Witcher 3

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I would say its 100% related to the performance of your PC relative to the PS4. If you are someone who would like to mod out things that annoy you, clearly you have to play on PC. If your PC is sketchy settings wise, then you don't want a game you can't play.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure if you guys just don't pickup shit, but even with the 100 weight saddlebags I am constantly fighting it. I sell pretty much every pelt as soon as I see a merchant, and I don't even pick up weapons that aren't relics. I guess it's all of the crafting shit?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually most of the crafting stuff is .01 etc. Pelts, armors, weapons, extra crossbow bolts, Junk, extra horse equip, etc are usually the main culprits. Seriously guys, just go get one of the weight mods.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Actually most of the crafting stuff is .01 etc. Pelts, armors, weapons, extra crossbow bolts, Junk, extra horse equip, etc are usually the main culprits. Seriously guys, just go get one of the weight mods.
But there is so many of the 0,1 stuff, that it does add up too. Of course, gear and especially horse gear are easy to spot, but dumping a few of the crafting mats once in a while will also make your life easier.

HUH_sl

shitlord
By the end of the game with nothing in my inv but crafting shit and a few repair tools I was sitting at around 120/160 weight. I also picked up almost everything and never really had an issues with a weight limit, there's always a merchant around the corner. I stopped caring about getting a good selling price though and ended up with having like 60k gold after buying ever crafting schematic, alchemy recipe and gwent card I could find.

First thing usually do is get a weight mod for games like Skryim/Fallout but for whatever reason I didn't really run into any problems in this game.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought the digital version for PS4 and am loving it so far. Still level 1, but have stumbled across 3 or 4 stones of power. Are there specific skills I should focus on spending points on first, or does it not matter? Also, can I respec later?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd say go with one tree that interests you. They're all viable. I did the fast attacks and melee, but I've heard good things about signs and potions.

Yes, you can respec. It's relatively cheap once you're collecting a lot of loot, but not so cheap early game (1000g).

HUH_sl

shitlord
You can buy respec potions for 1k gold. I respeced a lot, ended up with a melee focused build with some potion stuff but everything is viable so just pick whatever is funnest to you. Pretty much every tree ends up stupid strong.

A lot of people recommend getting the first axii skill 'Delusion' ASAP so axii can be used successfully in more conversations, but looking back it didn't seem to do much more then give me the occasional bonus 40xp for skipping a fight or save me a tiny amount of gold for not having to bribe someone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Few times axii will bite you in the ass as well. Nothing game changing though. More helpful than not.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've been playing as igni till I got to Skelliege and now I'm thinking of switching out because it does seem a little boring at times and now I'm having a hard time adjusting to other styles. Have tried fast attack crits and strong attack rend build and both feel like I am spending 10x the amount of time per fight dodging around waiting for the right opening to hit something. The higher the health it has the more tedious it seems. Sigh... Should have avoided igni from the start.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Max out Yrden, Quen, and Axii (8points) This gives you dialog powers, improved self shield, and improved / 2 active regions yrden. Personally I really like Yrden, with 2 symbols on the ground you can just evade between regions and smash things with your sword, at least for me I liked that the most.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I spread points around a lot of trees early on and when I got enough gold I respec'd. Well I drank the respec potion, saved the game, and went to bed. next time I played i then went another 12 levels (finished off velen and a lot of skellige) before I realized that I never reallocated my points. Didn't even realize it until I tried to fight an elemental and couldn't break through his armor. This is on normal the nightmare or whatever death march it's called i'm sure i would of figured it out sooner.

So really choose whatever you want, it doesn't really matter.

only real thing to note is that you don't need to level up the tree's in order straight down the line, I mean you just need to spend the required points to unlock the next tier. I did the first 2 tiers of fast attack, 1 point in first tier defense so i could parry arrows (fucking bandits), 3rd tier of strong attack (so you can break through shields/kill elementals quick), also did 2nd tier of defense so you avoid all damage on dodges. afterwards I went back and rounded out more skills in combat but those are the main skills you need to kill anything and not die. I would recommend those skills first especially if you are a completionist like me and visit all the little ? based on how close they are, not what level they are, and end up fighting shit way over your level. 100% Dodge and strong attack ignoring defense lets you kill anything, eventually.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can do the same thing with a sign build really. Max out Quen/Yrden early, and between the shield/regen/slows it's really hard to get killed even if you fuck up and put yourself in a bad situation. Combine with the griffin talent, med armor, and all blue mutegens and you sign intensity and stamina regen become insane. To give an example I had to completely skip using igni all together because it had damn near 100% ignite chance which ticked for insane damage, trivialized anything that could be ignited. And that was with no talents spec'd into igni even.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I was considering buying this game for the PC until I saw the minimum system reqs. My GTX 560ti runs every MMO I play just fine but it's way below the minimum spec for this game. Nvidia had a comparison chart of GPUs on their website and apparently in the 3+ years I have had this card Nvidia has released over 25 newer cards. I won't be getting a new PC until next year so it's either wait or try the Xbox version on my son's console. I've never played a console game before and would have to learn how to use a controller. How is the difficulty of this game for a console rookie?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't comment on console/controller, just know that Pc and keyboard/mouse had it's own set of issues.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think you should feel pressured to buy it right now if you don't have the specs, yes it is excellent game, but it's only going to get better with more DLC and 2 expansions, all of which should be out in a year or so.