World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At max level you can run timewalked dungeons for the marks that give you a 675 shield/sword.

doing the weekly quest (if its up) has you run 5 dungeons and you get a random ilevel 700 from HFC normal and 500 badges (enough to fully kit yourself in 675 gear)
Not fully unless I missed something. Not all the slots, drop off the same vendor? Went to Dalaran to try and find the vendor to get a 675 neck, and they were not there? Sounded to me like the vendors changed based on what week it was. (BC, Wrath, or Cata?)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That is correct. Different expansion vendors sell different pieces. I'm not really sure what the reasoning is for that other than "Blizzard wants you to stay subscribed for longer"

khorum

Murder Apologist
Damn, I was hoping it was just me sucking, or that there was something I had missed, or it got better with scaling.
Don't get me wrong, I still love the new disc playstyle---it's probably the first really new playstyle wow has had in ages. It plays like the most fun way to play the priest and it's definitely better for leveling/soloing than shadow.

I haven't played live in a year but when I retired mid-HFC my priest was 715ish and my disc set stacked mastery to high heaven. That's the biggest thing if you're still on live playing disc---you've probably stacked mastery/crit for 6.0 disc but for new disc you want to stack haste>>>>int>mastery>crit, but mostly haste. For legion you WILL have slots that will make you choose between int and haste, in which case you'll still want haste for the new disc. Frankly disc was intolerable until around 25% haste, so if you have a set of 6.0 holy gear that stacks haste, switch to that for the new disc, or buy crafted/regem etc.

It's just that those 5-mans are pretty zero-sum about that healer slot, and since the keys have some scarcity value, then people will demand optimal folks for their roles... and after 45 days of prepatch, I suspect there won't be many discs going legion because it will have had a shitty reputation even before release.

Then there's the mana issue with raids and overheals. Thing is, if you want to fulfill that hybrid-dps role that prolly got you the charity invite in the first place, then you have to actually spam smite/penance to live up to that "half a dps" bullshit. BUT, on longer boss fights, you ALSO have to manage your mana like a pure healer... meaning backing off on the smite spam a bit and undercutting disc's value proposition as some kinda ghetto dps. Most likely you'll be oom at 25% and fulfill your true destiny as a shitty heals and even shittier dps.

Crone

That is correct. Different expansion vendors sell different pieces. I'm not really sure what the reasoning is for that other than "Blizzard wants you to stay subscribed for longer"
Alright cool, then I'll just wait it out on my Druid. Only took a day, but I think I've got a grasp on the classes I have, and what needs to be done!

Saw a guy on a mount that looked like a giant gorilla and the dude was riding on it's shoulders. Any ideas what mount that was?

Also, to quick change specializations, what's required right now? I need to find some vendor item, or crafted item?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alright cool, then I'll just wait it out on my Druid. Only took a day, but I think I've got a grasp on the classes I have, and what needs to be done!

Saw a guy on a mount that looked like a giant gorilla and the dude was riding on it's shoulders. Any ideas what mount that was?

Also, to quick change specializations, what's required right now? I need to find some vendor item, or crafted item?
Gronnling maybe? Couple of them are easy to get. I think I just trashed one
frown.png

Needless

Toe Sucker

rrr_img_137136.jpg

This? it's from getting silver rank in all the Challenge Modes, but i believe you can't get it anymore after the 7.0 patch?

or a gronnling like mentioned above, theres a few different kinds of them

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The coalfist gronnling came from garrison missions and actually does not sell for that much on the AH as they are somewhat common on my server was usually like 4-5k.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The winterveil yeti (probably costs a lot if there's any even available) looks very similar to the now unobtainable silver CM yeti.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My warrior is looking for a 1h+shield because I'm going to be levelling as prot. Nothing on the AH at all.

What's my best bet to just get two weapons so I can start mucking around on him?
If you don't mind pvp, you can do random BGs for marks and buy the 710 weapons from vendor, think its 5 marks for a weapon and 2 for a shield.

Edit: Nvm if you meant leveling as in 90-100, but if you mean for legion then the pvp weapon will work.

khorum

Murder Apologist
My warrior is looking for a 1h+shield because I'm going to be levelling as prot. Nothing on the AH at all.

What's my best bet to just get two weapons so I can start mucking around on him?
If you mean levelling from 100-110, save your money. Whatever you get will be used for maybe an hour into Legion TOPS until you get your artifact, and that's counting the broken shores intro quest. Unless you skip the class quest for whatever reason. Don't do that.

In fact, when you get the quest to get another artifact for your other specs, your class hall vendor lets you buy a green weapon for you to use during that quest.

Crone

Yep, those are the ones. Thought they were pretty cool, as it was such a different style than other mounts. Same reason I really like the robot head!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Your class Artifact quest is also scaled based on your ilvl going in, and the scaling's wonky on several of them such that it's actually significantly harder (relatively) if you're in non-shit gear.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well figured this would be worth sharing for you guys collecting transmog and don't want to grind out 231230122341313243 marks of honor because I would rather slam my dick in a car door due to how often horde loses BG's. You can for the time being buy the items and refund them but keep the transmog.. works with items bought with gold as well.

1 Buy an item with marks of honor
2 deposit the item into void storage
3 log out to character select screen - you have to do this
4 log back in
5 take item out of the void storage
6 vendor item and get your marks back

Might as well knock this shit out while you can.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also if that still works in a couple of weeks then pretty sure people will go apeshit on the darkmoon faire stuff getting all the sets for all of their characters.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
At max level you can run timewalked dungeons for the marks that give you a 675 shield/sword.

doing the weekly quest (if its up) has you run 5 dungeons and you get a random ilevel 700 from HFC normal and 500 badges (enough to fully kit yourself in 675 gear)
Wish I could do this, I don't even queue for LFR w/ my tanks because I'm so casual I don't want to be a shit tank that sinks even an LFR group.

Need to settle into a guild for the expansion, haven't really been in one for a couple of years at this point.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wish there was a way to be in a Mythic guild that didnt require specific raid times. The Mythic guild I was in during early WoD was fine, but it seemed like something would always pop up at the office and make me 30 minutes to an hour late and Id lose my spot. The guild understood and was cool with it with me being a DPS, but I want to heal this expansion. Not sure how well thats going to play out :/

Crone

Been getting used to trade skill master and it's sniping feature snagged aOrb of Mystery - Item - World of Warcraftfor 300g. Can't beat deals like that.
Even before the Garrison mission gold rush, people were making millions using TSM. I just never had the time or motivation to actually use it much. Most I ever got into was using Auctioneer to scan for deals out of the ordinary and try and re-list/sell. Worked out ok, but wasn't no million gold maker.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I noticed with Disc. Smite has multiple things with it. Mine does damage for 14K, blocks the damage from the hit mob for almost 10K and heals anyone with atonement for 5K I do not think the meters are seeing the blocked damage part.