WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't really blame Argentina too much when they are basically playing against 11 players behind the ball.
But that's what Messi and the other top players are already used to from their leagues. It's hardly acceptable to fail so hard to break through an even worse defense.

and as said, Iran is not just defending. They had a few chances.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Iran has been closer to scoring than Argentina but I'm afraid that Argentina will win on a late ugly-ass goal

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Iran has been closer to scoring than Argentina but I'm afraid that Argentina will win on a late ugly-ass goal
Yup, and that will be really harsh on Iran. Really impressive display this 2nd half.

Gago is one of the worst players I've seen this past 2 weeks, just terrible. Higuain has been awful as well.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Messi may not work with the team, but he can still score on his own. Just shouldn't take this long if he wants to make it far in this tournament.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it is. Gate 13 reference.

Holy shit, what a header from Dejagah!
yeah....i knew it had to be gate 13 Panathinaikos
wink.png

argentina didn't deserved this.bastards
oh the referee helped a bit too

Szlia

Such a cruel sport.

Iran was really brilliant at times. Yes brilliant, because they managed to be very dangerous, several times, by playing very simply. Not very lucky that none of those opportunities resulted in a goal or that the referee did not give a penalty on the tackle in the box on Dejagah that was 0% ball 100% player.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
To be champions, you not only have to have skill but also luck on your side. Knowing how to win even when not playing well is also important. Maybe this is Argentina's year.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To be champions, you not only have to have skill but also luckand the refereeon your side. Knowing how to win even when not playing well is also important. Maybe this is Argentina's year.
FIFY
plus,playing like this, they wont last much longer