World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
There were several mentions of tank/heal specs being able to solo and quest well enough to not need spec-switching. Is that actually the case? Specifically, how well does does a disc priest for leveling up?

velk

Trakanon Raider
There were several mentions of tank/heal specs being able to solo and quest well enough to not need spec-switching. Is that actually the case? Specifically, how well does does a disc priest for leveling up?
Healers get a a huge dps buff in open world, which leads to some odd situations, such as disc being far better than shadow at levelling.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Is any class at least giving their class changes a 5 out of 10? This xpac not a single damn class is happy or even at least meh. Straight up 100% FUCK THIS SUCKS.
Sure, I thought windwalker was massively improved, and unholy, arms, fury were a nice improvement.

I think every class, except maybe warrior, has at least one spec update that sucked though. So you can probably get heaps of people who hate every class.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am more than happy to see totems gone. I just hate how fucking simple it is to play now. All the thought and pre-planning and the quick-thinking is gone. Current enhancement actually keeps me engaged; it's challenging, and I can always keep improving on it. I also just hate builder/spender style systems and now I get to play a re-flavored warrior. Of course, everyone's flocking to it because it was doing absurd damage and they don't actually have to learn how to play it, now. Don't get me wrong, enh damage is probably in the best place I've ever seen it since I started maining it back in wrath, but the soul of it is just gone for me and there's nothing really out there to replace it. I tried playing some other specs I occasionally alted and my god...where the fuck did all the buttons go? Everything I've played is just boring as shit.
Honestly play style wise I did not find enhance feeling that much like warriors. Overall their resources come in pretty fast and its more of a making sure you keep your micro buffs rolling and using your storm strike procs. Given that in WOD enhance was effectively resourceless as their mana was never an issue unless you spam healed to long the change was probably a healthy one. You basically always have something you can be doing and I think there is going to be some pretty big differences between those who are good at it and keep their buffs up all the time and those who just are wacking buttons mindlessly so skill should matter a fair amount with them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Healers get a a huge dps buff in open world, which leads to some odd situations, such as disc being far better than shadow at levelling.
Tank specs always solo fine they have always done pretty good damage and their ability to take more mobs at the same time than a DPS can safely means they tend to go quantity over speed. I putzed around with guardian druid and prot warrior and they solo well like they pretty much always have. DPS for healers is a lot better this go round. As mentioned the artifact bakes in open world pve damage boosts for healers combined with things like boomking/feral affinity for druids allowing resto who were the weakest dps wise before into solid safe soloers. Not as fast as a DPS but again like tanks your self heals allow you more room for error so you can do more mobs at once.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I usually tank for the guild and heal in every other occasions, be it pickups, LFR, dungeons, etc.
This time around I'm not going to tank if I can find some decent ones to group with, but will focus on healing and for my tests on the PTR and the beta readings I did, the main choice you have to do is based on what you like to provide to the group / raid. If you want lots of utilities and cooldowns, shaman and paladin offer the best ones, shaman seems slightly ahead because Spirit Link Totem is simply amazing (and you still have Bloodlust, which in 5 men is not always available). I like a lot the shaman mastery and I'm not too fond of the new paladin one, plus the shammy AE healing is more enjoyable to me, but paladin has a lot of instant casts now, which makes it a lot more mobile than it was in WoD.

Druid is the same as it was, except it has a new mastery that jojo'ed up and down during beta: the more hots a target has, the larger heals it receives, then it was capped at 3 hots, then fuck knows what they did. It went from great to meh, to decent and now I have no idea where it sits in the stat priority, what I know is that druid healing style is very similar to the past, plus it gets Tranquillity on a 2 minutes cooldown and castable while moving once unlocked on the artifact.

Discipline Priest has changed a lot, damage to heal and a more hybrid role is the idea, I honestly still have to try it, while Holy is similar to the past with very large heals on a 1 minute cooldown that can be significantly shortened through the use of other spells. I kinda liked Holy for the few dungeons I ran with it on the PTR, but maybe it could become a bit boring over time, not sure, it's just an impression.

Mistweaver monk is a totally different class from its previous incarnations. I loved it in MoP, considered it decent in WoD (didn't like stances) and I find it pretty boring in Legion.
Very helpful... thanks! However, still baffles me that have made Paladins such strong healers. It may be the EQ and old MMO player in me but I think that undercuts your priest classes a bit but no biggie. I'll probably stick with my Priest and go between specs based on where everything settles.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is everyone still on Hyjal? or is there a particular server where all the fun is happening? They did implement some of the cross-realm stuff though if I remember correctly? The server me and friends were on (Drenden) is essentially dead and 50:1 Horde I believe someone last said.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
For those of us who haven't played WoW since Warlords came out, can we get a tldr; on the state of the game pre-Legion?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For those of us who haven't played WoW since Warlords came out, can we get a tldr; on the state of the game pre-Legion?
I check in on this thread every once in a while, and I know this similar question has been answered before, but kinda hard to search for. I want desperately to get back into an MMO, something with some kind of character progression, and EQ is my preferred choice. Problem is I don't have 4 hour blocks of time to make EQ viable, so I'm left with not much else. WoW seems the logical choice.

My only question is how gimped is someone gonna be if they missed out on the garrison gold rush? I figure there really is little time at this point to get any garrisons going at this point, and little point to do so?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't non subs have the ability to download the PTR and play it? That would be my suggestion to at least check out the class changes to see if you like of hate them.

Rime

<Donor>
I check in on this thread every once in a while, and I know this similar question has been answered before, but kinda hard to search for. I want desperately to get back into an MMO, something with some kind of character progression, and EQ is my preferred choice. Problem is I don't have 4 hour blocks of time to make EQ viable, so I'm left with not much else. WoW seems the logical choice.

My only question is how gimped is someone gonna be if they missed out on the garrison gold rush? I figure there really is little time at this point to get any garrisons going at this point, and little point to do so?
Given that the pre-patch nerfs the Garrison Gold Train, it will be impossible to make a profit on them if you are setting one up now.

As for gimped... gold helps you to buy resources to level your professions, craft gear, or buy carries through content. If you are fine with farming/gathering/raiding or grouping on your own, then it does not touch you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Given that the pre-patch nerfs the Garrison Gold Train, it will be impossible to make a profit on them if you are setting one up now.

As for gimped... gold helps you to buy resources to level your professions, craft gear, or buy carries through content. If you are fine with farming/gathering/raiding or grouping on your own, then it does not touch you.
It also pays for your sub.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I levelled to 110 as disc. It wasn't too bad most of the time but it would've been MUCH faster had I used the bodyguard follower sooner, I kinda skipped his unlock quest till 107ish. You get a quest to meet Zabrax in Val'Sharrah from your priest hall, he's the first bodyguard follower and will dramatically boost your questing dps... I'll be rushing to get him asap in live.

Disc is kinda shit right now and I dunno if it's got legs into mythics, but questing in the world it's pretty boss and I could facetank elite named ettins solo.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Monk mobility is still good, but all the Monks are becoming DHs anyway.
biggrin.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

yes if you have not already got one up and maxed and working DO NOT SPEND A DIME on them now. You have at best a week and they take a few weeks to recoup the initial setup costs to get one to level 3.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Aaand I just got into Legion beta.

What.

Time to test out the DH I guess...