World of Warcraft: Classic

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
the whole P server BS is funny cause they act like they discovered new shit when really all they know is 1.12.. its not like fury as insane before the warrior agro changes and fury revamp but they act like we were all dumbass for not using fury in vanilla MC. This version they gave us isn't vanilla, its an easier version with tons of changes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Show me mages battling warlocks over dreadmist for int / sta cause there was no spellpower and then maybe i'll say it's close to vanilla. 1.12 ain't.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the whole P server BS is funny cause they act like they discovered new shit when really all they know is 1.12.. its not like fury as insane before the warrior agro changes and fury revamp but they act like we were all dumbass for not using fury in vanilla MC. This version they gave us isn't vanilla, its an easier version with tons of changes.

The all they know is 1.12 is the key there. That's why classic right now isn't vanilla, too.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean for raids. Fury warriors are best DPS, everyone here told me private server meta wouldn't translate to classic
I guess that's why the first Rag kill had mostly mages for dps, because fury warrior meta is so real.

• 1Picard
  • 1Truth!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't watch/hear that first raid but he was talking about it afterwards. He claimed later it was intentional because he didn't think they could do it that day. He acts a lot and it's pretty easy to see through.
Yeah I admit I actually watched that, and if he really said that, that was one big fat lie. He was dumbfounded when he figured out that Rag wasn't happening that night, then he spent the next 10 minutes asking around and looking up what they'd need to do tomorrow in order to make Rag. He literally didn't know how the runes worked.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm leveling up my warrior now, was going to hit 60 on my hunter, but he can slide into 60 easy from farming shit now. Most people in my guild are a good 20 levels behind anyway, so I'll lap them and save the day to tank for ZF and Mara when they there.

Fuck hunters, at least until there some kind of fix. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the class to figure out exactly what is going on, not so much the FD/Trap issues, but pet threat is unreliable. I know for a fact that there is a major issue with pets being able to tag/aggro moving npc's for me, I even have the points in pet move speed, pet still runs along with mobs like they best friends. If pet is on defensive, it will sit where the mob died for a few seconds, and usually that's enough time for another to aggro him. Have to run off mobs because you overwhelmed? Shit will chase your pet halfway across the zone like EQ, no matter how many times I FD. Rare occasions the threat from pet will dump onto me after a FD. I recall my vanilla hunter leveling experience being easier than a combat rogue, I'm just annoyed and irritated all the time, I don't remember most of this being an issue at all.

Warrior will be my main class, just went hunter first for a decent farmer, and warriors are torture starting fresh, easier for me to level another class to support it first. At least with warrior shit is black and white, kill or be killed, I'm finding it much more relaxing, outside tanking instances with a bunch of random twerps. I'm used to that shit from tanking most of WotLK.

I notice all this shit too, I dont really remember back 13-15 yrs ago but something def feels off about shit.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I notice all this shit too, I dont really remember back 13-15 yrs ago but something def feels off about shit.
Only thing I recall being an issue really was when you were a level or 3 to the next rank of growl, now it feels that way all the time. That's another thing, growl gets resisted like crazy, even on shit lower level.

Put me in a group, and I forget to take growl off? Shit works flawlessly.

I was reading we are using the Cata version of FD too, dunno if that rumor. I've gotten into the habit of keeping my finger away from Rclick when I hit FD, no more issues other than the occasional resist.

Switched to MM anyway, never liked BM, if my pet gonna be a cripple no point in being BM. Thunderstomp does more threat than back in the day, so I won't complain about that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the lack of difficulty also massively comes from the fact that areas are totally overcamped. I remember many places were pretty dangerous because you could always get adds, for example Wastewander Justice had stealthed mobs and at full spawn some of these camps were very risky pulls. Now it doesn't matter, if you get an add and don't tag it, someone will take it from you within 5 seconds.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
the lack of difficulty also massively comes from the fact that areas are totally overcamped. I remember many places were pretty dangerous because you could always get adds, for example Wastewander Justice had stealthed mobs and at full spawn some of these camps were very risky pulls. Now it doesn't matter, if you get an add and don't tag it, someone will take it from you within 5 seconds.

def feeling this for sure.

I was ahead of the pack questing in felwood before I had to take 2 days off (more like one day and half a 2nd day - fucked up my shoulder doing yard work and playing 12 hours a day wasn't helping)

those satyr camps were unbelievably hard to pull, and they respawned really quickly, go back there today to farm for some runes and cloth and there's like 30 fuckin people lol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I guess that's why the first Rag kill had mostly mages for dps, because fury warrior meta is so real.

And that the first Rag kill was determined by who in APES could level the fastest.

And that Rag isn't the end boss of WoW, so rolling a class based on who does the most damage to Rag is pretty silly.

And that week 1 isn't enough time to farm Dal'Rends for all your melee.

It's irrelevant how many people here played a Fury Warrior 15 years ago, half this thread spent the months pre-release telling me private server code was irrelevant. When actually Private Server dungeons and raids were a damn sight more challenging/enjoyable than this abomination called Classic.

With some decent T2+ gear on Northdale you could start doing 3-4 man Strat Live runs to increase your chances of getting Orbs, with the current difficulty people will be 3 manning it within with a few pices of T1 gear.

Last edited:
  • 1Potato
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't Ossoi Ossoi like banned for a bit for a failed bet? Sad that month went by so fast I barely noticed it.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I finally made Kurnidor, the superior dorf paladin. Level 2!

meet me outside ironforge if you want an ass kicking

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
And that the first Rag kill was determined by who in APES could level the fastest.

And that Rag isn't the end boss of WoW, so rolling a class based on who does the most damage to Rag is pretty silly.

And that week 1 isn't enough time to farm Dal'Rends for all your melee.

It's irrelevant how many people here played a Fury Warrior 15 years ago, half this thread spent the months pre-release telling me private server code was irrelevant. When actually Private Server dungeons and raids were a damn sight more challenging/enjoyable than this abomination called Classic.

With some decent T2+ gear on Northdale you could start doing 3-4 man Strat Live runs to increase your chances of getting Orbs, with the current difficulty people will be 3 manning it within with a few pices of T1 gear.

Nobody cares about your private server memoirs.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is spell batching also responsible for the massive delay you get between your target dropping below 20% and execute actually working?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching sodapoppin grind furbolgs has me feeling all the nostalgia today even if that sucked ass.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
This one was dedicated too. He got me running onto the ramp for the boat, and I ended up missing the boat, so I get back up and wait the long ass time for the boat. I had an inkling he was still around, and so I did small short steps to get on the next boat, but even that wasn't enough and I went into the drink again. I have to admire a man that dedicated to his craft.

Does it turn you in the air if you jump?