World of Tanks

Silence_sl

shitlord
Internet tanks are hard.
[yoda]They can be. They can be. [/yoda]

My team got STOMPED by MM. 12 heavies vs 12 heavies on Sacred Valley. A bunch headed east to duke it out. Their entire front line consisted of Excelsior and Churchills, versus a stack of KV-1s and 1s's. I fired THREE back-to-back shots in my KV-1s and we were down 0:12....in the time of THREE shots. Our flankers went down as fast as the brawlers. The only reason the match didn't end in under a minute was because our lone arty was hiding behind the monastery on the hill. Every shot from the east flank bounced. 4 tanks - 0 damage, all firing like mad.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I swear the second I get 197k exp I'm never playing this fucking tank ever again. Fuck. The. 13/90. Going to shoot gold to speed up the process.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Grinding the 197k exp for the AMX30 in the 13 90 is making me want to slit my wrists even more than usual. God, I can't play that thing to save my life. Too reliant on other people unfucking themselves and actually doing things. Like I just had a game on Fjords in my 13/90. Me a T29 and an E75 were on the southern peninsula chokepoint vs 1 enemy E75. I decided I'd just charge his ass down and he would either get me shooting him in the ass or the 2 other dudes would. I drive in, circle behind him, he turns around and fucks me because neither the E75 or the T29 came out. Fucking pussies got killed one by one after that. Internet tanks are hard.
The 13 90 is one of the best tanks in the game. I enjoy it much more than the BC 25t to be honest. Part of that is you are the primary target 100% of the time in the 25t, of course. You have to play EXTREMELY conservatively with the 13 90 though. I find it to be best as a mid-range passive/sniper (long will be 100% misses). Then at the end of the game you play a medium tank with your HP and go assassinate people.

Fair disclosure this is with 3+ skill crew though, so...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At least there's a bonus for it right now. I never could muster enough to get thru the 12t. Started a few times and just had better stuff to play.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
At least there's a bonus for it right now. I never could muster enough to get thru the 12t. Started a few times and just had better stuff to play.
Yea 12t and L40t I FXP past. They are god awful tanks. Actually 40t is OK as a back line tank but not good enough for me to spend the time on it (and gold is easier than credits).

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
The 13 90 is one of the best tanks in the game. I enjoy it much more than the BC 25t to be honest. Part of that is you are the primary target 100% of the time in the 25t, of course. You have to play EXTREMELY conservatively with the 13 90 though. I find it to be best as a mid-range passive/sniper (long will be 100% misses). Then at the end of the game you play a medium tank with your HP and go assassinate people.

Fair disclosure this is with 3+ skill crew though, so...
Not saying its not good but it just doesn't fit my playstyle. American tanks fit it more, aka using terrain to hull-down and taking snap shots. None of which can be done in the french auto-loader tree. That gun's accuracy is just horrendous. I guess I play too aggressively early game and that shit gets me killed. Can't stand sitting in a bush with a thumb up my ass for the first half of the game.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Christ.

Two really good games on my Nashorn, one right after the other.

First was 14:14; me vs a Churchill. We were down by 3, and I managed to bag them Boom Boom Boom. Then...out of nowhere is was just me and this Church. I was well bushed Like Emma Watson, so I got the drop on him. No cover for miles around, so it turned into a brawl. I lost by12HP. We went from utter defeat to certain defeat to maybe defeat to defeat by 12HP. Never give up is a good motto in this game.

Next game, same thing. My team were masses of smoking ruin, and it was me vs a medium of some sort and a KV-85. The medium and I saw each other at the same time. I'm pretty sure our shells passed each other in the air. He went up in a ball of fire, and my loader's brains twinkled like glitter under the pale winter moonlight. No med kits left. The 85 popped around the corner just as I finished reloading (7+secs). We both fired, we both missed. It was another brawl, but then the battlefield settled into a numb, mist-like silence, save for the mournful wailings of the Soviet children I'd just orphaned when I drove over the car their parents were in. We stared at each other; an uneasy calm brokered by the distant howls of a pack of wolves, or perhaps just starving jews. Seconds passed, and I knew his loader was dead. As the clock was set to tick it's last tock, my click rate exceeded the polling rate of my mouse...0.5s left to fire. And that was that. Silence at last. More specifically, Silence's Nashorn was silent except for the bodies of my crew, whose flesh crackled like bacon in a hot pan in the dazzling orange pit of fire that used to carriage the hopes of a Nazi nation.

Both games resulted in a loss, but they were very good games.

Borzak

Yea 12t and L40t I FXP past. They are god awful tanks. Actually 40t is OK as a back line tank but not good enough for me to spend the time on it (and gold is easier than credits).
I have almost 200k in free exp but I really don't want to spend it to get thru it. I'm not really sure I would enjoy the rest of the line. I have the bulldog and it's a fun tank but I'm more of a heavy kind of player. I have a 6 skill crew in my german line. Too bad I don't have that in the American line.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
AMX 13/12t has the same gun as the AMX 13/75, but at a tier lower, so it's actually pretty good for its tier. It's just very sluggish compared to other light tanks. The Lorraine 40t has a great gun, but it's large and has no armor, so you have to hang back at the start of the game to conserve our hp. You have great speed to flank or close in for fast and easy kills once the game opens up.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Is there any point to keeping the T7Car freebie? It's worth 150k sold...and it's not that fun to play.

Also, I have a fully loaded KV-1S with +1 crew. I'm just not that great in it overall. 51% WR after 40 fights and sliding downhill fast. I know about the tricks to deflect shots, but I'm usually giving a beating or taking a severe one with nothing in between. I can barracks the crew, sell the tank and grab a T20 and work towards the Pershing/Pattons. I'm Hannibal Lecter on a pogo stick in my Easy 8, so this seems like an easy progression. I think it's just too slow to outpace tankflation. Not to mention whenever I see a KV-1(S) on any TD or my Easy 8 or Chaffee...I think...easy kill. And it is. Not my style of tank, I guess. It should be reclassified as a medium, since it plays a lot like a slow T-28, but is expected to be near the front lines whereas the T-28 is a big ninja.

I have to narrow down progression because tanks are now taking a shetload of xp to buy and equip. I guess I can rebuy it after I get St. Emil line done to T8. I'm really awesome at American scouts, but they aren't as fun to me to play as American E8's or German paper TD's.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not saying its not good but it just doesn't fit my playstyle. American tanks fit it more, aka using terrain to hull-down and taking snap shots. None of which can be done in the french auto-loader tree. That gun's accuracy is just horrendous. I guess I play too aggressively early game and that shit gets me killed. Can't stand sitting in a bush with a thumb up my ass for the first half of the game.
Every tank has it's playstyle and it's indeed very important that you pick a tank that suits your play style(s). The more you play the better you become at 1) identifying the play style needed for a tank, 2) applying that play style to the game, 3) be able to switch from style to style between back to back games with different tanks.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Sold some crap, got the T20. This thing has the charisma of a felt dildo soaked in pineapple juice. I love the troll barrel depression, though. All my enemies see most of the time is a krazy straw poking out at them.

Borzak

Is there any point to keeping the T7Car freebie? It's worth 150k sold...and it's not that fun to play.
If you keep it and they give it out again you get 750 gold, at least that's what happened this time. I don't even remember getting it last time and my record shows I played it 0 times, got 750 gold instead.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sold some crap, got the T20. This thing has the charisma of a felt dildo soaked in pineapple juice. I love the troll barrel depression, though. All my enemies see most of the time is a krazy straw poking out at them.
The T20 is awesome, I loved that thing, only tank in which I managed a 2nd MoE just grinding through.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've been advancing the Japanese tanks because when I launched WoT the first time and, knowing absolutely nothing, they seemed pretty good. I don't see many people playing them and I don't think the Japanese were known for their tank warfare. I'm fairly close to the tier 5 LT. Am I wasting my time? When I think bad ass WWII tanks, I normally think Germany.

Borzak

The T20 is awesome, I loved that thing, only tank in which I managed a 2nd MoE just grinding through.
Loved it as well, still have it. Out of all the tanks I have and have played in it's the top 5 for win rate out of tanks I have more than bare minimum number of matches like 10 or whatever.

Borzak

I've been advancing the Japanese tanks because when I launched WoT the first time and, knowing absolutely nothing, they seemed pretty good. I don't see many people playing them and I don't think the Japanese were known for their tank warfare. I'm fairly close to the tier 5 LT. Am I wasting my time? When I think bad ass WWII tanks, I normally think Germany.
More people need to play Chinese and Japanese tanks. Been trying to go back and finish my master tanker and I'm like 5 tanks short around tier 3 and all Chinese and Japanese. They didn't even have those countries when I came up thru tier 3 lol.

I'm heavily invested in the German line. I really wouldn't recommend it. Game has changed MASSIVELY over the years. More speed, more autoloaders, more penetration etc...There are some good German tanks but I wouldn't start grinding for them. I've pretty much given up grinding out new lines so maybe someone else can comment.

The top tier German TD is nice, but I believe it's being removed. The other German autoloader TD's are nice I assume. The top tier German mediums are "ok" but they suffer in manavuerability compared to the newer tanks in other countries. The top tier German tanks, don't waste your time. The E-100 has had it's day. It can still be fun and effective, but it's not really what it used to be due to changes in what others are playing against it now, don't even think of going Maus unless you love being killed by arty and flanked to death by lights and mediums.

Tanks are too hit or miss to really invest in one country, pick a tank you want to work toward and have fun along the way. One country will have good mediums at a tier and sucky heavies and a tier or two later they have crappy mediums and excellent heavies or TD's etc...

5x bonus now for the 4 year anniversary, let the retardation begin. I might just skip it and simply log in to get my bonus.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Japanese line is fairly trashy but STA-1 and STB-1 are fantastic in my opinion. The rest have some crippling flaws and the Type 61 is basically a tier nine Indien Panzer- cardboard Rube Goldberg tank held together with a decent gun. It has an Achilles heel on top of the turret so where it could be decent it just gets murdered.

Borzak

I haven't played IS7 in a while. Kind of crappy 4k damage and 1k spotting is a 3rd class medal considering all but 800 of that damage came off of 3 other IS7's
frown.png

Victory!
Battle: Swamp
Vehicle: IS-7
Experience received: 6,095 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 62,754
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "III Class"