Wizardry Online

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Do a 24 hr google search for wizardry online beta keys and you'll find some posted. That's what I did. Honestly I need to give it some more playtime but the game just feels bad from the get go. Dated and clumsy. Worse than eq at launch.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Need more details!
Just to start with there's like 15 min of (poor graphic at that) cutscenes before you can even start doing ANYTHING - and of course unskippable. Combat involves the most button mashing I've seen in an MMO to date for the one's I've tried. The "perma death" really doesn't seem like it will ever be a common occurrence since there's so many means to avoid it.

It's just bad on the fundamentals - even not touching on graphics and such that feel like an even worse engine than EQ1. (Seriously, 7970 DD and an i5 shouldn't get any stutter on something that looks that bad on 1080p)

This is now available <F2P> on Steam. Not sure if it has any potential, but there it is...
Just tried this out for some 'research'.

The intro movie with metal and carnage does not match the actual game at all. The gameplay reminds me of a clunky action rpg with bad quality final fantasy characters running around. Absolutely nothing like wizardry at all except in the name.

You watch the intro and you expect to do some fighting and shit, but instead when the game starts you have to sit through slow dialogs and in-game cut scenes followed by running errands and talking to people around town. Eventually you get into some sort of tutorial solo dungeon that is about 5 minutes log with 5 enemies. After that you have to run all over the fucking place to get to your next quest thing. I stopped at this point as every 15ft I got interrupted with some sort of boring cut scene trying to teach me how to play the game.

Pretty terrible, my recommendation is don't even waste your time.

p.s. if you still want to play it, when you run the game it will sit there and say 'connect' for about 10 minutes before it actually connects and displays the world servers. I'm serious.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess this is not available in EU yet.
Download it from the official website, it has an EU server.

The game is not as bad as it sounds. I'm having a hell of a time enjoying the non-instanced dungeon crawling experience.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
The combat felt very awkward to me, I saw the option for controller yet no way to map macros or hotkeys to it.

Using the keyboard my character felt very stiff and unresponsive, and even though there was alot of players online I never saw them in the dungeons with me.

Kinda like TERA but with even more "Channels" per dungeon to detract from the PVP element which was the only thing that had me interested in this title to begin with.

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
Tried it yesterday and if this game was launched in 2005, it would not even live up to the standards of that time ...
I honestely have nothing positive to say about the game.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried it. It's garbage.

Why?
- Graphics
- Controls
- Gameplay

Some dude, named Zero, is the only adventurer with BLUE armor. The game makes it a point to tell you this. I stopped after that.

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Cant hang so says bad
Confirmed.

Once you get past the tutorial garbage, (Do you REALLY want it to be like EQ1 where you were dropped into things not knowing anything?) It's actually interesting and challenging, and a change of pace from ezmode games. The Perma Death aspect is there, but its really for those that aren't prepared for it beyond Soul Rank 1.

Even though this is "hardcore" (for today's times) WO still handholds you a bit (you will die, likely, regardless) until Soul Rank 2-3.

Hint. you can hit esc to skip the cutscenes.

I had my first "LOLIRL" moment when an executioner type mob decapitated me into 2 body parts. My first moment of "Hey, this is a dungeon, whoa!" was in the 2nd real dungeon that opens up to you.

@Fattyfat ZOMG you have to zone to do your first dungeon!! Oh lord, you have to run more than 2 feet to turn in quests! To learn where things are!

This reminds me of EQ1 back in '99. Different controls, subpar (but sufficent, your special attacks actually have proper animations!) graphics. It's quirky but I've grown to enjoy it.

Who here would play games with badass graphics but terrible gameplay over badass gameplay and subpar graphics?

Today's 5 sec attention span twitter culture frustrates me.

Release is release. They have seemingly fixed the "eternal Connect" issue, but are working on the rubberbanding issue once in game. Once that is improved, combat should feel a bit better.