WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Wow, now you can go back to play like the first 84 minutes
tongue.png

baerf_sl

shitlord
GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL

Do foreigners think the boisterously loud USA fans are annoying?
Nope - loving the fact that the US are getting behind their team. Would love to see football more of a main stream sport in the US, simply for the possibility of having a Euro / USA Champions League competition.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
FUCK YA!

Now if we want out of this group, Bradley has to step it up. Team is built around him and he was poor tonight.

Fuck it though, great win. FUCK OFF GYAN, FUCK YOU GHANA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
Jesus USA is awful to watch. You would think they wouldn't even bother to turn up.
It looks no different than a typical MLS game to me, which is also terrible to watch. Very short possessions - a couple passes then just pointlessly kick the ball up fields as the defender pressures.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It looks no different than a typical MLS game to me, which is also terrible to watch. Very short possessions - a couple passes then just pointlessly kick the ball up fields as the defender pressures.
Which may be why so many Americans don't really like watching soccer. Myself included. My entire exposure is some MLS games and USA vs Mexico. It just looks like a bunch of disorganized shit going on where they just throw it against the wall and hope the defender royally fucks up so they can get an easy score. Even a sport like the NHL, to me, appears more organized. But I know I'm comparing the NHL -- who has athletes at the peak of their game -- against MLS which is has beens and never weres.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
U

S

A

U

S

A

U

S

A

Time for us Americans to go full obnoxious!

Great vindication for Herr Klinsmann

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, as a relatively new fan of soccer, I have a question.

Soccer has been huge in our youth for at least 10 years (I have an 11 year old who has been playing soccer since he was 3) are we ever going to field a team that gets respect around the globe? Seems like every kid plays soccer for a good while in this country....what happens to them? Move on to "cooler sports"? I just cant figure out why we dont have more really good players by now.
It's the entire institution of sport in the USA. If a kid is relatively good at sports in general, where are they pressured to go? Answer: where the big scholarships are! Football, Basketball, then Baseball. From there, the players go where the money is (see the big 3).

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
Which may be why so many Americans don't really like watching soccer. Myself included. My entire exposure is some MLS games and USA vs Mexico. It just looks like a bunch of disorganized shit going on where they just throw it against the wall and hope the defender royally fucks up so they can get an easy score. Even a sport like the NHL, to me, appears more organized. But I know I'm comparing the NHL -- who has athletes at the peak of their game -- against MLS which is has beens and never weres.
I don't watch much myself, but I get some premier league / champions league on ESPN. There's a world of difference. You can see games packed full of attacks like Ghana put together a few times.