World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The leveling experience of WoD was really good. I hope that Legion stays good throughout.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck none about lore, quests, grinds? I just want 1-110 immediately so I can log in to casually pvp with a buddy in 2s. Guys it's the same god damn shit, kill x mob 10 times, bring douche douchler 6 jimjams. When I play, I see a white background in my mind as I curse my way to max level...I don't see artistry, flowers, landscape. I would be so happy if I absolutely never had to engage in a pve battle again. I don't want to waste 10 seconds of my life hitting cool downs on a murgle gurgle, or a damned Naga. Dude I am old and salty, 5 years ago I would be all excited. I miss old me, sometimes.
Yeah, I think you're the only one.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
To be fair I felt the way Flaw did my first time through WoD. Leveling in that expansion without flying was the absolute worst.

Legion is way better. I don't mind running around on my ground mount at all. The zone design is infinitely better this time around.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hit 110 and there is so much to do I'm actually a bit dizzy from it all. The broader storyline is definitely going in the direction I expected, but there's a LOT of side detail and misc extra stuff. Really shows they did a good polish on this expansion as compared to the last one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Makes me glad that I work 2nd shift and I'm at work during prime times. But, to be fair, this is like literally the only time ever I think that. Lol

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to get the launcher to restart/finish the game download? I started playing while the download was in the "playable" state, but since then, the game will only download content as I get to new places. My install directory is still at 20gb, rather than 30-40 that most people say the full download takes up.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I finished Azsuna today, and did the end dungeon...Eye of Azshara. I managed to get to 106 halfway to 107.

I really like the zone, visually I thought it was better than Val'Shara, but preferred the storyline in Val'Shara but this was still pretty good. It had some really nice moment. I much prefer Eye of Azshara to Darkheart Thicket as far as dungeon go. While I found DT boring, I enjoyed EoA(yes using acronyms now), I like the non linear design, as you can sorta do bosses in different order...there is shit ton of trash that can be skipped too.

The Class Order Hall mission are awesome so far for my Demon Hunter, makes me want to level alts. :)

I'm loving the Inscription missions too, very cool stuff.

With the class order storyline, and crafting quests...an alt with a different profession will a decent amount of new stuff to do...which is going to make alts a lot more interesting to level...if you enjoy questing and lore that is. :)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, while I don't feel weak on my elemental shaman, I do on my marksman hunter. First thing out the gate on my marks hunter quest to get artifact weapon and I derp die. Lol. Used to having castable heals or a pet I guess. Switched talents to black arrow and it went much smoother, but now I'm sad I didn't go beast hunter. Ugh. Guess I'll be able to do that at 102? Will save any ap items I get as well to spend them in beast.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just sold a stack of 200 Foxflower for 19k gold. What in the fuck.

I mean, I know there's not THAT many foxflower nodes but that's way more than I was expecting lol

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I kinda fucked myself, instead of committing to a single character and plowing through I've done up to the first artifact with each class and now the decision of what I want to main is worse than ever...lol. Every time I see or do something that is really cool I play another class and see something else I like, this has never happened to me in this game. I also highly recommend Storyline if you are one of those people, like me, who is reading all of the quests, it's so much better than the default quest UI.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck none about lore, quests, grinds? I just want 1-110 immediately so I can log in to casually pvp with a buddy in 2s. Guys it's the same god damn shit, kill x mob 10 times, bring douche douchler 6 jimjams. When I play, I see a white background in my mind as I curse my way to max level...I don't see artistry, flowers, landscape. I would be so happy if I absolutely never had to engage in a pve battle again. I don't want to waste 10 seconds of my life hitting cool downs on a murgle gurgle, or a damned Naga. Dude I am old and salty, 5 years ago I would be all excited. I miss old me, sometimes.

Sounds like you are playing the wrong game. PvP in WoW is kinda shit and you'd better off playing a game that is built around it rather than one that is built around having to PvE a bunch to get to something you enjoy.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, while I don't feel weak on my elemental shaman, I do on my marksman hunter. First thing out the gate on my marks hunter quest to get artifact weapon and I derp die. Lol. Used to having castable heals or a pet I guess. Switched talents to black arrow and it went much smoother, but now I'm sad I didn't go beast hunter. Ugh. Guess I'll be able to do that at 102? Will save any ap items I get as well to spend them in beast.

MM hunter works fine with or without pet. If you aren't having joy with lone wolf drop it and keep black arrow. The black arrow pet will let you keep your real pet alive even when sniping elites. That's how I did it up on beta anyways. Trying lone wolf and sidewinders on live now, and it is going pretty well so far. BM pet is a lot stronger, though, and it is really really good for questing at 110.

Malkav

French Madman
I think I may drop Engineering, it's kinda boring and retarded this time around. You even have to craft batteries for each use of Reaves. Only thing I'd really miss would be the Loot-A-Rang.

Oh, and of course, one of the first quest you get is to craft a module and the recipe needs some Hearty Feasts, for which the recipe is learned from cooking research with Nomi. It's completely random and nobody sells it yet on my server, so I'm completely stuck on this.

How is Jewelcrafting? My other profession being mining.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think I may drop Engineering, it's kinda boring and retarded this time around. You even have to craft batteries for each use of Reaves. Only thing I'd really miss would be the Loot-A-Rang.

Oh, and of course, one of the first quest you get is to craft a module and the recipe needs some Hearty Feasts, for which the recipe is learned from cooking research with Nomi. It's completely random and nobody sells it yet on my server, so I'm completely stuck on this.

How is Jewelcrafting? My other profession being mining.

They hotfixed the feast part btw, it now just requires the equivalent food items.

Malkav

French Madman
They hotfixed the feast part btw, it now just requires the equivalent food items.

Thank god!

Edit : Just saw a blue post saying they are thinking about adding back Engi AH to Dalaran. Good enough reason to keep the profession.

Last edited:

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit 110, capped Skinning and Leatherworking, with a truckload of quests for the last two included. I still have to do Stormheim and the chain for Suramar.
Doomhammer is advanced enough, so from now on all points go to the resto scepter.
I got tosay Val'Sharah was fucking amazing, especially the Black Rook Hold part to explore.

Malkav

French Madman
I got tosay Val'Sharah was fucking amazing, especially the Black Rook Hold part to explore.

Thinking about BRH quest line and DH order hall quest, some spoilers :

My current order hall quest line is sending my champions on missions to help the Wardens, saying that since Maiev is missing, the new leader promised to give back the Sargerei Keystone for our help. All the while, I had already rescued Maiev in BRH.

Regarding Val'Sharah story :

God damn it, I really want to kick Xavius' ass now. God damn asshole. :(