World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
God damn it. Was playing perfectly well when my game crashed tonight and now I'm getting a crash to desktop with an error #132 each time I'm trying to log in a character.

Have tried everything, delete Interface/WTF, reinstalling drivers, disabling shit and so on without it helping.

Currently in the process of reinstalling the game. That's a pain in the ass.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
make sure you clear your cache files. Every time I have bumped into this clearing the cache fixed it for me and its fast to do.

Malkav

French Madman
Will take not for next time thanks.

Game downloading, tried launching it while the client is streaming, could log in (but of course 80% of the shit doesn't appear yet because not yet downloaded).

Thanks god for fast internet.

Doubt I'll be able to play more tonight, which is a shame because my Nightfallen emissary quest expires in a few hours, si it's some reputation lost.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It seems like when they start getting nailed with the DDOS they do something that fuxxors something in the cache. Blow the cash files away for wow and try again seems to be the current "fix" to do.

Malkav

French Madman
Could very well be what happened. Had a large lag when I landed in Suramar, abilities not working, couldn't even camp out. Had to force close the game and that's when shit didn't want to work when I launched back the game.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It just started happening to me 10 minutes ago. Deleted the cache per blizzard instructions, and still getting error #132. So annoyed.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Actually you can do that pretty early there is an early quest giver that gives the ones that lead you there and leads to the other druid line of stuff. It is just that the druid stuff goes in one steady path while that would have had you go out of your way for the time you received the quest so I think most will wind up doing it last.

And people wondered why I though all of the guides saying "Follow the story question for the zone and then move on" was some vague advice that was not followable for non-beta players...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finished up Aszuna and Stoneheim loremaster which took me to 105. May run the 4 dungeons I need for my class hall before moving onto other zones

DavivMcD

Peasant
Vendor trash is some serious money this time around. I've seen some 70g+ stuff fairly often. And yet there are still people not looting because it slows them down. I wish you could loot other players' mobs after like 5 minutes or so, like EQ.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anyone know what the deal is with the arcane thirst bar on the major NPCs in Shal'Aran? Someone said to use the special abilities to trade them ancient mana but when I do that the bar doesn't move.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do not do the Huln Highmountain flashback quest (conversation clicky) right now. Hit the end of the quest and should have been sent back to high mountain but after loading screen everyone is still in the zone. Relogged and now I'm battling the 95% loaded boss, then "character already exists, then dc, then delete cache...

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Vendor trash is some serious money this time around. I've seen some 70g+ stuff fairly often. And yet there are still people not looting because it slows them down. I wish you could loot other players' mobs after like 5 minutes or so, like EQ.

Yeah make sure you're looting everything, every single mob has a chance to drop AP items (I've gotten two +75 tokens so far).

Does anyone know what the deal is with the arcane thirst bar on the major NPCs in Shal'Aran? Someone said to use the special abilities to trade them ancient mana but when I do that the bar doesn't move.

When the bar gets full (or empty? I forget) you should get a dialog option or quest to give them mana.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So this is very early on in the expansion, but...

So far it seems like they have just killed it. Finished the four zones and hit 110. Stormheim & Highmountain were pretty annoying at times, there was just so much vertical movement. The traveling was irritating in those two zones, but I was also fairly tired. Although annoying at times I did appreciate the lore & some of the quests. The zones are FUCKING HUGE.

The artifact adds a shit ton of flavor, and I am really digging the class hall's so far. Even the profession quests, although somewhat long, actually make you put in some leg work. Fuck, the Obliterum (or whatever that shit is called) unlock quests are pretty cool.

Karazhan coming in 7.1, they may have hit a home-run here. It's sad we didn't get the artifact/AA system sooner. Really, really optimistic about this expansion. It's actually been fun to play so far.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know if they intend to do something about auction houses on low pop servers? Have toons on all over the place, don't remember why I did it (played for a few months years and years ago).

During the invasion events I leveled a bunch of toons. Highest level toon is on a locked (atm) server, auction house rules, toon is swimming in gold. Next highest level toon is ona a low pop server, can't even sell copper ore. Servers with low pop status have totally crap auction houses. No problem paying for the transfers but if Blizz has plans to fix the issue I can wait it out.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't think they've said anything. I basically run the market on my server with one other dude and even then sales are pretty shit a majority of the time except with very few mats. I can't ever sell enchanting mats, but can sell enchants at least. Fel blight always sold 100% of the time in WoD, lower level cloth was decent I assume for bags... but yeah, auction houses on low pop servers are not an enjoyable experience when you get a taste of a full pop server where you can sell really stupid shit for a few hundred gold.

ALSO
I wanted to hit 110 yesterday/day before but played a bit of battlefield as well.. and now I'm back in the game about to hit 110 and I gotta say, the lore/warcraft nerd in me has an erection this entire expansion so far. I'm actually reading quests and paying attention to cutscenes and I love it.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck none about lore, quests, grinds? I just want 1-110 immediately so I can log in to casually pvp with a buddy in 2s. Guys it's the same god damn shit, kill x mob 10 times, bring douche douchler 6 jimjams. When I play, I see a white background in my mind as I curse my way to max level...I don't see artistry, flowers, landscape. I would be so happy if I absolutely never had to engage in a pve battle again. I don't want to waste 10 seconds of my life hitting cool downs on a murgle gurgle, or a damned Naga. Dude I am old and salty, 5 years ago I would be all excited. I miss old me, sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is what happens when you don't play for years and years..

WoWScrnShot_090116_170718.jpg

Yeah, I cheated to level 100 with a DH. Having fun though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck none about lore, quests, grinds? I just want 1-110 immediately so I can log in to casually pvp with a buddy in 2s. Guys it's the same god damn shit, kill x mob 10 times, bring douche douchler 6 jimjams. When I play, I see a white background in my mind as I curse my way to max level...I don't see artistry, flowers, landscape. I would be so happy if I absolutely never had to engage in a pve battle again. I don't want to waste 10 seconds of my life hitting cool downs on a murgle gurgle, or a damned Naga. Dude I am old and salty, 5 years ago I would be all excited. I miss old me, sometimes.
And I would say in response that I wish they'd just take PvP out of the game so more Dev time could be devoted towards awesome PvE content. To each their own but when comparing to other WoW expansions they nailed it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
And I would say in response that I wish they'd just take PvP out of the game so more Dev time could be devoted towards awesome PvE content. To each their own but when comparing to other WoW expansions they nailed it.

I'd like to say I am happy so many enjoy the expansion. Congrats to wow for their success. I understand everyone takes it all in differently and respect that. I just need a new hobby or something in my life.