World of Warcraft: Current Year

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So first impressions? Is this skippable like pandas and WoD?

The Expac as a whole? I just dove in last night for an hour or two to get passed the initial questing story line and get my Artifact. I was in F&F Alpha and Beta but never touched it.

As of right now, I have not had this many cool moments in WoW since WOTLK. And I have only just begun. So I am glad I waited for release to not spoil anything. The first hour for me was "HOLY SHIT!"

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the first time I don't buy a WoW expansion right away, but I still might get it. I'm just not sure if I want to gamble my time on it after being disappointed in the last three expansions. What's the verdict? Can anyone give a serious review at this point? Especially interested in hearing from people who quickly saw how shit WoD was, as opposed to those who just always love Blizzard games unconditionally until it becomes untenable to do so.

That's why I'm not even bothering to look at any of the game's own forums. I still remember like 70% of players voting WoD the best expansion in the game's history during the first week. Basically, can anyone tell me the things that are wrong with Legion so I can decide if I want to play despite those things?

It is easily the best expansion since Wrath or TBC, depending on your preference. It really feels like WoW 2. There are a lot of really great additions to the game. The leveling experience is amazing and there is a ton of content at 110 before even stepping foot into mythic+ or raids. It isn't perfect but it has the potential to be the best xpack in the game's history.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really biased towards Pandaria, but Legion has been an amazing experience so far, I hope it lasts long enough. Who am I kidding? I'm an altoholic, it'll certainly last long enough.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I'm really biased towards Pandaria, but Legion has been an amazing experience so far, I hope it lasts long enough. Who am I kidding? I'm an altoholic, it'll certainly last long enough.
Yeah, feel the same way. I can't remember when i have stopped to smell the roses like this in a game instead of blasting through to max level as fast as possible. I have already completed 7 different artifacts (5 different toons) just because i wanted to see the scenarios before i get burned out on the grind.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

I only played through Pandaria months after the initial launch but I found it to be a good expansion at that point (better then Cata and WoD by a mile).

I'm only picking this up at the weekend, are there any suggested starting zones for shadowpriest/tailor?

Someone mentioned that one zone quest nicely matched to the hunter spear and that sounds pretty good. Does the shadowpriest weapon tie into any quest lines in one of the zones? Same for tradeskills, I'd prefer to stay in one zone until I wrap it up and not hop elsewhere to do crafting-related quests.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure. But tradeskill ones vary. You can do the gathering ones anywhere. But for leatherworking you need to get samples from specific locations in other zones and find hidden master Leatherworker dude somewhere. I haven't done all of them.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, feel the same way. I can't remember when i have stopped to smell the roses like this in a game instead of blasting through to max level as fast as possible. I have already completed 7 different artifacts (5 different toons) just because i wanted to see the scenarios before i get burned out on the grind.

Yeah I am even reading the quest text... something I haven't done since WOTLK.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll echo what's been said, it feels so far (level 104) 2 zones done only to be the best expansion story/leveling wise since WotLK, I enjoyed MoP a lot personally, but I feel this is a notch above it. Cataclysm and WoD I both disliked a lot.

I'm a guy that loves leveling and questing, I prefer that to dungeons and raids or endgame. Cataclysm and WoD were 2 expansions where I struggle to read the quest text and found the experience painful.

This one is really fun so far, and I think leveling alts will be interesting too with the Class Order Hall quest chain for each classes being different. The core leveling experience will remain the same, but at least some part will be new and interesting.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
With the awesome artifact quests/scenarios, I'm kind of regretting not having a stable of characters at 100 to run them all. Jealous of you people with a 100 of every class now :(

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is easily the best expansion since Wrath or TBC, depending on your preference. It really feels like WoW 2. There are a lot of really great additions to the game. The leveling experience is amazing and there is a ton of content at 110 before even stepping foot into mythic+ or raids. It isn't perfect but it has the potential to be the best xpack in the game's history.

And rarity that it is the artifact weapon looks like it should be a pretty long term thing to work at for steady improvements to your character. This is not something anybody can sprint to complete in a week or two or hell even a few months at the rate the numbers increase.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am really glad that I got up a bunch of alts to 100 because the class / artifact stuff is quite compelling. I'm trying to decide what I want to boost, perhaps a melee class. I actually don't have a real melee class since I play the Monk as a healer only.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots of good melee this expansion to pick from if you want to try that. Warriors are pretty studly this go round hell even survival hunter is a hoot. I was just messing with it trying to force it to give me the agility polearm and I actually think it is probably the most fun hunter spec currently.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If I had to base my entire review of the expansion on darkheart thicket, this would be the worst expansion ever. Violet Hold doesn't help.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I had to base my entire review of the expansion on darkheart thicket, this would be the worst expansion ever. Violet Hold doesn't help.

Violet hold pretty while silly makes sense to have it because dalaran is the main city. The thicket thing is just kinda meh. Curious to see if it is more fun on heroic/mythic where some actual tactics/mechanics come into play.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This is the first expansion where I did not take off time from work to powerlevel and prepare for raiding.

I learned my lesson in WoD and do not plan on doing any organized raiding outside of the group finder and/or the mini-van weekend raids for fun. Forced 20 man mythic raiding killed all my enjoyment of the game. Heroic is as far as I need to go.

I fired up Legion last night for the first time and worked through the intro quests and picked up my artifact then called it a night. It was a nice change from my usual breakneck speed of flying through quests. This time I actually read everything and just enjoyed it. We'll see how casually leveling entertains me over the next week or so.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Go get it.

Hit 110 last night on my Mut Rogue. I ended up finished every zone except High Mountain, and made it through a "decent" chunk in there. Did the suramar intro quest, and did tailoring/enchanting so far. Gonna try and power through enchanting to the wrists so I can undercut a few (have a ton of mats saved up) and buy the other profession ones to open up the OF. The lore is pretty good, I got pretty triggered in Val'Sharah with the storyline. Stormheim was fun, though I ended up doing the entire zone and THEN the drowned guys (so Heiv or w/e was there even though I knew who he was). I started exploring a bit and even managed to find the druid class hall. Now it's time to get the rest of the pets I missed (went from 685 to 710? I think), and get my explorer on.

I really dig the random treasure chests scattered around the world.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't mind MoP, I liked all the Asian themes too
This is the first expansion where I did not take off time from work to powerlevel and prepare for raiding.

I learned my lesson in WoD and do not plan on doing any organized raiding outside of the group finder and/or the mini-van weekend raids for fun. Forced 20 man mythic raiding killed all my enjoyment of the game. Heroic is as far as I need to go.

I fired up Legion last night for the first time and worked through the intro quests and picked up my artifact then called it a night. It was a nice change from my usual breakneck speed of flying through quests. This time I actually read everything and just enjoyed it. We'll see how casually leveling entertains me over the next week or so.
You should know that the minivan now drives at friday and monday nights