Witcher 3

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Nevermind. Day one patch and the new NVIDIA drivers didn't do anything worth noting.

If you have not bought this yet and have a PS4, and don't care about mods/possible future enhancements and want to play it on your couch, you are better off just buying the PS4 version rather than lug a PC into a room.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Nevermind. Day one patch and the new NVIDIA drivers didn't do anything worth noting.

If you have not bought this yet and have a PS4, and don't care about mods/possible future enhancements and want to play it on your couch, you are better off just buying the PS4 version rather than lug a PC into a room.
I'll still take 60fps and better graphics that will very likely improve through patches over console controls, 30fps, and graphics that will always be the same. I'm definitely frustrated that PC games have become console ports rather than the other way around, but I don't see how the PC experience isn't still going to be a good deal better, especially if you have a decent monitor/TV and sound system to use.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
For me it's just a lot of work. Optical out, DVI>HDMI, software configuration, receiver input set up, physically moving my PC, you know... all the problems of 1st worlder
smile.png

Sounds like it would have just been easier to plug in a PS4 disc and be off to the races based on what we are seeing in the world.

Or I just say screw it and play it on my Dell 24" IPS and listen to it in normal 5.1 on my older Logitech 5.1 desktop speakers.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same for me. My PC is massive and dragging it into theater room with 65" 4k is a mission. Saw writing on the wall and cancelled steam for ps4. Not really bothered to be honest, as I'd rather play on ps4 anyways. Pumped up for tonight and the long weekend to come!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's with this game and amount of people insisting on playing it on their couch? I never seen another thread where the physical transportation of a desktop was an actual talking point.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just a guess but maybe it is because, based on witcher 2 it will be much better with a controller and controller is more comfortable on couch in front of tv. my monitor died a year or so ago so my computer just lives hooked up to my tv for now.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
What's with this game and amount of people insisting on playing it on their couch? I never seen another thread where the physical transportation of a desktop was an actual talking point.
RR is just a bunch of old fat jaded neckbeards now so of course actually having to do physical labour is a talking point.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
The couch is the worst place to play for me. I could never get any alone time with the TV (because of the kids/wife). I always have my 24" Dell hooked to the PC and the PS4.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Because of the graphical trade off, playing on a larger system with a higher end audio experience, while retaining top-end graphics which has traditionally been above and beyond any console. For instance, I did this with Skyrim and it was fantastic and was obviously a lot better graphically than playing on a 360/PS3 without sacrificing visual quality, in fact, gaining it 5 fold. An Xbox Controller has traditionally been better than a keyboard / mouse when dealing with combat systems such as this and a more streamlined UI. (For instance, Skyrim on PC was ridiculous... The controller was much more fluid to control within the UI itself)

Problem is there has to * Be * a trade off, and it usually only rears it's head a couple times a year. There doesn't seem to be that now

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Holy crap, this thread went full retard.

I'm not sure how anyone would deal with 30fps over 60fps, regardless if the textures and effects looked identical.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I'm not sure how anyone would deal with 30fps over 60fps, regardless if the textures and effects looked identical.
Because most people will be bouncing around 30-50 anyhow regardless of what was marketed with graphical fidelity on par with the PS4 version on most PC rigs out there.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Because of the graphical trade off, playing on a larger system with a higher end audio experience, while retaining top-end graphics which has traditionally been above and beyond any console. For instance, I did this with Skyrim and it was fantastic and was obviously a lot better graphically than playing on a 360/PS3 without sacrificing visual quality, in fact, gaining it 5 fold. An Xbox Controller has traditionally been better than a keyboard / mouse when dealing with combat systems such as this and a more streamlined UI. (For instance, Skyrim on PC was ridiculous... The controller was much more fluid to control within the UI itself)

Problem is there has to * Be * a trade off, and it usually only rears it's head a couple times a year. There doesn't seem to be that now
Playing the pc version on a laptop with headphones, on a 60" tv. Don't have a 4k TV, so will settle for 1080p. Using a DS4 controller. Based on the UI I don't see any reason to use a keyboard and mouse.

Taho

N00b
What is the deal with $$ expansion passes? When did these become a "thing"? $25 for a couple DLC's months down the road seems kind of ridiculous to me. Is this something from console land that is now becoming common for PC games?

After getting burned on a few pre-ordered titles last year that did not live up to expectations, I refuse to pre-order games now - let alone pre-order future DLC. I do not feel the need anymore to purchase single-player games on Day 1. I will wait until Steam sales or something.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What is the deal with $$ expansion passes? When did these become a "thing"? $25 for a couple DLC's months down the road seems kind of ridiculous to me. Is this something from console land that is now becoming common for PC games?

After getting burned on a few pre-ordered titles last year that did not live up to expectations, I refuse to pre-order games now - let alone pre-order future DLC. I do not feel the need anymore to purchase single-player games on Day 1. I will wait until Steam sales or something.
Well CDPR have said that they define DLCs and Expansions differently. Any DLC (textures, small quests, Horse armor, etc) will be free as it costs them hardly anything to do it. If they were to charge for something, it would be expansions that add entire new regions and things to do. They are planning two of these.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I like their stance on that and they are right, even though no one else (Publishers) say it. It just baffles me that a company that can be brutally honest about their stance on horseshit DLC add ons (For the betterment of the consumer in this case) can turn around and fuck PC gamers in the same breath on an entirely different issue.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

I thought everyone in their right mind would pick up a large flat screen television as their primary PC monitor in this day and age. I've been boggled at the endless bitching in this thread for days.