World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
hehe most people use max camera distance. Well 75 percent do anyways so that must include casuals as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People use max camera distance in WoW? I keep the camera just far enough back so I see my whole character.
That's not something you can always get away with if you have specific roles in a raid. Especially as a tank where you need to see around the 12 story tall exploding demon boss.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If they're gonna force us to bring the camera in, hopefully they stop making these absurdly large bosses. If you're melee I feel like you should at least be able to see something's trunk without angling the camera perpendicular to the ground.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
But how are you going to see your barbie doll princess makeup parade zoomed all the way out =(

Really though why would you want to see anything other than giant monster nuts as melee?

io5tV15.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something tells me there is some raid bosses in Legion or mechanics that are trivial if you zoom out your camera past what the UI allows and they don't know how to fix it. They always fucking lie about this shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Generally when they present those mechanics they just make a fake invisible roof that fucks up your camera anyways.

It doesn't entirely matter to me as a healer, the default max camera zoom is still pretty large, but it's fucking goofy that after all this time of that existing they're just now deciding to get rid of it.

DavivMcD

Peasant
In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information.
This is one of the more retarded arguments they've come up with in the past few years. So what about multi-monitor displays? Ultra-wide monitors? Hell, according to their logic they should lock everyone to 4:3 since there are still some players out there using it.

They should've stuck with the line of "Shit breaks if you zoom out more than what we designed for" whether it's true or not, it makes way more sense.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they've fallen back on the "bug fix that's been in the queue for months and only just now got addressed" before... and it was just as stupid then as it is now. Like their QA and engineering team have no concept of the impact of their work... I guess I could see it if those teams didn't play WoW, but how about a preemptive post from the design team through the CM team that a big change like this is coming when it's placed in the queue, not when it quietly gets implemented.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can anyone clarify the account wide xmog for me- so far from what I've gathered you can unlock it on any character that 'should' wear an armor piece (so no unlocking non-class cloth on a warrior) or 'could' wear a weapon (so mage can unlock an agi sword) and then you can use it on any item following current rules? Is that about it?

Rime

<Donor>
Can anyone clarify the account wide xmog for me- so far from what I've gathered you can unlock it on any character that 'should' wear an armor piece (so no unlocking non-class cloth on a warrior) or 'could' wear a weapon (so mage can unlock an agi sword) and then you can use it on any item following current rules? Is that about it?
Correct. If you loot a sword on your Shadow Priest, it is garbage. But if you loot the same sword on your mage and add it to the wardrobe, any character that can use a sword can then use that skin on any item that is eligible.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, maybe people knew about this, but after jumping from dalaran to the demon hunter class order hall (it's outside dalaran on a floating island), lag hit from changing zones. After dashing forward it literally catapulted me about a hundred yards because it just wouldn't turn off. Then it wouldnt put my demon wings out because of more lag so I fell to my death literally right next to the demon hunter portal. Well guess what... wisps can't glide to the island and there's no spirit healer in dalaran... they forgot to put one in. I am hoping against all hope they leave that live. I'm going to just sit at Least landing and watch chat erupt

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's not something you can always get away with if you have specific roles in a raid. Especially as a tank where you need to see around the 12 story tall exploding demon boss.
Yes when I am playing solo I generally am zoomed in reasonably closely but in raids you pretty much have to have it cranked back as far as you can tolerate. The raid fights are way to much about avoiding random shit to not have the biggest view for situational awareness possible especially with the aforementioned 12 story tall bosses. Not to mention if you are a melee if your camera is panned in all you are seeing is your face fucking exploding in rapid fire strobe lights of spell effects.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Certain fights almost demand that you be able to zoom all the way out. Huge ass bosses charging halfway across the zone. Zig Zag Fire with random directions. Huge bosses casting abilities that have their queues up at the very top of their frame as the fly around the boss area. Just so many reasons why this is a bad idea to ME > but Im sure it does have some good somewhere.

With the computer I have, I shouldnt ever run into frame rate issues in WoW. I can play BDO on its highest settings at a steady 50 fps inside of Calpheon surrounded by at least 30 NPC's and players, for example. But Ive been in some spots in WoW that will literally make me chunk. The view distance may be a contributing factor? Im leaning more to the fact that the game is old as fuck and the revolving door of the team is causing some issues. The constant changes in the coding for a game this massive and old was bound to eventually start hitting its limitations.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to assume either the next expansion or the one after deals with the lich king again. He makes more than a few appearances in the various artifact intros in legion so he is clearly not forgotten.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I have to assume either the next expansion or the one after deals with the lich king again. He makes more than a few appearances in the various artifact intros in legion so he is clearly not forgotten.
Only this time it's going to be the the Murloc Tide King and Durotan as the new Lich King. The name of the xpac will be Throne of Tides and comes out in 2019.