World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also, what retard thought spell batching (artificial lag) was a good idea. It's 2019, not 2004 - just accept that the internet is faster and adjust accordingly

I didn't mind it too much as dps but holy FUCK spell batching on heals HAS to go, not only does it eat your cast and mana if somebody dies, but it will show that you healed them after they died.

It's like playing with 900 ping at all times, it's fucking retarded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't mind it too much as dps but holy FUCK spell batching on heals HAS to go, not only does it eat your cast and mana if somebody dies, but it will show that you healed them after they died.

Yeah, it's awful. Completely fucks up with what you expect as a healer. How can he be dead? My heal went off. My heal went off.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
anyone got a solid guide to leveling up herbalism, spots to go etc im falling behind and before i get too far behind to where it takes me days to catch up i wanna get it done now so i can gather as i level and sell off the herbs, so far im lvl 28 and only at 85 herb currently cant gather in the areas i quest in so wanna nip it in the ass, figure i spend 1-2 hours now catching it up rather than kee putting it off and then doing it at some higher lvl im not gonna wanna be bothered doing 6-7 hours to catch up

The site does Classic guides for all professions. I think they are done pretty well and it's what I've been using.
I would go frost for leveling even if you don't care for the zoomer cleave bullshit. It just gives you a ton of control and survivability, and is very mana efficient later on. Having stuff like Ice Block, Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, and strong snares is great even if all you do is solo. The 6% spell hit for fire/frost spells is a must have no matter which spec you go with. You could skip the AoE talents but honestly I'd take them because Improved Cone of Cold is great and Improved Blizzard is amazing.

also there's nothing better than sitting in an Ice Block about to get ganked by a ?? player, and a couple higher level faction bros roll by on their mounts and demolish him
Excellent points. I think I was just trying to think of something that'd mix it up a bit and get me outta the Frostbolt spam funk. I think in the end, the community is much more forgiving of alternate specs like Ret Pallies, or Feral Druids. Put out some DPS and I'm sure it'd work out just fine.
That data doesn't exist, because many players no longer have their original WoW accounts because they quit before battle.net integration happened. I'd show up as a new player who never played WoW in your statistic.
There's a market for these old accounts, because you can then merge them into your B.net account, and you get all the mounts, and other account wide items. The huge selling point is that there have been confirmed people gambling on these accounts and walking away with a Black AQ mount, or other nice stuff. Unfortunately there isn't a way to tell what you'll get until after you merge them.
I haven't gotten to 30 yet because I keep trying different classes lol
Tell me about it!! I've gone so far as keep a spreadsheet with levels, on a per week basis. Have Mage, Warrior, Hunter, and Priest so far, and that should do it. However my Warrior is about to pass up my "main" Mage in levels, and Hunter may be my new "main" because they are so smooth to level.

Chris

Potato del Grande
APES world first and the same private server warrior heavy meta everyone told me only existed on the inaccurate private servers, Ossoi right again.

Classic is a joke, I did 25 man Onyxia and it was a walk in the park. Zero deep breaths.

Same in Strat live, no need for any cc even on four mob scarlet packs and a 58 rogue in the group

Nobody said that private server players were wrong, we said we knew all this information back in the day and you sounded like an asshole trying to teach experienced players how to play.

Your best asshole moment was saying that private server players could beat raids more easily because they discovered using world buffs and consumables.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But bro, nobody knew warriors were good DPS and leather pieces were best in slot back in Vanilla bro. Or that mages could roll ignite for phaaaaat deeeeeeps!

And definitely nobody knew about songflower or world buffs!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm leveling up my warrior now, was going to hit 60 on my hunter, but he can slide into 60 easy from farming shit now. Most people in my guild are a good 20 levels behind anyway, so I'll lap them and save the day to tank for ZF and Mara when they there.

Fuck hunters, at least until there some kind of fix. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the class to figure out exactly what is going on, not so much the FD/Trap issues, but pet threat is unreliable. I know for a fact that there is a major issue with pets being able to tag/aggro moving npc's for me, I even have the points in pet move speed, pet still runs along with mobs like they best friends. If pet is on defensive, it will sit where the mob died for a few seconds, and usually that's enough time for another to aggro him. Have to run off mobs because you overwhelmed? Shit will chase your pet halfway across the zone like EQ, no matter how many times I FD. Rare occasions the threat from pet will dump onto me after a FD. I recall my vanilla hunter leveling experience being easier than a combat rogue, I'm just annoyed and irritated all the time, I don't remember most of this being an issue at all.

Warrior will be my main class, just went hunter first for a decent farmer, and warriors are torture starting fresh, easier for me to level another class to support it first. At least with warrior shit is black and white, kill or be killed, I'm finding it much more relaxing, outside tanking instances with a bunch of random twerps. I'm used to that shit from tanking most of WotLK.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
To change the topic a bit, im having troubles with huntard PvP, namely the 1v1 vs melee. Ive tried all sorts of macro setups to get feign death and traps to work but it jsut does not. Looking into this I see people complaining about this issue on main forums. Basically when I get a melee on me I cant do shit. For those of you that play or played a huntard int the past, how did you solve this riddle?

In the grand scheme of thing I dont really give a shit, but jsut from what im seeing I have no counter to any melee that gets on my ass, usually when im fighting a mob too. WTF good are traps if you cant lay them down in combat? Most stupid thing ever. The disengage thing does not seem to work either.

Hunters are kinda broken, lots of folks told them about the fd/trap bnot working, they didn't fix it. Bunch of stuff is wack about hunters, especially pets. But, better than retail.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>

Yep. Lost at least two BoPs to that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean for raids. Fury warriors are best DPS, everyone here told me private server meta wouldn't translate to classic

This is amusing, our Vanilla guild had 3 fury warriors that always wrecked face, more than those 3 at certain times but they were the constant. Not sure I'd call it private server meta, people knew about it 15 years ago, too.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This is amusing, our Vanilla guild had 3 fury warriors that always wrecked face, more than those 3 at certain times but they were the constant. Not sure I'd call it private server meta, people knew about it 15 years ago, too.
Oh my god, you mean warriors can do okay damage?!

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Mostly listen in the background. Yes, there is a lot of BS, but he's also quite knowledgeable about the game.
He cost himself a Rag kill his first raid because literally zero of the forty people present had any of the aqual quintessence quests or items... there’s no facepalm big enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
He cost himself a Rag kill his first raid because literally zero of the forty people present had any of the aqual quintessence quests or items... there’s no facepalm big enough.
I didn't watch/hear that first raid but he was talking about it afterwards. He claimed later it was intentional because he didn't think they could do it that day. He acts a lot and it's pretty easy to see through.