World of Warcraft: Classic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
BoozeCube BoozeCube "look at all these buffs and consumes that private servers are popping"

Chris Chris "HA WE WERE DOING THAT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO ALONG WITH SKIPPING THE FIRST PACK IN MC, LOOK HERE'S MY EXPANSION ACHIEVEMENT THAT PROVES HOW L337 I WAS IN VANILLA"

Hahaha Chris Chris you've been on ignore since I tired of your Brexit stupidity. I'm doing you the favour of letting you know. Pointing out another example of your stupidity was worth letting you know that your past and future posts are on ignore, lol

I mean, seriously, you're bragging about speed clearing lvl 60 content at lvl 70 or whatever level you get that achievement? lol

And no I didn't play any expansions so I don't give a shit if it's some kind of retroactive award LOL

• 2Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm gonna blow all you retards out of the water

In vanilla I cleared BRD fully 3 different times in one night and I only cried one single time

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Mic Drop
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
BoozeCube BoozeCube "look at all these buffs and consumes that private servers are popping"

Chris Chris "HA WE WERE DOING THAT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO ALONG WITH SKIPPING THE FIRST PACK IN MC, LOOK HERE'S MY EXPANSION ACHIEVEMENT THAT PROVES HOW L337 I WAS IN VANILLA"

Hahaha Chris Chris you've been on ignore since I tired of your Brexit stupidity. I'm doing you the favour of letting you know. Pointing out another example of your stupidity was worth letting you know that your past and future posts are on ignore, lol

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm gonna blow all you retards out of the water

In vanilla I cleared BRD fully 3 different times in one night and I only cried one single time
Crying continuously for the duration of 2 and a half runs does count as one time.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
WHY DOES EVERYTHING RUN WHEN IT'S LOW???

You ever have a Froglok run off on you in L Guk and you already know you are fucked. Now comes this assassin fucker with his FBSS on ready to slam your dick in the dirt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
These are just some examples of what to expect out of the ultra hard core guilds going into Classic. What level of prep is reasonable and what is too much? This is actually a decent question I would be interested in your guys thoughts.

Onyxia, ZG and DMT are the main ones but on Northdale you can hand in the Ony/Nef head whenever you want. Apparently there was a respawn in vanilla. ZG persisted through death until 1.12, so not sure if it will do so in classic.

People get Songflower by waiting for the respawn and all clicking it at the same time, no idea if that will be possible in classic.

Getting DMT takes about 15mins to clear and about 10mins to run to the King and run out if someone else cleared it for you. DMF is obviously not up all the time and only extremely autist DPS get Warchiefs.

They definitely make a difference/cheese the encounters. KT was ez-mode fully world buffed

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ya ony/nef head could only go up every few hours. I want to say 6 but some people say 12, not sure which it is. No way are you coordinating with other guilds on the server when the best time is to get the buff for you specifically, etc.

I don't know about the songflowers though, we never did it in vanilla even though we knew about them. I'm like 98% certain they didn't share like they do on pservers (even if you loot @ same time). Once they're tapped, they're tapped. Just like any other node.

If you wanna be a real dick just hit every vein and don't loot it so nobody else can either.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You ever have a Froglok run off on you in L Guk and you already know you are fucked. Now comes this assassin fucker with his FBSS on ready to slam your dick in the dirt.

What i found more terrifying was one running on you in Sebilis if you were camping zone out. They'd path down to jail/mushrooms when they ran. Also a good time.

• 1Salty

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Onyxia, ZG and DMT are the main ones but on Northdale you can hand in the Ony/Nef head whenever you want. Apparently there was a respawn in vanilla. ZG persisted through death until 1.12, so not sure if it will do so in classic.

People get Songflower by waiting for the respawn and all clicking it at the same time, no idea if that will be possible in classic.

Getting DMT takes about 15mins to clear and about 10mins to run to the King and run out if someone else cleared it for you. DMF is obviously not up all the time and only extremely autist DPS get Warchiefs.

They definitely make a difference/cheese the encounters. KT was ez-mode fully world buffed

I think I found the problem.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Also, why hasn't anyone talked about how annoying daze was in Vanilla?

Best day of my WoW life was when they removed that shit.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
They never removed that shit. It's still aids, but at least in vanilla it was aids cause it was deadly.

Now it's aids because it only exists to slow you down and you can't possibly die from 1-2 mobs unless you're missing 2 hands and eyes

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I still think Dead Man Floating when I see DMF. I am broken.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So the layering thing is going to be interesting to see. So what seems to be common practice on the beta is logging out of your main and logging into an alt which seems to have a high likelyhood of being on a new layer.. Log back into your main and you are on the new layer. This seems to be used to either layer into a better questing area one that is free of people, or the other is to double up on resources. So lets say you come across some black lotus you can layer to hit it again. It seems like this could be useful for leveling in that people will use this to avoid as many players as possible, then again if it's common knowledge will it be damaging in its own way? I don't see this being as big a deal with resources but I could be wrong.

The other thing that I am curious about is how large of a concurrent population they will allow. It sounds as if the old Vanilla servers were limited by hardware and only allowed 2-3k players per realm. The private servers allow like 15k which is aids level.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So the layering thing is going to be interesting to see. So what seems to be common practice on the beta is logging out of your main and logging into an alt which seems to have a high likelyhood of being on a new layer.. Log back into your main and you are on the new layer. This seems to be used to either layer into a better questing area one that is free of people, or the other is to double up on resources. So lets say you come across some black lotus you can layer to hit it again. It seems like this could be useful for leveling in that people will use this to avoid as many players as possible, then again if it's common knowledge will it be damaging in its own way? I don't see this being as big a deal with resources but I could be wrong.

The other thing that I am curious about is how large of a concurrent population they will allow. It sounds as if the old Vanilla servers were limited by hardware and only allowed 2-3k players per realm. The private servers allow like 15k which is aids level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only applies to starter zones and they're removing it after launch right?

Those two things together make it seem like it won't be worth figuring out a way to exploit it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only applies to starter zones and they're removing it after launch right?

Those two things together make it seem like it won't be worth figuring out a way to exploit it.

No it doesn't apply just to starter zones it is server wide for all zones. So lets say Realm A you log in and you are in Layer 1 it fills up with 3k/3k players game starts layer 2 until it fills up to 3k/3k then layer 3 starts and so on. So lets say you are in STV on Layer 1 it's overfully full people quest mobs are camped like crazy so you log out log into a fresh alt get put in Layer 3 log back into your main and he's on layer 3 with fewer people in STV.

ut1byz022fy21.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But doesn't that illustration point out that layering will not be permanent and won't be in beyond the first few weeks and the first few starter zones?

I have a feeling that Blizzard will cap realms somewhere between vanilla (3k) and the private servers (15k) to maintain community and not have ridiculous login queues. If I had to guess, I would assume each realm will have a 5k-6k player max which will make it feel VERY alive and populated (especially when compared to 2005) yet not overload a realm and make it feel crowded and hopeless to play on, or have an economy, or a community.

But, they've done plenty of stupid shit over the years, so who knows...

• 1Like