World of Warcraft: Classic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I remember ST being nearly impossible to get a group going for. I don't remember any choice items from it and the place was really remote to get to. But I otherwise liked it a lot.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I remember ST being nearly impossible to get a group going for. I don't remember any choice items from it and the place was really remote to get to. But I otherwise liked it a lot.

This. It was in a poor place of being just before good pre-raid dungeons that dropped pre-raid BiS gear like Scholo and Strat, and most people just didn't bother with it because they were soon on to running those places over and over in like 3-4 levels. It would have gotten a lot more play if it had a higher level boss in it somewhere that dropped items similar in power to BRD/Scholo/Strat items.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember I still ran Strath even in full t2 gear just for the small chance of the Deathcharger mount, it had something like .02% drop rate. I only saw 1 person who had it on alliance in my server.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right ST had the unfortunate design of being a stepping stone dungeon that was too far out of the way and too long with minimal quests. Still a great dungeon

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sunken Temple is one of the best dungeons in the game imo, I highly recommend going out of your way to check it out and do the quests associated with it. It's one of my favs, and the remote location just adds to how cool it is!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sunken Temple is also one of my favorites.

Temple of Atal'Hakkar. Lot of Gurubashi lore leading up to Zul'Gurub. It was meant for level 50 to 56, but I remember doing it between 46-52. The clusters of mobs required a lot of CC, but you walked out after 2 hours with a bunch of xp and gear. Most gear had a level 49 requirement. There was also some nature resist gear in there that you'd get for AQ.

Recall once duo'ing the instance with my mage and a warlock at level 60. That was fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I liked ST but it being in the middle of BFE didn't help it's popularity.
Exactly what drove me to it. Mage on pvp server running mostly solo, you tend to hide in the extended areas. Swamp of Sorrows, Feralas (or maybe Felwood, Feralas became mad popular after Dire Maul), Hinterlands, Winterspring. Don't think I saw anyone in Swamp of Sorrows that wasn't in my party going to ST. I leveled up on mobs alone from 58 to 60 in Winterspring and never saw another person in that time.

Strangely, I don't even remember leveling up my druid in vanilla. It happened 10x faster. PVE server, knew the routes, large quest hubs. I guess I remember collecting papers in STV? That's a lame memory...

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Classic beta is effectively a sand box thanks to the level cap. This video is a great example of players creating their own content to fill the void.

Star Wars Galaxies was the same, the drama and the player made narratives in that game were unreal

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I liked pretty much all of the classic dungeons. AQ maybe killed mauradon a bit for me.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mauradon was just one of those dungeons that I never had a run in that wasn't a total fucking shit show. So I was always, "When god? When will this end?" when I was doing it. It being ginormous and in BFE didn't help.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Exactly what drove me to it. Mage on pvp server running mostly solo, you tend to hide in the extended areas. Swampy of Sorrows, Feralas (or maybe Felwood, Feralas became mad popular after Dire Maul), Hinterlands, Winterspring. Don't think I saw anyone in Swamp of Sorrows that wasn't in my party going to ST. I leveled up on mobs alone from 58 to 60 in Winterspring and never saw another person in that time.

Strangely, I don't even remember leveling up my druid in vanilla. It happened 10x faster. PVE server, knew the routes, large quest hubs. I guess I remember collecting papers in STV? That's a lame memory...

Hinterlands is one of my favorite zones. That place with the outdoor type troll dungeon was badass. I also liked Winterspring a lot. I never liked Felwood or Un'Goro.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Mauradon was just one of those dungeons that I never had a run in that wasn't a total fucking shit show. So I was always, "When god? When will this end?" when I was doing it. It being ginormous and in BFE didn't help.

Mauradon was designed like the inside of an ant hill.

It was so bad, but you were forced to run it for da L00T5.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maraudon and ST got tons of play time on my chars in vanilla as a lot of people wanted to see the hakkar story line with the egg, emerald dream dragons etc.

Now Uldaman, that was BFE and a classic fustercluck. Starting mobs in the mid 30's, and final boss low 50's? Miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss. That was way worse than the tubgirl princess in Maraudon was.

• 1Like