Witcher 3

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished one ending of B&W and it totally fucking delivered! Wow that was so epic. If you aren't aware there is a witcher 2 style story branch in the final quest. Make sure you make a save when Regis gives you a choice on the solution to the final quest. You'll know when that is. They really nailed Regis' character, too bad most playing haven't read the books won't under the reasons for the comradery that exists between Geralt and Regis. Such a fitting send off for the witcher.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Fuck. Now I feel like I have to play it with the bugs or risk having it spoiled.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So far I haven't run into any, there are some rougher spots as far as graphics go, but otherwise it has been pretty smooth.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm astounded by the quality of this expansion..It may be one of the best stand alone games every made. Yeah that's right the fucken expansion I consider a stand alone game. Fucking amazing.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So Severance (plus Whirl distance) rune thingy + the new mutation that makes you do more damage the more mobs you're fighting = wreckage. Bolted past a some bandits in some castle to get into the sewers, and explored for a bit. Apparently all the bandits agroed and pathed into the sewers as I found out when I turned a corner and ran into 10+ bandits in a tiny corridor. Most satisfying kill streak ever.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally finished. Ever have that feeling towards the end of a series where you almost don't want to play it, because then it's finally over? Best SINGLE game I've probably played in a decade. Wonder if there will be another like it in terms of polish and richness.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally finished. Ever have that feeling towards the end of a series where you almost don't want to play it, because then it's finally over? Best SINGLE game I've probably played in a decade. Wonder if there will be another like it in terms of polish and richness.
Of course there will be. Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man I have high hopes for CDPR's next project but the witcher had the benefit of having a series of very good novels to use a starting point. Still can't wait to see if they will be showing something at E3.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished Blood and Wine tonight. CDPR is the high bar story driven RPG's. All the side quests were great and I did all the endings.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Just beat Blood and Wine on my Deathmarch NG+ save. Now sad. Worth playing 1 and 2? Well DLing now, so let me know if I wasted $10.

Also 636 hours in a $50 game, think I got my monies worth.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 is worth it for sure. The end of the first chapter in Flotsam has a point where you side with character A or character B which changes the entire rest of the game. It's essentially two different stories from that point.

1 has a great story, but it's mechanics and graphics are so dated it makes it hard to play now.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
2 is worth it for sure. The end of the first chapter in Flotsam has a point where you side with character A or character B which changes the entire rest of the game. It's essentially two different stories from that point.

1 has a great story, but it's mechanics and graphics are so dated it makes it hard to play now.
Well I'll give 1 a college try. Appreciate the feedback.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I skipped 1 after trying 3 times and not making it past half way. Read the wiki and moved on to 2. I didn't regret that decision at all.

Fadaar

That guy
Playing Witcher 1 is like going back to play Mass Effect 1. Lots of great stuff there, but the graphics and gameplay are just blah.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
To think that witcher 2 actually started as a witcher 1 remaster but the company doing it for them flaked out so they took the engine and started on W2 instead. I would still like a witcher 1 remaster completely throwing out that janky fighting engine. God what a shitty mechanic with the clicky spam timing.