WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What does that have to do with the Superbowl and who watches it in the UK? Why are you arguing with a UK resident about the status of NFL here?

The only people that watch the Superbowl are students and people that don't have work the next day.

You do know that the capacity of Wembley is 90k and according to your own link, the NFL games have got around 82-83k? Sell out? How about you learn to read first?

That article also says that the games aren't even broadcast in all parts of the USA, which probably implies they're irrelevant and meaningless to the regular season.

According to these two threads2013 UK TV Ratings - NFL UK ForumsWWE UK viewing figures - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling ForumsWWE pulls in bigger audiences than the NFL.

I'm not going to debate this further with someone of no knowledge of the situation. NFL will never ever be front page news in this Country and it will never displace football from the sports pages.

I asked this earlier, but I really don't know why Americans feel so threatened by the WC that they have to come here and try and declare the dominance.
Holy shit dude calm down. You quoted me talking about how they might add an NFL team to England and I was showing there was more interest than the Superbowl lol. No one's coming here to declare dominance. I even opted to END THE DISCUSSION in this thread by asking people the PM me and you eurotrash wanted to continue it. Don't blame someone else for your mistakes.

No one wants NFL to displace football in your country or even be on the front pages. NFL is American and being American is fucking awesome. That's really all that matters to people in America.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not going to debate this further with someone of no knowledge of the situation. NFL will never ever be front page news in this Country and it will never displace football from the sports pages.

I asked this earlier, but I really don't know why Americans feel so threatened by the WC that they have to come here and try and declare the dominance.
Nobody fucking said that. We don't give a flying fuck if you like Football or not. We don't need your approval of our sport. The main argument has been if you would have payed attention that every 4 years americans get Soccer shoved down their throats with bullshit articles about how it's taking off and shit. You apparently need OUR approval of Soccer and we simply don't give a fuck except for a month every 4 years.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Ossoi doesn't represent all of us from the UK by the way.

I find NFL pretty awesome and their Wembley games always sell out within hours of going on sale. There is certainly a growing popularity of American football in the UK hence why a London franchise is being heavily considered.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hate to be another American arguing sports in a football thread but I was discussing this last year and objectively I think Hockey is objectively the most exciting sport. Maybe it's just cause I grew up in the metro Detroit area... But Hockey has the constant action that soccer does, the physicality of football and has the same finesse of 'ball' handling that soccer/basketball have.

That being said I don't even follow Hockey. I only follow combat sports.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ossoi doesn't represent all of us from the UK by the way.

I find NFL pretty awesome and their Wembley games always sell out within hours of going on sale. There is certainly a growing popularity of American football in the UK hence why a London franchise is being heavily considered.
I hate the idea of a NFL team in the UK. The travel schedule would be a nightmare. As much as I would love an EPL team in the U.S this also would be a logistic clusterfuck. I know FIFA would love to tap into that Murican money but I just don't see that happening when the talent her is subpar or we get celebrity players doing a victory lap.

Why hasn't FIFA clamped down on flopping? They could easily review matches after the fact and put a stiff penalty on players like 10 games for obvious shit which there is planty of. I'm not even talking subjective stuff, just down right blatant. I can somewhat understand why the NHL doesn't cut down on fighting because a lot of people like it. FLopping though I thought was universally despised.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I don't understand hockey at all but love watching it. I only know what icing is from playing hockey on my Sega way back.

Rather than arguing over which football is better, we should all agree that watching golf is the most boring thing ever and you'd only ever have it on to try to impress your lawyer father in law

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand hockey at all but love watching it. I only know what icing is from playing hockey on my Sega way back.

Rather than arguing over which football is better, we should all agree that watching golf is the most boring thing ever and you'd only ever have it on to try to impress your lawyer father in law
Golf is great when you go to your in laws house, eat 2000 calories and want to take a nap by watching nature and listening to relaxing announcers.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dolphins, I was going to type out the other 31 teams to perpetuate the joke but I'm just too lazy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This has nothing to do with a judgement of the sport and everything to do with equipment costs and the British bringing soccer with them everywhere they went in the colonial days.
How do you explain South America, the rest of Europe and the other half of Africa playing to insane levels and India not playing as much?

That has nothing to do with the lack of popularity of Football outside the U.S. It has everything to do with economics. Any broke ass mulignan can kick a ball around and play soccer to some degree. You need a fuck ton of money to pick up Football.
That is part of Football's appeal, we used a plastic bottle filled with dirt and our schoolbags, but you can't tell me that everyonewatchingAmerican Football has the full body armor and padded buttock cushions in their closet?

Don't look now but they might be adding an NFL team to England soon.
Where are they getting the players from, sounds like they will be shipping Americans over for a gimmick? I come from a Rugby town and I just don't see that type of person going for a slow paced, less tough game.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Question from a 3 year fan: how do they generate the heat maps and know how much each player has traveled down to the nearest 0.01 km?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where are they getting the players from, sounds like they will be shipping Americans over for a gimmick? I come from a Rugby town and I just don't see that type of person going for a slow paced, less tough game.
Football with friends doesn't require an entire set of pads and helmet. If you're a child playing with your other children aged friends you're just throwing the ball around or playing 2h-touch.

Less tough, gr8 b8.

This has me interested in MLS. I've lived a few blocks from Rio Tinto stadium for a couple years now and never bothered checking out the games.
You really should check out Rio Tinto. It has really good atmosphere, we have super loyal fans, south end is for the super fans who will sing the entire match, shit like that. Architecture is great to boot. Where is it you live by chance? General vicinity wise. I'm on 90th South and 7th West, so like a hop skip and jump away as well. Love driving by the stadium. My neighbor is actually Abdoulie Mansally (bench player for RSL)

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Question from a 3 year fan: how do they generate the heat maps and know how much each player has traveled down to the nearest 0.01 km?
By modern technology and manpower.
Example for passes / completed passes: During each match there are a bunch of students packed together in a room pressing buttons each time a player touches the ball, attempts a pass, completes a pass and shot on goal etc.

Since the pitch is completely scanned with like a dozen cams, calculating distances and such seems not so difficult. Furthermore the complete statistic sets for each team are sold for quite some profit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How do you explain South America, the rest of Europe and the other half of Africa playing to insane levels and India not playing as much?

That is part of Football's appeal, we used a plastic bottle filled with dirt and our schoolbags, but you can't tell me that everyonewatchingAmerican Football has the full body armor and padded buttock cushions in their closet?

It's got nothing to do with it being appealing. You can play soccer anywhere with just about everything. That is why it's easy for it to be played in poor countries and why all the top athletes play it.

Of course they will be shipping americans over to play for a team in England. You fuckers fail at soccer, how you gonna play a game you don't even like.