[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Malkav

French Madman
I feel like the people questioning the ten hour missions have yet to actually take a ten hour break from WoD since launch.
Nah, it's just that the time/reward ratio on them is stupid, that's all.

I don't want them to give the same as 10 one-hour long missions, but they could at least give half that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not gonna lie, i was skeptical about the stables.. but the second i realized i could mine and shit while mounted i came.
totally worth it lol

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The OP in this reddit makes the same usual error: Inn.

The Inn might give you some nice gear (subject to random daily), but everyone says they take it for follower hire, which is non-sense. I've finished Talador with 18 followers (out of 20 max), with every profession save mining (which doesn't matter as you're swimming in ore anyways) and two of every monster counter. You literally can't have missing abilities and traits. As for money... at level 3, you get a few missions that reward 100g for 10/20 GR.
Garrison chest is something around 120/day (unsure on the exact values for this one)
It's supposed to be 1 every 10mn, so 144 GR/day total.
If they are too low (red number?) they get no XP I believe.
This has been hotfixed, if the mission is red to them, they still get 10% xp (used to be 0).
The ten hour missions are for people that aren't around a computer for that amount of time, or otherwise can't or don't want to log in. Unless I'm missing something, it makes more sense to send my guys on a 10 hour mission when I'll be on campus all day.
Or, more accurately, for the evening just before you log out for the day.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My first TP WO's came up herbs so I just fed him enough to get me through the day. I've stockpiled flytraps for my daily and I'd rather start selling the rest of the herbs.

I don't even have a plan as to how I'm actually going to use my LW/Bloods. Just sell bloods? Craft and sell upgraded LW shit? Save it all for myself in case I'm stuck with some shit item slots dragging down my ilevel? A crit/ms rolled r3 crafted item is probably BIS over much of the 670 T1 heroic stuff. Anyway, no idea. I have ~100k, do I even care?

I'm not running alts, so it's not like I'll be able to take advantage of the extreme profits early on. A net positive of gold trickling in is fine. Without an army of alts you can craft for yourself, or for profit, but not both.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dropped my Barn, too many people on my server murdering everything that moves. The dickery in Nagrand is real.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Follower mission nonsense continues hard today. I have a single level 100 follower. I now have 6 of 10 missions at level 100 and all of the remaining are generally over 96. I need to go out and recruit some higher level followers so I have a chance at completing some of these.

Do missions actually rot or refresh at an interval?

On the bright side, the Trade Post is churning out GR now. If I am judicious with my GR usage and go chest farming I should be able to right the ship by the weekend.

When I hit level 3 I think I am going to get the Lumber Mill instead of an Inn with the intent of getting Phylarch the Evergreen. The GR potential with him at full speed seems promising. Though it still involves getting trees clicked in the world. I wonder if that in addition to an irregular play schedule would be a reason to build a storehouse. If I could get Trade Post / Mill automated for 2 - 3 days without doing anything I would be able to maximize my GR with only a few check ins during the week.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I built a rank 1 lumber mill but didn't upgrade it at all. It's only worth upgrading if you really want the follower/tree assassin guise, or if you intend to make a serious commitment to mills on your alts' garrisons as well.

Cost is 100 GR, and the first two intro quests give you 150 GR back. Upgrading it costs 300 GR which takes 2 days and 2 hours to get back into the black. Upgrading it again takes 10 days worth of work orders unless you have alts with lumber mills going as well. (It's only 10 days instead of 12.5 because you're only required to place the work order to get credit for the achievement.)

So if you can quickly get to rank 3, it's cool because the follower gives you 30 GR per work order and keeps it competitive with the trading post using materials which otherwise have no value. Trading post is better the rest of the time, but it is a gold sink anytime you can't stuff it with fur WOs.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Being able to turn gold into garrison resources via the tradepost has been very valuable for me. Sink or not. 25g for 30gr is way better than 5 minutes of my time for a few peices of lumber.

Herbs are starting to flood on my server so I'm picking them up at 2x the cost of ore/fur. Which is acceptable for me.

Vorph

Yeah, I consider building a lumber mill to have been a mistake. My alts will all have trading posts, and my main will be tearing down the mill for an inn soon.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah man, I have literally no time to go out into draenor and do stuff like lumber or barn trap, I've got my nose deep in the AH inbetween being perma queued for PVP.

Can't wait to finish my AH vendor at the tradepost so I don't have to leave my garrison.

No regrets

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I ditched my Inn for the trading post. Will probably add Inn once I get to Garrison level 3. I want more GR as soon as possible, so figured the TP was the better route.

GeanOej.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh, spot on with the meme. I should have paid attention to beta. I too have plowed over buildings and regretted spending resources on upgrades.

It'll all be fixed in a week or two anyway.

So I probably posted this before but, garrisons really feel like something that should have been in WoW years ago. Warcraft, base building, duh?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Now we just need the god damn mobile app to manage missions and it will be golden!
If they add this I'll start getting asked why i'm constantly going to the pooper. I already manage my AH in there... missions too mean 45min work-poop sessions.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm already remoting into my home PC from work to do shit at 1 frame per second. Ugh.

Vorph

Yeah man, I have literally no time to go out into draenor and do stuff like lumber or barn trap, I've got my nose deep in the AH inbetween being perma queued for PVP.

Can't wait to finish my AH vendor at the tradepost so I don't have to leave my garrison.

No regrets
Heh, pretty much total opposite here. I think MMO PVP is the worst thing ever, and I would sooner uninstall the game forever than turn it into a simulation of [hilariously-broken] economics.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being able to turn gold into garrison resources via the tradepost has been very valuable for me. Sink or not. 25g for 30gr is way better than 5 minutes of my time for a few peices of lumber.
This was my reasoning for going with the Trading post over the lumber mill. You get the exact same GR yield by paying gold instead of cutting down lumber, seemed like a no-brainer. So far GR hasn't been an issue.

Also whoever suggested handynotes - thanks that addon is great.

As for followers, based on what others have been saying here, I've been leveling them somewhat equally. What I mean is if my highest follower is 96, I won't run them for a few mission and run some of the lower ones only. It's been working for me and all the followers (at this point) are within a few levels of each other.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Same here, I can move around my garrison relatively ok (can't mine, but I can pick up work orders).
What are you guys using for remote access? I use Teamviewer currently and it is acceptable for managing missions. However, anything that involves the mouse movement for view screws it all up so I am chained to the table in my garrison.