sound so much like Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon that I thought it actually WAS him.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was calling him King Robert within like two minutes, even before he started talking about all his drinking and slapping his woman around etc.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That end of that quest line almost made me load an hours old save just to unfuck my choices. Love the Witcher's world, hate feeling duped.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
90% of these shitheads are out to dupe you.

There must be.. 30 ? between me and my next objective. On a side quest. God dammit.

Doing family matters. Gaining shittons of quests along the way. The funniest so far was a ?? level earth ele that was absolute buttrape

I figure once I hit 10 I can go full explore mode.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Armor class vs resist %, any fucking clue?

I look like patchface now, so that might influence the choice. Still, +13 ac on light armor.

Huge upgrades on my weapons at level 10. Now I'm one shotting bitches.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Armor class vs resist %, any fucking clue?

I look like patchface now, so that might influence the choice. Still, +13 ac on light armor.

Huge upgrades on my weapons at level 10. Now I'm one shotting bitches.
Quen + solid sword do more than any armor choices I think. Make sure to always have the best sword for your level, armor doesn't do much imo, just pick your crafted witcher set and you are set.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get a kick when I discovered magic trap upgraded yrden slows down giant sized mobs to a crawl. I lure them in, turn on flame thrower igni and then strafe around them. By the time I make it behind them they are almost dead. Shit gets me every time.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Curious, what do you guys do after the main story is done? I am L36 and clueless on any possible postgame shit worth doing. Where is that black horse i freed? can i go rape him or something?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Curious, what do you guys do after the main story is done? I am L36 and clueless on any possible postgame shit worth doing. Where is that black horse i freed? can i go rape him or something?
I thought that black horse turned into the leshen that appears north of the place the black horse goes to?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I stopped playing to preserve the awesomness in my memory. The postgame stuff I saw was obviously an afterthought, which I found jarring compared to how great everything before that is.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought my first ever top of the line video card and I wanted a new game to push it so I picked up Witcher 3 this weekend. The video card gets here today. I have never played a Witcher game, I'll be playing this using mouse and keyboard. What difficulty setting do you guys recommend? Once you start into a game can the difficulty be adjusted? Anything else I need to know or should I just jump into the game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blood and Broken Bones at absolute minimum. If you're any good at action games, then I wouldn't consider anything less than Death March. You can change the difficulty later if you want.

You should probably watch a recap video of TW and TW2 if you don't intend to go back and play them. It's not essential, but there are a lot of returning characters and some plot points related to the previous games. And remap the keyboard before you even start playing if you insist on using it instead of a controller; the default controls are terrible for things like dodging.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I got a few free DLC quest addons from Steam, says they're installed, but don't see them in my quest list? (I'm post-game atm)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The two lower settings really trivialize things to the point of "button mash through fight, rest an hour" but does eliminate a huge amount of inventory pack-ratting and some other things that could get tedious at times if you're more into the story than the RPG elements. But it doesn't really feel like a Witcher game if you play it that way, especially if you played Witcher 2.

I think I'm doing the same as everyone else by beefing up just my light attack to leave room to play around with a few powered up signs.

KBM controls will definitely take tweaking. I just wind up using my mouse for inventory shit.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Too much stuff in your inventory, "Drop it on the floor and it will stay" they said... well, it doesn't, i dropped every book and paper i had (not quest ones) and they were there for about a week... now they are gone. Really need a home chest or something
frown.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I got a few free DLC quest addons from Steam, says they're installed, but don't see them in my quest list? (I'm post-game atm)
You get the quests from bulletin boards.

And there's no reason to be a pack rat. Sell everything that's valuable, and don't pick it up in the first place if it isn't. Actual useful stuff is weightless or very close to it. By the time you get to Novigrad (following normal progression) you should have more gold than you'll spend in the entire game. By the time I bought the best saddle bags I was at the point where I never even came close to filling them up because there was no reason to bother looting everything.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
man, i pack rat it all, books give quests sometimes, i usually sell all armor and swords i find, or dismantle them for parts. Pelts weigh a good amount, but i dismantle them too.
On average i sit at 71/90 weight. But it's hard for me to walk into a town and not take every last thing they have from every bag, chest, shelf, crate etc...