World of Warcraft: Current Year

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been out of the game since WoD launched, but I feel like giving Legion a spin on a new class. I'm leaning towards playing a healer, since I don't want my limited playtime spent waiting on dungeon queues to pop
wink.png

I'm primarily aiming towards doing 5-man content, but would also like to step into the PvP side of the game. What would be a decent healer for that?
Druid. It is all classes with a few button presses. But you have to hug trees.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So regarding the confluence of ilvl and artifact power and the 'catch up' mechanisms for both, does it seem like it might be easier/better to level an alt for another spec vs. the same character? IE instead of gearing/artifacting dps spec on your tank, just making another class.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've enjoyed playing the DH for the hour or so I've played it. I don't know that it will be competitive on the raid scene, but I enjoy how it plays.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really want to try one. I've always been a huge fan of very mobile characters in games and it seems right up my alley. I'm just worried cause I've never played melee before, how much am I gonna suck going into it? haha. But hpal is definitely gonna be my main

DavivMcD

Peasant
So regarding the confluence of ilvl and artifact power and the 'catch up' mechanisms for both, does it seem like it might be easier/better to level an alt for another spec vs. the same character? IE instead of gearing/artifacting dps spec on your tank, just making another class.
Definitely not. The more you play a character, the faster you can gain artifact power on that character. You may have a hard time choosing whether to level your main artifact vs offspec, but any time spent towards an offspec artifact will show higher return than the same amount of time on a fresh 100 alt picking that spec as their main.

In terms of ilvl it'll work pretty much the same as it does now, with one caveat. Almost all gear slots (except trinkets) will work fine when changing specs, including rings and necks in Legion. Your weapon ilvl is determined from relics that drop just like weapons drop now. You will need completely different relics for each off-spec you want to gear up, because they cannot be removed once equipped. The caveat is that the higher your current ilvl, the higher chance you have of rolling upgraded gear (+5 or higher ilvl, like current mythic dungeon loot, capped at a global max based on the highest raid tier out). So again, if you're farming gear for your offspec, you will find higher ilvl gear than you would doing the same exact content on a fresh alt.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Sooooo question for the Horde players

Since becoming warchief, has Vol'jin done anything? I really can't think of anything, and they just kill him off in Legion

Sirocco

Molten Core Raider
Do they still have something like a scroll of resurrection? Haven't touched this game in YEARS and I'm tempted to now that I'm on vacation.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Liked DK from the little bit I played, both frost and unholy felt pretty fun with interesting talent choices. Sadly Rogue felt kinda shitty. Outlaw was ok but really just feels like combat with new names; missed the mark with the pirate theme they were going for imo. Rogue talent choices also just felt as boring as they where last time I played in MoP, like nothing visually cool or exciting to look forward to. Want to try Demo warlock but the gameplay has me worried a bit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So interestingly having just got the beta I'm now trying some of the specs out again that I had found lacking on PTR earlier. Some do indeed mesh a bit better at 110 and actually they seem to have reneged on some gutting because it seems some specs have gotten a few abilities back (though in fairness they could have been removed because bugs and never were planned out of legion). So now I'm going to restest a bunch on the 110 server.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I like that you get to pick the areas you want to level in instead of being forced into 1 or 2.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I like that you get to pick the areas you want to level in instead of being forced into 1 or 2.
Agree but not sure how the scaling parts are supposed to work. Does it only set level when you enter the zone or something? It certainly doesn't set mobs at next level as soon as you ding.

Rime

<Donor>
Agree but not sure how the scaling parts are supposed to work. Does it only set level when you enter the zone or something? It certainly doesn't set mobs at next level as soon as you ding.
If you log out and then log in again (maybe after 5 minutes? Not sure it is instant upon in/out) it will scale the zone up to your level again. They stated this was intentional, so an area did not 'suddenly' get more difficult. So you can slightly gear-up over it if you marathon a zone.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you log out and then log in again (maybe after 5 minutes? Not sure it is instant upon in/out) it will scale the zone up to your level again. They stated this was intentional, so an area did not 'suddenly' get more difficult. So you can slightly gear-up over it if you marathon a zone.
But if you zone out to go sell at Dal same effect? I guess my point is you are pretty heavily penalized for logging off or zoning out it appears... lol.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wouldn't you be heavily penalizing yourself by not zoning? Doesn't the amount of exp and level of gear that drop depend on the mobs level?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Penalizing because scaling means L100 mobs are way quicker to kill at 102/103 in the zone vs. equal levels. Exp is an interesting question I'll have to go check beta but typically I don't think it'd be a significant change while kill speed would go up drastically. Meaningful gear so far seems to be quests only, but I suppose if you are a 630 WoD char greens would help a lot right off the bat.