World of Warcraft: Classic

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same on Sulfuras, got unlayered today i think.

WoWScrnShot_102319_003333.jpg

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Yep Mankrik is the same, was a 500 person queue after they merged layers last night. The handful of servers that still have layers have vastly more people than the rest though due to streamer influence and whatever else so it’s going to be interesting when layers are removed for them. And by interesting I mean “back to 11,000 queues”.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck the queues, I mean, they are bad, sure. But this essentlially means outdoor farming or leveling up alts of any kind is dead with merge.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Fuck the queues, I mean, they are bad, sure. But this essentlially means outdoor farming or leveling up alts of any kind is dead with merge.

If they're being honest when they say whitemane has been down to only 2 layers for a while now then it's really not going to impact levelling alts, at least at the lower levels. My warlock only just got to 20 but I ran into virtually nobody at any of the places I was grinding in barrens. There were a couple other people at the syndicate guys in hillsbrad the other day but nowhere near enough to even result in any sort of competition over the jailers or the regular mobs.

Honor will make it a shitshow levelling alts, though, unless you go to areas that nobody is going to bother bringing their 60s to for easy kills and i'm not even sure that's possible past a certain point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make Mage, Warlock, Priest, Shaman, or Warrior and just do the aoe group thing starting about level 30 in sm gy!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they're being honest when they say whitemane has been down to only 2 layers for a while now then it's really not going to impact levelling alts, at least at the lower levels. My warlock only just got to 20 but I ran into virtually nobody at any of the places I was grinding in barrens. There were a couple other people at the syndicate guys in hillsbrad the other day but nowhere near enough to even result in any sort of competition over the jailers or the regular mobs.

Honor will make it a shitshow levelling alts, though, unless you go to areas that nobody is going to bother bringing their 60s to for easy kills and i'm not even sure that's possible past a certain point.

even in the 40s it hasn’t been bad

nisser

Trakanon Raider
That's because the vast majority of most servers are now 50+. Even 60s are too busy farming their items right now. Come phase 2, if you haven't capped you'll be farmed non-stop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
open world PVP has been incredibly tame. Back then, STV actually deserved its reputation. Today Alliance and Horde peacefully quest next to each other on contested spawns like the Venture Co miners for singing blue shards. That didn't happen back then. It was rare enough for players to avoid a fight because it was out of the way. If they actually competed for mobs with you? Fight.

"Red = Dead" is something only fucking tryhards say on reddit today, that was actually what the majority of players back then lived.

Honor system is gonna be a rude awakening. Especially for players who give honor to 60s. Where will you level that is so out of the way they won't find you? Silithus? Grind 50 to 60 in Silithus...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Honor system is gonna be a rude awakening. Especially for players who give honor to 60s. Where will you level that is so out of the way they won't find you? Silithus? Grind 50 to 60 in Silithus...

This lol.

Glad I'll have my two mains maxed by then.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I really don't care about pvp at the moment with no honor involved. So much so that I'm not even close to being pvp spec.

That said I still kill warriors, rogues and hunters cause they just get rooted and look stupid.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Alright. Due to me needing to take a step away from raiding (and the game almost as a whole) due to unexpected changes in my work, I want to try to encourage replacements, so...

Anyone from the forums that rolls onto Whitemane Horde with the intent of raiding with the guild:
I'll pay for your level 40 mount.

Provided once you hit 40, up to 3 people, and hunters are ineligible. Tag me here in this thread once you start, and again (or just pm) once you hit 40.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
lol my server. Goddamn. I hit 60 with 400g and started PP farming BRD while looking for groups for Ony key dragons, and scholo / strat / DM for BiS gear.

I got my fucking epic mount before I completed my ony key. Finding groups is so terrible here.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Alright. Due to me needing to take a step away from raiding (and the game almost as a whole) due to unexpected changes in my work, I want to try to encourage replacements, so...

Anyone from the forums that rolls onto Whitemane Horde with the intent of raiding with the guild:
I'll pay for your level 40 mount.

Provided once you hit 40, up to 3 people, and hunters are ineligible. Tag me here in this thread once you start, and again (or just pm) once you hit 40.

Can this philanthropic endeavor be applied to current raiders and epic mounts? :D