Witcher 3

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,312
6,052
The new movement is weird. It's like the game is constantly trying to pull me in a direction that I'm not trying to go, kind of a combination of left stick movement feeling floaty while the camera sometimes moves independent of whatever I'm doing with the right stick. Sort of like if the 'Roach follows the road' thing was on all the time. Turning off the auto camera centering option made it a bit better but it still doesn't feel right. It was much worse on Switch 2 at lower fps compared to PC/XSX too.

I'd highly advise turning off controller vibration too. For some reason they've got it set so that practically anything will trigger it. Even just walking along the shore where there's an inch of water at results in constant rumble (tested all 3 platforms and it's the same).

I ended up sticking with XSX for this playthrough anyway. The PC version is nice with RT on but there's problems with the sound even when set to 'TV speakers' for a 2.1 setup. Dialogue is very muffled at times like it's still trying to do positional audio with channels that don't exist. No audio problems on console with an actual 5.1.2 system. Series X on performance mode with proper HDR on an OLED TV makes up for the PC version having far superior ray-tracing and ultrawide imo. I can barely even tell the difference between Xbox performance vs. RT modes; all it does is chop the fps in half for no reason.

There is one huge downside to playing on console though--not being able to use winGwint(1). :( I wonder if there's a mod for that now that you can use mod.io on all platforms......
 

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
17,048
73,295
Probably best to wait until the new DLC so they can work out kinks and modders can update mods if need be.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,312
6,052
Probably best to wait until the new DLC so they can work out kinks and modders can update mods if need be.
Never really found a need for mods in Witcher 3, especially compared to Cyberpunk. They incorporated some popular mods into the remaster too, so the weirdos who insist on having unlimited carry capacity can turn that on in the base game settings now.

I did find a Gwent mod on mod.io though and it already works with 5.0 so at least that's taken care of.
 

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
17,048
73,295
Never really found a need for mods in Witcher 3, especially compared to Cyberpunk. They incorporated some popular mods into the remaster too, so the weirdos who insist on having unlimited carry capacity can turn that on in the base game settings now.

I did find a Gwent mod on mod.io though and it already works with 5.0 so at least that's taken care of.

I consider the mods that disable Dandalion load screens and removing equipment durability pretty essential for taking a lot of unfun tedium out of the game. Fast travel anywhere is also pretty good but can brick some quests if not careful.
 

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
6,306
7,062
For combat this game absolutely has to be played on Death March, or its too easy. The redeeming element towards combat is the need to research and know the enemy you're fighting. Glad I never played the game on anything but Death March.

Doesn't fix the "feel" per se, but yeah.
 
Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,312
6,052
I see the rage baiting on Youtube is in full swing now. So many videos farming clicks by intentionally using old AMD drivers or turning on path tracing and DLSS5 enshittification on Nvidia.


Also, if anyone else is having the floaty movement and strange camera behavior that I mentioned yesterday, I fixed it by turning off "FSR Latency Reduction 2.0" in graphics settings. No idea what it's trying to do but it massively increases latency instead. I thought it was something to counteract the increased latency from framegen, but framegen isn't a problem at all to begin with.
 

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
631
827
I loaded it up and ran around for about 25 minutes yesterday. On a 5090 with most everything maxed except junk like motion blur it ran flawlessly. Unfortunately that's the first time I had seen the game in at least a couple of years so I have no idea how much better it looked than prior, lol. It seemed fine but is still clearly an older game (is it really 11 years old? holy shit).
 

gak

<Gold Donor>
2,811
14,435
For combat this game absolutely has to be played on Death March, or its too easy.
I just have to stop doing side quests so I'm not a tranny playing women's sports by the time I get to the main questline.
In Skyrim I mastered basket weaving etc. and was so over leveled I thought the main quests were side quests...

 
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,312
6,052
For anyone who's going to play the remaster at some point (even if it's not until the expansion comes out) you should watch someone stream it on Twitch for 90 minutes. The current rewards are a set of horse equipment that some crazy person decided should be the best in the game.
 
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
11,714
2,681
For anyone who's going to play the remaster at some point (even if it's not until the expansion comes out) you should watch someone stream it on Twitch for 90 minutes. The current rewards are a set of horse equipment that some crazy person decided should be the best in the game.
I'm guessing you can just cheat that in regardless but I guess I'll leave a stream running in the background.