Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Based on reviews, I'd say Blood and Broken Bones is the minimum setting worth playing on. If reviewers, who seem to pretty much all suck at games, find the game too easy on the default difficulty, then I know it will be mind-numbingly trivial to me. Not sure about Death March. Both of the higher difficulties remove the ability to meditate to regain health and they claim the AI fights better, but Death March sounds like it also adds the kind of cheap, fake difficulty that I don't like. Stuff like increasing the damage enemies do and their hp, while decreasing all your stats, etc. That's just tedium disguised as difficulty.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Difficulty is fine as long as they give you interesting tools and choices to defeat it. Mass dodging while pricking the boss to death is not interesting and only one binary choice.
True, but too elaborate on my above post on the fight. The first try, it was a basic spam attack, try to block/parry and attack. This did not work well.

The following attempts went on to trying different signs and combinations to fight along with trying to dodge every attack (since it hit so hard, you could only take a few hits before dying).

The adds were wraiths that warp to you. I turned the stream off before he beat the fight, but I would assume the "correct" way to handle that fight would turn out to be

Trap sign wraiths (as that has been shown in videos to make them extra vulnerable) while trying to stasis boss to clear adds upon spawn.

or

Stasis adds and keep attacking boss.

Not sure since the boss got an insane regen when the adds spawned. Not sure if they healed him, or if you need to do constant damage to boss to negate regen.

Point being, I don't think just mass dodging and hitting the boss would work. Rather it is a combination of having to dodge attacks, while combining the right skills and attacks when you can. It looked fun.

Seen the opening fights done on normal to very hard now, and normal appears to be spam X to win, while very hard + requires dodge from the get go. Watched a streamer start on very hard, die to the very first fight 4 times and restart a new save.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Twitch

Gamespot streaming the first two hours. Been going for around 20 minutes. Xbox one. First stream I have seen that has done full source quality. Looks really good. Pre-patch though, so notice frame drops from time to time.

Caliane

"probably". also has the added benefit of promoting completion for Steam, and helping break their monopoly.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ok that trailer was tits, if i was able to join up with ONE other player in this game it would have my money, honestly only so much to do..... in a single player game man after the first play through im good, but add a buddy add some kind of mode for them where shit gets harder etc etc, even fable had the brains to do this eventually even though it sucked.

this gonna loooook nice on my titan at 60fps oh boooyyy

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Why did you buy a titan. 2 970s sli beat it in all ways for less money.
I tried SLI a few years back (2 580s when they were 'newish'), and don't think I'll ever fall for that again. Works great, sometimes, and almost never for new, cutting edge games when they're needed most. They usually fix the SLI issues in new games like 5 months later :*( QQ

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
SLI works fine now for everything. Technology improves with time, experience, and as more people adopt it. Mind blowing revelation, I know.