World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Been playing my enhance shaman (all of ilvl 650) to do the Draenor Pathfinder stuff. They are a ton of fun now! If it wasn't on a totally dead server I'd be tempted to play it for Legion. Might have to server transfer him eventually...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK, I must be missing some button in the Interface page, but where the hell do you get Health/Mana bar text back on your portrait?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Interface -> Display -> Status Text

Put it to Numerical Value. If its already set like that, click on the drop down menu to open it, select it again. Then hit Okay to finalize.

I had that happen to a couple of my characters and doing that fixed it.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thank you! I was starting to wonder if they had gone full retard mode and decided to drop having text!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been playing my enhance shaman (all of ilvl 650) to do the Draenor Pathfinder stuff. They are a ton of fun now! If it wasn't on a totally dead server I'd be tempted to play it for Legion. Might have to server transfer him eventually...
Awesome spec, coupled with the beatiful artifact it becomes just amazing. My only concern with shaman in general, is the removal of the glyph for Wolf Form that gave a 100% speed increase out of combat, de facto being an instant cast epic ground mount (well, -10% speed) and the loss of Tremor Totem. Aside from that, it's just a lot of fun.

Talents are okay, but could be a lot better: for once, I don't see myself ever speccing out of Boulderfist. A few talents are also quite mismatched against their competitors in the tier, Rainfall for example is 99,99% useless, Lighning Shield is disappointing, Sundering having a knockback makes it annoying for PvE and Hot Hand is quite bad. I wish Feral Lunge was a 15s or maybe even 20s cooldown, 30 is a bit too long for a movement spell that requires a target.
The spec as a whole is very smooth to play if you pick Boulderfist and borderline spammy if you stick to Rockbiter, I simply love it anyway. The fact you can spend 20 maelstrom for instant healing feels very good for open world questing and vignette mobs / mini events.
One more note is that while I usually play with Tempest talented, Overcharge makes Lightning Bolt be more than a ranged pulling/tagging tool, it feels good.

Small warning, if you talent for Hailstorm, you'll have to mantain 2 buffs, Flametongue and Frostbrand, I prefer to take the 10% haste and mantain only one, but I don't know if Hailstorm will be the best pick for dps down the road, during raids etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome spec, coupled with the beatiful artifact it becomes just amazing. My only concern with shaman in general, is the removal of the glyph for Wolf Form that gave a 100% speed increase out of combat, de facto being an instant cast epic ground mount (well, -10% speed) and the loss of Tremor Totem. Aside from that, it's just a lot of fun.

Talents are okay, but could be a lot better: for once, I don't see myself ever speccing out of Boulderfist. A few talents are also quite mismatched against their competitors in the tier, Rainfall for example is 99,99% useless, Lighning Shield is disappointing, Sundering having a knockback makes it annoying for PvE and Hot Hand is quite bad. I wish Feral Lunge was a 15s or maybe even 20s cooldown, 30 is a bit too long for a movement spell that requires a target.
The spec as a whole is very smooth to play if you pick Boulderfist and borderline spammy if you stick to Rockbiter, I simply love it anyway. The fact you can spend 20 maelstrom for instant healing feels very good for open world questing and vignette mobs / mini events.
One more note is that while I usually play with Tempest talented, Overcharge makes Lightning Bolt be more than a ranged pulling/tagging tool, it feels good.

Small warning, if you talent for Hailstorm, you'll have to mantain 2 buffs, Flametongue and Frostbrand, I prefer to take the 10% haste and mantain only one, but I don't know if Hailstorm will be the best pick for dps down the road, during raids etc.
One thing to note about the glyph of travel it is my understanding there is some order hall body guard or ability that gives back the 100% speed in ghost wolf form again.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Can anyone recommend a decent higher end theorycraft site for prot warriors? I guess Elitist jerks doesn't exist anymore.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One other note is late in beta they buffed the lightning shield talent a good bit. It is not an exciting talent but its damage is actually pretty decent. It can proc both on damage it takes and damage you do so it basically is adding a lightning damage proc chance on your auto attack to go along with the fire/cold ones you already likely have running. I think it is one of those things once your attack speed really starts cranking up it may become better yet.

Doh forgot the cold melee damage proc hailstorm is in same line as lightning shield now. Between the two hailstorm is currently probably better although lightning shield solo leveling where you are getting the boost for incoming and outgoing damage may be a viable pick.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing to note about the glyph of travel it is my understanding there is some order hall body guard or ability that gives back the 100% speed in ghost wolf form again.
That's very good to know. Thanks.

One other note is late in beta they buffed the lightning shield talent a good bit. It is not an exciting talent but its damage is actually pretty decent. It can proc both on damage it takes and damage you do so it basically is adding a lightning damage proc chance on your auto attack to go along with the fire/cold ones you already likely have running. I think it is one of those things once your attack speed really starts cranking up it may become better yet.

Doh forgot the cold melee damage proc hailstorm is in same line as lightning shield now. Between the two hailstorm is currently probably better although lightning shield solo leveling where you are getting the boost for incoming and outgoing damage may be a viable pick.
I thought about a passive skill for levelling, because I don't want to micromanage for hours or when I don't need to really squeeze out that last 5%-10% dps, such as in the open world. I prefer to quest with skills that help my survivability or offer passive or better healing, the same is true in beta now (I just recently got an invite), where I like Healing Surge relics, because I hate downtime and I love self healing, especially if instant at the end of the battles. Passive for passive, the 10% haste seemed nicer, I'll try the Shield one and see.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lightning shield is basically a passive it is a click button but it lasts an hour so its fire and forget. That said hailstorm is not bad either it it has a reasonable duration I never had any real problems must throwing it next to flame tounge and when its time to refresh one do both.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The lightning shield is basically a passive it is a click button but it lasts an hour so its fire and forget. That said hailstorm is not bad either it it has a reasonable duration I never had any real problems must throwing it next to flame tounge and when its time to refresh one do both.
I just macro'd them into a single key.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup that is pretty legit to do they are basically on the same timer and same duration/cd so macro is totally valid way to handle reapplying both of them. Only reason potentially to do them separately is that flametounge does not have a resource cost and the frost one costs like 20. But that should rarely if ever be an issue probably just make the macro so the tool tip shows the readiness of the frost buff because if that is available fire will be too.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What are you using that method on? I didn't realize there were that many items available for currency (or are we just talking about pvp items?).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the main one people are doing it for are the darkmoon faire stuff. There are a lot of legacy looks available there that cost a lot of a limited currency so its a good way to game it to get full look sets.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Put some time into my rogue, went from 43 to 48 way faster than I expected. Random Classic dungeons just pour out the experience. Rogue felt pretty good, was pretty good DPS as Outlaw. With a Druid already at 100, not sure if I want to stick with Rogue or not. Still have no idea what I'm gonna play come Legion... ugh.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
What are you using that method on? I didn't realize there were that many items available for currency (or are we just talking about pvp items?).
I've been doing it all morning on every PVP set and weapon, plus all the Justice gear in org (you can buy all that with gold then sell it back at no loss). Also a ton of gear in Dalaran you can buy and sell back.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah there are quite a few places this can be used.

So there are a ton of places you can use this.. and if you want to do it on multiple characters it's going to take some time. It can used on almost anything aside from Tabards, so you can buy items with gold, marks, tokens, ect ect all refundable once you learn them and void it.