WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
5 minutes of extra time, goal at about 5:07. Yay for clocks that may or may not ever stop

Szlia

Play is usually not stopped during an action and there was a lengthy substitution just as the 5 min stoppage time were called.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just like Messi yesterday, play like some second rate player the entire match, then do one brilliant play in overtime and change everything.

Everything? No, Ghana will still have their hides. The question is whether the US can secure a draw vs Germany. USA effectively eliminated the world player of the year, champions league top scorer and Champions league winner CR7.
yeah...even injuried he did this:
untitled-1jkjbq.gif

To the 'muricans here, you played well, better than us but football can be cruel.
Our team lacks a coach,with huge balls. who don't put the same horrible players (meireles,veloso,pereira,postiga) and put younger players who can give something (william carvalho for example)
and ronaldo should have played as a striker.ffs scored more goals than any other player,can't move very well and still they want him to take control of the game?our coach is the worst.
still we are fucked.just a dram between US and germany and it's done for us and gana (which deserved to win yesterday)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Glad to see the prevent defense sucks as much dick in soccer as it does in football.
Here's the problem though in that Portugal was playing everybody except the keeper all the way up. You really have no choice but to play everyone back.

Szlia

That William fellow that entered mid game was very good and cool as a cucumber. Maybe a little too cool for comfort even!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That William fellow that entered mid game was very good and cool as a cucumber. Maybe a little too cool for comfort even!
even you can see that,only our coach can't see shit.
he plays at Sporting CP and was considered one of the best players of 13/14 in Portugal. but still, meireles and veloso lol

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given that I think Germany will win vs. US, and Ghana will win vs. Portugal, what would the scores have to be to allow the US to move on to the next round?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully Ghana 1-0, and USA something like 3-2. We're +1, Ghana are -1 so that puts both at 0. Usa would have scored 6 while Ghana only score 4 so we'd go through on goals scored I think?!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully Ghana 1-0, and USA something like 3-2. We're +1, Ghana are -1 so that puts both at 0. Usa would have scored 6 while Ghana only score 4 so we'd go through on goals scored I think?!
Damn, I think we're in a really bad spot then. =/

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. Ghana are miles better than Portugal, and there is no way in hell Germany will be content with a draw. That give away by Bradley in the middle of the pitch with 30 fucking seconds left is inexcusable. The more I think about it, the more fucked off I get. Ideally, Portugal scores early and Ghana has to chase the game leading to a draw between them. Don't see the USMNT getting anything off Germany. Pretty clear that through 2 games, Portugal is the worst team in this group so its tough to see them getting something off Ghana, who was fantastic yesterday.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agreed. Ghana are miles better than Portugal, and there is no way in hell Germany will be content with a draw. That give away by Bradley in the middle of the pitch with 30 fucking seconds left is inexcusable. The more I think about it, the more fucked off I get. .
yeah man

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
That give away by Bradley in the middle of the pitch with 30 fucking seconds left is inexcusable.
I said so too right after the game. But having cooled off, where was the rest of the team behind him? It looked like they were racing to catch up instead of having a calm, deep, solid back line with 30 seconds to go.

Szlia

It's funny that Eder who played very very poorly the whole match (except maybe this spectacular attempt at an instant volley) is the one with the key steal in the end!

Well... funny may not be the right word there. Let's say it's one of these strange ironies that soccer often delivers.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The goal at the end was inexcusable coming from a cross like that since we brought on another Center Back. I'm eating my words a bit since Jones scored and I said at half time he had no offensive abilities (considering that was his first goal in 2 years I think I can be forgiven) but you can't put on a 3rd CB and then give away a headed goal. Great comeback, great overall play aided by some luck and Nani being total shit, just a bad goal to let in.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It was bad. Cameron lost his man (and he was the only fucking guy in the box!).

That entire sequence could come back to kill the team, and its a shame. They've done well this World Cup and have been really enjoyable to watch. Hoping Portugal have a draw in them... Muntari is out of that match and he's been great for Ghana.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That sucked. USA Soccer just fucking hurts to watch, like literally I feel hurt at the moment.