World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just collecting transmogs and getting used to class changes, I think. Whenever the pre-expac event launches, Demon Hunter creation will go live? Not 100% on that but they aren't live yet.

I'm poor but wanted some "twink" type items to level my warr with 90-100. Have the 4 +exp heirlooms to 100 and got two ilvl 630 blacksmith 2handers to DW. ilvl 630 is lvl 100 regular dungeon equivalent, I think? Should be fun for leveling!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
How long has it been since you played? I haven't played in a year, and so I have a whole tier of raids I've never seen, and garrison expansions to mess around with, even though it's going away.

What's the end of expansion raids dropping? I remember for MoP SoO raid had heirloom items, and a mount I think? Anyone doing carries?
No heirloom weapons like SoO this time around, but heirloom trinkets that go up to level 110 that drop randomly off Mythic-difficulty dungeon bosses. The end bosses of Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel raids drop a mount 100% but on August 30th will be nerfed to 1-3% drop rate as per usual. You also can get a Grove Warden (flying magic moose) mount by doing Archimonde on heroic difficulty before August 30th, there are lots of carry groups for it, some are even free.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That leads to another question, what's everyone using to organize the raids? The pre made group tab? If I wanted to try and find one of these carries?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
No heirloom weapons like SoO this time around, but heirloom trinkets that go up to level 110 that drop randomly off Mythic-difficulty dungeon bosses. The end bosses of Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel raids drop a mount 100% but on August 30th will be nerfed to 1-3% drop rate as per usual. You also can get a Grove Warden (flying magic moose) mount by doing Archimonde on heroic difficulty before August 30th, there are lots of carry groups for it, some are even free.
I think the Mythic mounts no longer drop 100% since prepatch.
Moose will be available until Legion launch.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm thinking that Disc are pretty good healers, albeit a bit tedious as already mentioned, but there is no way they are gonna fill a DPS role. Granted, my 640 boosted Priest, is up against surely peeps in LFR that are probably 700+, but my DPS was 19, out of 17 DPS... so tanks or other healers out DPS'ed me. But at times, probably due to Nova, I was for sure beating other people on healing. So the healing is respectable, but damage is ass, which is weird?

I suppose in the past Disc was so OP, because it scaled so well with gear. Get good gear, and your DPS went up, and your healing sky rocketed right along with your DPS. It's been tilted way far in the other direction now though.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I suppose in the past Disc was so OP, because it scaled so well with gear. Get good gear, and your DPS went up, and your healing sky rocketed right along with your DPS. It's been tilted way far in the other direction now though.
This is definitely how I feel about disc, back in MoP there was a lot of double dipping going on and this time around they took it all out.
I also dislike the small duration on everything: attonement, shield, schism, it just feels like spamming and very little control over the situation.
In MoP I felt like damage was the default mode and it kept people up but if things got rough I could fall back to full healer mode and I had all the tools, in pvp I could just heal and support with damage, now you just kinda do damage and hope its healing enough and if not you only have a couple of not that great healing spells.

Maybe I'm not getting it and need to play some more.

khorum

Murder Apologist
This is definitely how I feel about disc, back in MoP there was a lot of double dipping going on and this time around they took it all out.
I also dislike the small duration on everything: attonement, shield, schism, it just feels like spamming and very little control over the situation.
In MoP I felt like damage was the default mode and it kept people up but if things got rough I could fall back to full healer mode and I had all the tools, in pvp I could just heal and support with damage, now you just kinda do damage and hope its healing enough and if not you only have a couple of not that great healing spells.

Maybe I'm not getting it and need to play some more.
Disc is basically hot flaming garbage at the end.

I'm at ilevel 854 on the beta and though I've only raided up to star augur in nighthold, I've done up to mythic+5 as holy. which is fairly rough with some of the new mythic mods (raging and teeming ugh).

Thing is, my disc set is probably better than my holy set and my disc artifact is a few levels ahead (because I leveled to 110 and did all the suramar and world questing as disc) but my best successful run as disc is mythic+3 and even then it was down to the wire. I even got the disc legendary belt, maiev's cord, which gives smite a 30% chance to reset the cd on penance, which puts me way ahead of other better geared disc at raids. But that's a case of being the tallest midget, since the only people we would outheal in a raid are maybe some clueless mistweavers. And the only people we would outdps would need to be AFK or dead 10 secs after the pull.

In fact, i only managed to get mythic3 because it was a friend's stone, since most ppl by then wouldn't risk their keystones with a disc heals when they can get a holy or pally heals.

As holy? You'd get random tells from premades to heal for higher mythics because their tank and dps overgear it and would carry you.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Disc is basically hot flaming garbage at the end.

I'm at ilevel 854 on the beta and though I've only raided up to star augur in nighthold, I've done up to mythic+5 as holy. which is fairly rough with some of the new mythic mods (raging and teeming ugh).

Thing is, my disc set is probably better than my holy set and my disc artifact is a few levels ahead (because I leveled to 110 and did all the suramar and world questing as disc) but my best successful run as disc is mythic+3 and even then it was down to the wire. I even got the disc legendary belt, maiev's cord, which gives smite a 30% chance to reset the cd on penance, which puts me way ahead of other better geared disc at raids. But that's a case of being the tallest midget, since the only people we would outheal in a raid are maybe some clueless mistweavers. And the only people we would outdps would need to be AFK or dead 10 secs after the pull.

In fact, i only managed to get mythic3 because it was a friend's stone, since most ppl by then wouldn't risk their keystones with a disc heals when they can get a holy or pally heals.
Damn, I was hoping it was just me sucking, or that there was something I had missed, or it got better with scaling.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just collecting transmogs and getting used to class changes, I think. Whenever the pre-expac event launches, Demon Hunter creation will go live? Not 100% on that but they aren't live yet.

I'm poor but wanted some "twink" type items to level my warr with 90-100. Have the 4 +exp heirlooms to 100 and got two ilvl 630 blacksmith 2handers to DW. ilvl 630 is lvl 100 regular dungeon equivalent, I think? Should be fun for leveling!
Go live for hunters and broken isles intro is in theory by august 17th it could come earlier though.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried Blood on the beta server yesterday evening, I found it playable, but lacking something, namely half the cooldowns: Icebound Fortitude, Army of the Dead, Dark Pact (and Bone Shield in a way) are gone, which means it took a massive hit on survivability and ability to solo tough mobs. It has a fun skill in Blooddrinker, but apparently it's not competitive (I'll still take it because fuck 3 more RP per hearth strike when I can have an awesome drain life), Marrowrend and the Bone Shield mechanic are okay, even if in AoE vs a lot of mobs it gets "interesting" very very fast, and Blood Boil is stupid as fuck damage right now, but I'm confident that will be axed soon.

I had the feeling that I was in control, but up to a point of no return and that was much easier to reach than in 6.x and previous iterations. I've always been a huge fan of the death knight class and still play it quite a lot, but this version, while fun for the little time I played it, wasn't "complete" or just plainly said, weaker. Now, I'm aware all tanks have taken a hit in survivability, because of shitty reasons, but maybe having just Vampiric Blood is a bit too much? From rotating cooldown after cooldown to having just one, seems a little bit drastic to me, even if the artifact will help a bit in that regard.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My warrior is looking for a 1h+shield because I'm going to be levelling as prot. Nothing on the AH at all.

What's my best bet to just get two weapons so I can start mucking around on him?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cheap 630 bs weapons then invasion event soon will give you 725 if you don't farm better in the next week or two.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
My warrior is looking for a 1h+shield because I'm going to be levelling as prot. Nothing on the AH at all.

What's my best bet to just get two weapons so I can start mucking around on him?
Ask a blacksmith to make sword and shield, the 630 version are decent to start or, even better, get to Tanaan and loot treasures, those will give you a 650 weapon, but it'll be with agility as for some fucked up reason, the strength weapons are all two-handers. There is although a 650 shield. Once you get 10k Apexis you can buy an armament, set loot type to protection and you'll get a 650 blade with the proper stats, that you can upgrade to 695.
Or you could do the broken shore event when it releases, free ilvl 700 weapon and ring. Or do the invasions, up to 725 if I recall correctly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good idea I'll just farm tanaan for a bit. It will get me a bit more comfortable with the warrior anyways.

Skipping DK at the beginning even though he's pretty geared.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think there is a 1H and shield in Tanaan. When I get home in a few hours I will craft you one if I have the mats which I probably do.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Until the invasions start just queue for LFr and make 600 gold a pop. Just use heirloom shield and sword in LFR. It's all fucking tarded anyway.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
At max level you can run timewalked dungeons for the marks that give you a 675 shield/sword.

doing the weekly quest (if its up) has you run 5 dungeons and you get a random ilevel 700 from HFC normal and 500 badges (enough to fully kit yourself in 675 gear)