[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I hit level 100 on all 25 of my active followers recently, and suddely I'm only getting like 3-4 missions per day now, all level 100+ missions. All of the level 90-99 missions just completely stopped appearing, which really sucks since I still need a ton of exp to bump all my 100 followers to epic quality.

Going to have to swap out one of the 100's for a level 99 guy and just never level him, so that I get more than a few missions a day, at least until everyone's epic and exp no longer matters.

Malkav

French Madman
FUCK.

Used my retraining certificate on a follower that just dinged epic, he had 2 abilities I had already multiple of, and fast learner which was useless now that he is epic.

Replaced fast learner with orc slaying, which is good because I didn't have one.....but rerolled the EXACT TWO FUCKING SAME ABILITIES!

I'm pissed...

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
I highly recommend the addon "MasterPlan" for managing garrison missions. I'm at 25/25 with 21 100s and it makes it so much easier and less time consuming.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
All of the level 90-99 missions just completely stopped appearing, which really sucks since I still need a ton of exp to bump all my 100 followers to epic quality.
Given that getting the update to rare is equal to 10 times the 99-100 xp, and to epic twice that, lower level missions are kind of the worst XP/GR ratio imaginable. A 99 mission will have like +1200 bonus XP where a level 100 mission that cost 5 more GR will have +10k.

The getting only 4-5 missions sound weird though. It looks like some of the hotfixing went bad and rather than picking missions only from the a single pool, it picks missions then remove them because you no longer have followers in that range.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The getting only 4-5 missions sound weird though. It looks like some of the hotfixing went bad and rather than picking missions only from the a single pool, it picks missions then remove them because you no longer have followers in that range.
Something like that is definitely happening. I went a full day with maybe 5 missions the entire day. Once I deactivated a level 100 guy and reactivated a level 97 follower, I had 3-5 missions pop up within the hour, and they've been steadily coming in since.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was just going to mention this as well. My alt has 20 followers between 95-99. Now that they are all in the same 'tier' I seem to be getting missions more slowly. Only have of my dudes are active at any given time. It is really annoying as I was determined to level them 'right' this time and keep them all near each other.

Also, second days numbers of Salvage are in. Both L2 and L3 seem to be stabalizing around 40% reward rate.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
A quick check on counters needed on rare missions that reward "useful stuff" (i.e. legendary stones, epic items, raid loot) from wowhead.

Deadly Minions: 35
Timed Battle: 32
Wild Aggro: 29
Massive Strike: 29
Danger Zone: 29
Powerful Spell: 28
Group Damage: 26
Minion Swarms: 20
Magic Debuff: 16

That list should be useful in helping to determine what followers should be more important to gear than others, and which one might be a candidate for rerolling if you get a reroll mission. Note that the really important missions (legendary stones/highmaul raids) all require 6 counters with 3 followers allowed, so you'll need the right mix of epic followers to maximize your chances (and yes, a Timed Battle/Deadly Minion follower is probably the best follower you're ever going to get). All raid missions have wildly different mixes (depending on which highmaul boss is present), so you're probably never going to have every mission at 100%. Mission Planner is your best friend (that and a level 3 barracks for 24 max level followers and one token mascot with Magic Debuff)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did they change something with the mine? I mined it a few hours before daily reset last night, and then my DK's rank 3 was completely empty the first time I logged in today. Basically the same thing I've done every other day, and it's never happened before.

Not that I give a fuck about the now-worthless ore, but I still like playing the 665 epic lottery when opening mine carts.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Did they change something with the mine? I mined it a few hours before daily reset last night, and then my DK's rank 3 was completely empty the first time I logged in today. Basically the same thing I've done every other day, and it's never happened before.

Not that I give a fuck about the now-worthless ore, but I still like playing the 665 epic lottery when opening mine carts.
I'm still not quite 400 DO for the achieve to unlock t3 mine. ;(

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I notice that some days i have mining carts out the ass, others I have 0 (never have a follower assigned).

Vorph

You get 665's from mine carts? Wtf.
With about the same frequency as hitting the jackpot on a scratch-off lottery ticket...yes.
biggrin.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I tell ya, those Stables missions are boring to do every fucking day, but its convenient to bang out a bunch on the same target for a daily. Each mount's daily gives 20 GR until the last mission, which is 50 I think.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I tell ya, those Stables missions are boring to do every fucking day, but its convenient to bang out a bunch on the same target for a daily. Each mount's daily gives 20 GR until the last mission, which is 50 I think.
The stable dailies were a nice surprise (yeah, they're a chore to do). I built stables for the mount perks but the extra +120 GR per day is a nice bonus. Hopefully they don't dry up when all the mounts are fully trained.

Malkav

French Madman
They really need to fix the mission thing when you're full of lvl100...

Only done like 6 missions since yesterday, and two of them were Night Watch runs (the lvl90 30min one that gives 200xp...I dunno why this shit still pops in my queue).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What the fuck is up with the Dwarven Bunker \ War Mill? I'd say nearly 90% of the time it gives 1 Iron Horde Scraps for the 20GR workorder and the other 10% it might give a pretty crappy weapon / armor boost for a follower. I'm easily getting more out of the Salvage Yard and thats with the Salvage being a side benefit to normal missions.

Vorph

Same, I have gotten a grand total of three +3 ilvl upgrades out of it in like 3.5 days. If I don't get something decent out of that shit in the next day or so, I'm chalking it up as a 1200+ GR fuck up and building a goddamn stables. My alts are knocking down their rank 1 bunkers the moment they complete the proving grounds quest too.

Follower ilvl is very quickly killing the fun of missions. On top of the bunker fiasco, I haven't seen an item upgrade mission yet this week nor have I gotten anything but +3 greens out of salvage boxes. I was making steady progress before this, but slamming into a wall for 3-4 days is getting really old fast. Not to mention that the mission selection algorithm is still pants-on-head retarded.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm sitting at about 50% overall chance of getting an item upgrade out of the bunker, after having it at level 2 since launch day. The bad half of that luck really feels shitty though.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Definitely want to keep your salvage yard at 2. While my warlock gets more crates with his lvl 3, i get much less follower upgrades than my DK at 2