[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Argarth

On the verandah
Question about leveling followers on Alts:

I've got four characters at 94, all with garrisons, and still haven't decided on a main. I'm wondering about leveling followers on the eventual "Alts" that will just sit there collecting ore etc. and running work orders.

Can I keep doing follower missions on the Alts, collecting player gear, and level them way past the character to which they are attached? Will there be a problem down the track, for example, if the Bodyguard follower is way over the character level if/when I decide to play one of the Alts again to cap?

Thanks in advance.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The only issue, if you could even call it that, on my parked alts is that I didn't keep any followers low level. I stopped getting the lower level missions that give me leveling gear. I'll have a full set of 615+ gear when/if I ever get to 100 but I'll have to rely on quest gear for leveling. I wouldn't even call that a problem though as by the time I do get around to leveling these guys they'll have 630 crafted weapons and full rested so it will be almost too quick anyways. All this is easily remedied with an inn providing a steady diet of lvl90 followers.

I haven't noticed any problems with high lvl bodyguards. I think their bodyguard stats work like pets and are completely divorced from their follower stats.

Argarth

On the verandah
The only issue, if you could even call it that, on my parked alts is that I didn't keep any followers low level. I stopped getting the lower level missions that give me leveling gear. I'll have a full set of 615+ gear when/if I ever get to 100 but I'll have to rely on quest gear for leveling. I wouldn't even call that a problem though as by the time I do get around to leveling these guys they'll have 630 crafted weapons and full rested so it will be almost too quick anyways. All this is easily remedied with an inn providing a steady diet of lvl90 followers.

I haven't noticed any problems with high lvl bodyguards. I think their bodyguard stats work like pets and are completely divorced from their follower stats.
Thanks a bunch, that answered everything and then some. Much appreciated!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
After the followers get level 100 and if you are a lower level, they just send you on missions to collect loot upgrades for them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Bunker (will take this to rank 3 and experiment with the rumors that work orders actually generate a decent amount of follower gear, as opposed to rank 2 which is 90+% scraps only)
Not sure about rumors, as I've cautiously put only 4 orders ever at level 3 (and never before). I got 2 gear improves out of those 2, so either the luck gods have been feeling generous, or the bunker is really totally useless before 3.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I just started looking at my followers a little more closely last week. A was willy-nilly upgrading anyone/everyones gear as they hit 100 then I started to notice that literally all of my followers suck so much ass. I saw on these forums people were getting these traits, scavenger/dancer/mount whatever. Literally all of mine have stupid worthless traits that will take me longer to fix than it will to gear myself through the expansion.

Edit

And most of them are green quality
I've been playing a bit last night with a test 615 mission, spare tokens, and figured out the following important fact:

An ilvl 616 follower without a counter to the mission appears to give BETTER odds than an ilvl 603 one with the required counter (the 616 follower didn't had any relevant boni, she had prof/mount/xp gain).

My advice: gear at least 3 epic (doesn't matter which ones) asap to 616 (before going 631), then worry about the rest. Improve armor to 633+ on one, weapon on the second, and one or the other on the third. Keep the full weapon or armor 615 sets you get for the other followers. When you get a 630 weapon or armor, use it on the missing slot to raise the guys/gals from 616 to 631 by filling the unimproved slot.

(If you don't have 3 epics because the random gods decided you were worthy of being screwed, start gearing your highest blue)

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure about rumors, as I've cautiously put only 4 orders ever at level 3 (and never before). I got 2 gear improves out of those 2, so either the luck gods have been feeling generous, or the bunker is really totally useless before 3.
I got my DK to 100 before swapping over to Pally so I have been banking tons (relatively). Pretty much full garrison level 3 buildings for the ones that I care about. Also have around 4 - 5 scavengers. I started dumping GR into my bunker yesterday. Three orders completed last night, got scraps and one green weapon upgrade. I will see how it turns out.

I more appreciate this alt now because I like the transmog gear and this gives me a way to get it for my main, at least the pieces that do not require the 'extra' armor piece. Who knows, maybe those can drop as well. Regardless, this will cut down the armor scraps I need on my main considerably and I can just focus on the difficult pieces.

Also, I tried out Splashtop for mission management, etc. yesterday because I got bored. A world of difference was made. I can now manage missions from my phone better than I could using Teamviewer from a desktop. I can also mine / roam my garrison, maybe even do light playing (apexis daily) from the desktop app. Definitely recommended.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Really liking the gladiator sanctum a lot. The work orders from it are pretty valuable for pvpers looking for supplemental honor/conquest points

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been looking for the Petrified Ancient for the Lumber Mill lvl 3 quest FOREVER. I saw one once when I was leveling but now I can't find the fucker. How rare is the stupid thing?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I had trouble finding the ancient too until i took the southernmost flight path in nagrand on the beach. Saw one as soon as i went into the woods right north of it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Really liking the gladiator sanctum a lot. The work orders from it are pretty valuable for pvpers looking for supplemental honor/conquest points
Used the gladiator building on my mage to quickly build honor and gear, got quite a few of my 620 honor gear from there including the staff, even though there's stretches where I got a lot of duplicates (4 out of 5 pickups were the pants at one point), but built enough honor over the time I was leveling the priest to buy the rest of the pieces I needed.
On my priest it's been a different story, all I've gotten is like 8 pieces of 600 gear, no 620 yet, been wondering if they stealth nerfed the building to only give out 600 now.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You can reorganize where your garrison buildings are located without cost/time. At the drafting table you can freely swap buildings of the same size that are already built. Just drag and drop and the buildings auto switch.

My alts now have the same layout so it's much easier to run right to the salvage yard and less chance of wondering why the fuck my boxes aren't opening as I'm standing in my engineering hut.

This might be common knowledge but I just figured this out by accident and it made me happy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That also works if you need to get Millhouse to spawn in the Inn to finish his quest. Just move it to a new plot and he'll be there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know what that means, but it sounds like it takes about 14:59 seconds longer than my method!
wink.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question about leveling followers on Alts:

I've got four characters at 94, all with garrisons, and still haven't decided on a main. I'm wondering about leveling followers on the eventual "Alts" that will just sit there collecting ore etc. and running work orders.

Can I keep doing follower missions on the Alts, collecting player gear, and level them way past the character to which they are attached? Will there be a problem down the track, for example, if the Bodyguard follower is way over the character level if/when I decide to play one of the Alts again to cap?

Thanks in advance.
that seems to be the case my warrior alt I am keeping in sync with some friends who don't play as much is currently 95 and half of their followers are 100 and the other half are in the 98+ range.

Oh and for body guards their level always equals yours when you are actually out in the field fighting. Like my level 96 follower is level 100 when grouped with my main character.