Witcher 3

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,898
3,284
I am hoping the combat overhaul makes the game playable for me. Easily the one thing that always stops me from continuing the game after about 10 hours or so. I'm hopeful and optimistic since they are one of the few good studios left.

Elden Ring ruined all these old games for me. Even ruined some new games like god of war.
 

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
17,033
73,215
I am hoping the combat overhaul makes the game playable for me. Easily the one thing that always stops me from continuing the game after about 10 hours or so. I'm hopeful and optimistic since they are one of the few good studios left.

Did you try any of the combat overhaul mods?
 

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,815
15,879
Nah. I don't like modding games the first time through. I don't believe they updated combat enough in this for me to like it either.

Thanks a lot elden ring

Could just throw it on story mode and go through all the cool stories and side missions.
 
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
10,820
20,718
I mean I'm not even sure why Witcher 3 combat gets so much hate. It's essentially defacto 3rd person action game pre souls like combat. Sure it felt floaty but the remaster looked like it took care of that.
 
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Talos

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4,778
14,655
I mean I'm not even sure why Witcher 3 combat gets so much hate. It's essentially defacto 3rd person action game pre souls like combat. Sure it felt floaty but the remaster looked like it took care of that.
I don't get it either. I mean, it's been 10 years since I played this, but I don't remember the combat sticking out in a bad way at all.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,206
10,900
I don't get it either. I mean, it's been 10 years since I played this, but I don't remember the combat sticking out in a bad way at all.
It wasn't the greatest but it didn't suck. That said I played all 3 witchers and 1 now that was some dog shit combat.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5,316
23,702
Ehh you are definitely gonna have to tweak some settings. Loaded up old save, at the end of Blood and Wine.

Default Ultra settings, at daytime all vegetation is pitch black and the sun looks like a supernova. o_O
20260929225531_1.jpg
 
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
98
67
Looks pretty good overall. Didn't even attempt to open an old save as typically saves from older versions of games after a big remaster bring a ton of random issues, lol. Some wonkiness I noticed with oddly moving vegetation on the side of Kaer Morhen but other than that pretty solid FREE update. Hopefully they didn't DEI nuke any of the content...

20260929183840_1.jpg

20260929184115_1.jpg

20260929185902_1.jpg

20260929185851_1.jpg
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,206
10,900
Debating if I want to start another replay before the new DLC drops, because I'm 100% playing when it does. Still in the middle of 2 other games ATM though.
 

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,305
6,047
Ehh you are definitely gonna have to tweak some settings. Loaded up old save, at the end of Blood and Wine.

Default Ultra settings, at daytime all vegetation is pitch black and the sun looks like a supernova. o_O
AMD card? The game is completely broken without the 26.9.2 Adrenalin update. You have to manually download it from the website, auto-update won't work because it's tagged as optional.