Wonder Woman (2017)

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
ww or bvs, which was better action?

BvS. There's some terrible shit in BvS, (The desert dream scene) but I liked the warehouse beatdown and the Bats vs Supes fight had its moments. BvS is marred by how stupid the script is but for actual action I'd put it way above WW. I really doubt I'll remember anything about the WW action scenes by this time next week. I still remember some of the BvS scenes so that has to mean something.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My big problem with it is that Gal Gadot is gorgeous but not physically imposing. I always liked Wonder Woman in the Justice League cartoons and that formed most of my opinion of how she should be cast. I was hoping for a woman who was at least as physical as Linda Hamilton was in Terminator 2. Maybe there's just a dearth of actresses who can/try to be that physical. I think I'm in the minority with this assessment.

There is a lack of appropriate cannidates, especially who can act worth a shit and usually they are on the old side or in career freefall. Eva Green, Lucy Lawless (in her prime), Jessica Biel, or hell I will even toss Noomi Rapeface in there. Gadot is pretty much just eye candy, but miscast eye candy in this. Wonder Woman should be a six foot tall ripped goddess who kicks peoples faces in. Instead we got bitch needs a cheeseburger spy girl version that only existed in the brief powerless WW period in the comics. Having said that, the fighting scenes in BvS were well designed for the character, its just not something one imagines jewish pretzel girl doing, vs a centuries old trained warrior of physical peak perfection. Have not seen the movie yet (going tonight), but from BvS, the version of WW in Injustice 2 (video game) is what was needed, but instead we are getting Galdot James Bond WW, by all accounts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
just be glad they didn't cast melissa mccarthy or leslie jones as wonder woman

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
There is a lack of appropriate cannidates, especially who can act worth a shit and usually they are on the old side or in career freefall. Eva Green, Lucy Lawless (in her prime), Jessica Biel, or hell I will even toss Noomi Rapeface in there. Gadot is pretty much just eye candy, but miscast eye candy in this. Wonder Woman should be a six foot tall ripped goddess who kicks peoples faces in. Instead we got bitch needs a cheeseburger spy girl version that only existed in the brief powerless WW period in the comics. Having said that, the fighting scenes in BvS were well designed for the character, its just not something one imagines jewish pretzel girl doing, vs a centuries old trained warrior of physical peak perfection. Have not seen the movie yet (going tonight), but from BvS, the version of WW in Injustice 2 (video game) is what was needed, but instead we are getting Galdot James Bond WW, by all accounts.

Well said.

It could have been much, much worse. It was good enough for a comic book movie. I still lament not having a no shit bad ass female protagonist available to cast. Jessica Biel was what I was thinking of too, actually. Six feet tall, built like a rower, and at least as good an actress as Gal Gadot (I saw Easy Virtue, she was good enough). Wonder Woman isn't a complex role any more than Superman is, and as archetypes go 'heroic' isn't super hard to pull off if you already look the part.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe Biel is going to be in a Marvel movie, so she couldn't be Wonder Woman? We can dream, at least.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Maybe Biel is going to be in a Marvel movie, so she couldn't be Wonder Woman? We can dream, at least.

It's hard to believe it's been this long but she actually turned the role down 10 years ago when WB had one of it's earlier Justice League efforts in pre-production.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Is there an after or mid credits scene? I'm in the theater now and don't wanna waste my time watching credits if not.

No mid credits scene. Fuck sticking around through all this for some post full credits scene.

edit: Ok I didn't stick around til the end to see if there was an after credits scene.

review:
I'll echo previous statements and place this squarely in the middle of Tier 2 Marvel films. It's Doctor Strange tier quality.

Story follows Captain America: The First Avenger pretty closely, which is great actually, the best way to tell the origin of a character like this, "out of time" so to speak. It's not as clean as Cap 1 though (or any marvel film) but it's not exactly DC -level grimdark either. I wanna say it's a more Mature? version of Cap 1? er, well. Let's just call it a Grittier version of Cap 1.

I'll go ahead and call it right now. The media and such are certainly fawning over this since it's the first female led comic book film, but I'll give it til the end of the weekend before the feminazi's and SJWs are ripping this film apart and crying for safe spaces and boycotts. I mean they already don't like that it stars Gal Gadot, skinny, beautiful JEW occupier of holy palestine....but i'm sure they've been holding their tongue for this masterpiece of Patriarchy destroying Feminism and boy do they not get that at all here. There's really not even any "Girl Power" moments in this film. She's a bad ass of course, she's fucking Wonder Woman what do you expect. The closest thing to anything is she enter's a war room conference in London and the men are like "Whats a woman doing in here?" but she doesn't even stand on that point, she just calls them all pussies for letting soldiers die and leaves.

Unlike some of you fags i've never had a problem with Gadot's casting. I don't want some roided out bitch playing the role. Gadot has definitely entered top 5, potentially even top 3 All time of "women I want to put my penis in". She's behind late 90s Selma Hayek and early 2000 Jessica Alba, but not by much.

Like many of you one of my hesitations with the film was the bad guys being Germans, but it being WW1. Feared some retcon proto-nazi shit. That fear was misplaced. Again this isn't some SJW revisionism at all. Movie could of easily had her siding with Germany and the brit's being the bad guy, it doesn't matter at all. War is the great evil that the film focuses on, and everyone sucks in war.

edit2: Also, not saying it's hugh Jackman/wolverine or RDJ/Ironman level casting here, but in my mind she is fucking wonder woman. Her acting isn't terrible, it's actually rather decent. keep in mind, she's portraying ultra-naive first contact with humanity innocent wonder woman who's only knowledge of the world of men is the fairy tales the amazon's teach her, and the story is her learning the hard way it isn't all fairy tales. Very reminiscent of Sophie Turner/Sansha Stark season 1 Game of Thrones naivety. You may have hated her and hated the fucking character, but she fucking nailed it.

also
the reference to interstellar fits really well. Power of Love compels you...I agree that was a weak way to end it but whatev...it's DC I don't expect much

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Let's take a pause from debating Gal's bonafides for the role by way of paying a little homage to the glory of the original, live action article.

2c12bddb51c6551a47bb5e33bba7f4f1.jpg

lynda-carter-net-worth1.jpg

4a4d284228254f8021c21548ea223b8a.jpg

lynda-carter-wonder-woman-image.jpg

604614LyndaCarterWonderWoman4.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
dc RUSH the shit out of this movie. cgi tho top marks. Story /sadpanda.

this is a 5/10

would have been a 7/10 but no nothing at the end after watching all those lame as credits fuck that shit!

Royal

2 pts on a 10 pt scale seems like a hell of a dock for the lack of a post-credit scene.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
All this talk about Jessica Biel caused me to watch the new Total Recall again. It actually was decent. Biel rules.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Gadot is taller than everyone you listed and Wonder woman has been skinny typically until the 80's of 90's when they went overboard bulky up every superhero. Linda Carter was a stick and no one bitched about her

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
All this talk about Jessica Biel caused me to watch the new Total Recall again. It actually was decent. Biel rules.
problem with new total recall was the suspension of disbelief that a man would choose biel over mother fucking Kate Beckinsale. Don't get me wrong biel is nice but not next to her.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
problem with new total recall was the suspension of disbelief that a man would choose biel over mother fucking Kate Beckinsale. Don't get me wrong biel is nice but not next to her.
Amen brother.

Also, I've pimped this app about a dozen times at least for all you people that don't know whether or not to stay for after credits scenes. It is called RunPee, and tells you when you can go pee during a movie. I don't use it for that, but years ago when I searched for an app that would tell me about end credits, that was the first and most convenient one that came up, so I've always had it on my phone. I got up the moment this movie ended and laughed at all the fuckers sitting there waiting for the next 10 minutes, because I knew there were no extra scenes.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was a solid 7.5 out of ten, maybe more. Pine was good and the villian was well thought out, for a change. Ww1 was actually a good choice for setting.. Galdot bulked up but still kind of socks as an actress, so we treaded water from bvs there. Action was good and the SJW soap boxing was pleasantly non existent. Flaws were the overly CGI final fight, beginning dragged a bit, and the Power of Love thing at the end. This is definitely the best executed DC movie so far and I actually like the directors cut version of bvs.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, he had Beckinsale pussy for a few weeks (in his mind, 7 years). So Biel was new pussy. That's why he decided to flip.

• 1Solidarity