World of Darkness

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Werewolf was really popular back in the day so I'm surprised they aren't going have them in there at least at launch. Werewolf's will have to be the first one they add after they finish with the Vampires.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Trying to squish Mage into an MMO would be disappointing no matter who much time and money you spent on it.
Yeah I guess
frown.png
But even a dumbed down Mage would make a much cooler game. Or maybe I'm just fucking sick to fucking death of fucking vampires.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
But probably the easiest for players to understand and developers to make/code.

Trying to squish Mage into an MMO would be disappointing no matter who much time and money you spent on it.
Well, yeah, free form spellcasting is never going to work in an mmo, but I think they could pull off something reasonably satisfying with a sufficiently comprehensive list of premade spells, especially if they focused on creating spells with non-combat applications.

It's good to see some proof that this game's still going. I still kinda wish they were going to go with the newer version of the world of darkness as the setting, but eh, what're ya going to do?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't like Vampires either, but that didn't stop Bloodlines being an awesome game.
For me I can get into Vampires, but I doubt WoD will do them justice. What attracted me to the White Wolf games were the instances of particularly brutal, no-nonsense non-romanticized characters and settings. Get of Fenris? Check. Gangrel? Check. And there is a grocery list of interesting subsets that you could easily have tear through a bunch of faggot Ventrue in the blink of an eye.

The setting itself screams open world roleplaying and a looser playstyle - but they don't seem to be focusing on that at all.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Not surprised, but I have to say this. Instead of canning the endless money pit that is Dust and focussing on completing a game that fans want, has a loyal fan base and actually has some chance of making CCP some money one day they decide to throw more good money after bad with Dust. Well...

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it was publicly disclosed, was it? I want to say WW was having financial difficulties of their own at the time, so it was a necessity to sell. In the subsequent years I know CCP has shuttered the publishing division and licensed out their IP to Onyx Path, who now do PDF publishing with a number of old WW veterans.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They didn't technically stop, but back in December just before Christmas they laid about 15 people off and restructured the team. It was an early signal that this would probably occur.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I thought they had stopped development on the WoD game before too?
I think so, but we know for sure they laid people off right before Christmas few months ago.

CONFIRMED: Layoffs Hitting CCP Atlanta - World Of Darkness Team Affected - GAMEBREAKER - Video Game News, Videos, Reviews and Community

Poor slobs. They dodged the Xmas knife only to get it in Spring but I'm guessing that by then, those who avoided it could see the writing on the walls and were putting resumes out once they saw there were only 56 of them left.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Pity. Well, if they aren't going to do anything with it, hopefully they'll have the sense to license the IP out to someone else and let them make some games. I certainly wouldn't turn up my nose at someone doing some single-player WoD games in a similar vein to VtM: Bloodlines.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After the Incarna/WIS fiasco in EvE a lot of people i was playing with at that time said this was bound to happen... CCP simply has not enough resources to do 2 MMOs (and 2 completely different ones setting/asset-wise makes it even harder).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Pity. Well, if they aren't going to do anything with it, hopefully they'll have the sense to license the IP out to someone else and let them make some games. I certainly wouldn't turn up my nose at someone doing some single-player WoD games in a similar vein to VtM: Bloodlines.
The IPs are already licensed to Onyx Path to continue making pen and paper games. However, of all the video games licensed by White Wolf over the years, Bloodlines was pretty much the only one to make it to shelves. I remember seeing a Werewolf game back in the day at DragonCon that looked pretty great but never made it out of development.