Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Rereading my post, it was more negative than I intended. If you look at my post history in the thread you'll see that it's pretty clear that I love the game (I 100% it and pre-ordered the expansions).

My rhetorical question was really directed at game development in general more than specifically at CDPR. More often than not, games will be released with problems that seem like common sense to us (the players). Unlike most studios, CDPR actually addresses those problems post release. I mean look at Arkham Origins; they straight up said they weren't going to be fixing game breaking bugs (there were several) and instead would be focusing on pumping out DLC.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of changes they've made to Geralt's movement. I've got a few DLC quests left to give the new moves a test drive.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Going to put this on my list of shit to play in the short future after I wrap up a couple other games, not sure if I should get on PC or PS4. I'm assuming i'll have no problems running high settings with a OC 2500k and GTX 970, if I get it on PC better to use a controller or KB/M and is it a decent port?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd go controller for sure. I can't think of any 3rd person view game that controls better with a KB&M than a controller.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Remember the enhanced edition updates? These guys very much care about improving their games.

They even make unofficial patches/mods.

Where do I need to invest in strong attack for breaking guard/heavily armored enemies? Does the igni armor reduction accomplish the same thing?
Igni upgrade reduces armor by a percentage, as does the tier 4 heavy attack upgrade. The tier 3 heavy attack is the special attack that ignores armor/shields completely.

This was the first game i actually played all the way through in the series, but i had witcher 2 enhanced edition already and decided to pick up witcher 1 enhanced edition to play through the whole series.

Oh man, was that a mistake. The first game is just. I mean damn. it's not even that old but man does it show its age, and the combat system is completely different (ie bad). It was only like 8 bucks on steam and i was about to request a refund til i saw that all of the dlc for witcher 3 is free, thought about their tendency to go back and fix everything with enhanced editions, etc.

So fuck it they can keep my 8 bucks. I just wiki'd the story from witcher 1 and started up 2, and will import that save to 3 when im done and can play through 3 again when it actually makes sense and i have some understanding of what the fuck is going on.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I might be crazy but I actually liked the keyboard/mouse controls more, especially with the .ini tweaks to make signs 1 button instant cast.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Igni upgrade reduces armor by a percentage, as does the tier 4 heavy attack upgrade. The tier 3 heavy attack is the special attack that ignores armor/shields completely.

This was the first game i actually played all the way through in the series, but i had witcher 2 enhanced edition already and decided to pick up witcher 1 enhanced edition to play through the whole series.

Oh man, was that a mistake. The first game is just. I mean damn. it's not even that old but man does it show its age, and the combat system is completely different (ie bad). It was only like 8 bucks on steam and i was about to request a refund til i saw that all of the dlc for witcher 3 is free, thought about their tendency to go back and fix everything with enhanced editions, etc.

So fuck it they can keep my 8 bucks. I just wiki'd the story from witcher 1 and started up 2, and will import that save to 3 when im done and can play through 3 again when it actually makes sense and i have some understanding of what the fuck is going on.
Yeah took me 3 tries to play and beat witcher 1, it was just bland and frustrating.

As far as gameplay I think Witcher 2 is best, followed by 3, then 1. Storywise though I'd say 3, 2, 1 as well.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah took me 3 tries to play and beat witcher 1, it was just bland and frustrating.

As far as gameplay I think Witcher 2 is best, followed by 3, then 1. Storywise though I'd say 3, 2, 1 as well.
I am the hipster European here who liked Witcher before it was cool, but I never had problem with controls or combat in any of the games. Then again, I got used to some really weird controls thanks to Gothic 1 and 2, so the QTE style of W1 was easy. Eventually, you just maxed Igni and blew up everything, swords be damned. I think storywise it's 3-1-2, 1 had a pretty solid story, but the acting in W3 takes it to another level.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I like how Geralt's body language tells you what he thinks the proper response is for any conversation. That sad resigned look when you go against him, heh.

Does anyone reload to change outcomes? I haven't. I just assume the quest ends in either "shit #1" or "shit #2." I'll look that stuff up after its over.

As far as controls - the only time I bother with kbm is for inventory shit. It's a hell of a lot faster.

EDIT: Also https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3717n9/guide_how_to_rebind_igniteextinguish_candle_to_a/

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I like how Geralt's body language tells you what he thinks the proper response is for any conversation. That sad resigned look when you go against him, heh.
Was talking about this earlier. It's especially apparent to me when he's talking to Dandelion and details like that really make the game.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I never played any Witcher game so I bought Witcher 1 enhanced edition at Walmart in the bargain bin for a couple of bucks. The game crashes every time I try to launch. It's supposed to have all the patches so no idea what is causing the crash.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I'd go controller for sure. I can't think of any 3rd person view game that controls better with a KB&M than a controller.
True, I think I get it for PS4, after done with GTA V and Bloodborne .... oh well and there is Metal Gear Ground Zero ... so maybe good idea if there will be any full bundle discount for xmas

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I never played any Witcher game so I bought Witcher 1 enhanced edition at Walmart in the bargain bin for a couple of bucks. The game crashes every time I try to launch. It's supposed to have all the patches so no idea what is causing the crash.
I seem to recall their being some dumb copy protection with Witcher 1 and having to install drivers from the Tages website. Try that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I seem to recall their being some dumb copy protection with Witcher 1 and having to install drivers from the Tages website. Try that.
I'm fairly sure you can register your game at gog.com or something and get the GoG version is 100% DRM free

This is actually really good

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the game last night. Really, really liked it. I loved the fact that there is so much to do, between alchemy, chasing premier weapons & armor, hunting monsters and making bandits kill their buddies with the Axi sign. Went with heavy armor/alchemy to boost vitality, used potions and oils to beef up my damage. Never had any issues with any of the creatures. Music was one of the best parts of the game. Reminded me a lot of Red Dead Redemption.