World of Warcraft: Classic

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would you deal with the - I assume a large portion - of the players that only wants to play classic and classic only? You can not patch them to the TBC level telling them "well just stay 60 lol".

Also TBC patch level is way more difficult. I forgot the patch number but there was a 180 degree patch removing a lot of the key requirements for raids and also makig the game way easier but also implementing a lot of class and balancing changes and removing some iconic quests (Hand of a'dal I remember, Champion of the Naaru? Too long ago...). If you start with the exciting and difficult early patchlevel you are also in for a really ugly minmax situation classwise. Will be interesting to see what they are planning.
I think the patch you are referring to is 3.0 which introduced all of the Lich King changes and made things quite a bit easier. I remember because I got my hand of Adal title the weekend before that patch went live and removed it. I doubt they would start TBC with that.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think the patch you are referring to is 3.0 which introduced all of the Lich King changes and made things quite a bit easier.
Attunement changes for raids was in 2.4, with 2.3 bringing a lot of changes and speeding up the leveling 20 to 60.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay, that’s probably accurate then. I still don’t think they’ll start with that patch but who knows.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wasn't there some rumor about TBC being announced soon and launching 2nd quarter?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i saw this earlier in the week if thats what youre talking about

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Either way its gonna end up badly. If they just add TBC to existing servers, the classic only crowd will lose their shit. If they make new servers that start at TBC it will just split the population even more. And theres already some dead servers. I dont see them splitting the servers though. Moving to TBC would be the better option.
Smart thing to do would to be keep classic servers and allow you to copy over your classic char to a tbc server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Smart thing to do would to be keep classic servers and allow you to copy over your classic char to a tbc server.

Seems like the most logical way to handle it. However, they'll probably fuck it up and there will be a bug that lets people copy, rename, then copy again over and over to completely fuck the TBC server economies.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
One of the suggestions I saw that I really hope goes in is a sort of pre-patch period where people can make and level Blood Elf Paladins and Draenai Shaman. Just starting out massively behind everyone else in the guild is no bueno.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the suggestions I saw that I really hope goes in is a sort of pre-patch period where people can make and level Blood Elf Paladins and Draenai Shaman. Just starting out massively behind everyone else in the guild is no bueno.
That would be dumb and go against the rules of a classic server. Not even EQ lets you do that.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
May sounds optimistic but Nax came earlier as I thought. It's a 100% go for me, I have fond memories of BC plus i have a huge playlist to go along.
I think they will upgrade all server with BC, and annonce another classic server in the distance future.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
sort of pre-patch period where people can make and level Blood Elf Paladins and Draenai Shaman.

blood-elves-blood-elves-everywhere.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm

Likely be the other way around. All servers will progress to TBC but they'll be an option to move your character to a Classic only server. That way they have to move less characters and the mass exodus of players to TBC won't leave servers decimated.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Likely be the other way around. All servers will progress to TBC but they'll be an option to move your character to a Classic only server. That way they have to move less characters and the mass exodus of players to TBC won't leave servers decimated.

I would be shocked if this isn't exactly what happens. The amount of players who do not want to progress to TBC is going to be a lot less than people who want to continue on.

They will possibly make new servers you can optionally one way transfer your character to that will never move off classic.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would be shocked if this isn't exactly what happens. The amount of players who do not want to progress to TBC is going to be a lot less than people who want to continue on.

They will possibly make new servers you can optionally one way transfer your character to that will never move off classic.
people really want to just raid Naxx forever?

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But what exactly is it you do in a full set of Naxx BIS? You stop logging in, right? At least that character.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After playing numerous EQ TLPs and grinding out Kunark and playing the shit out of WoW Classic/WotLK I much rather play Kunark then farm Naxx forever lol.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some purists consider Classic to be the pinnacle of PVP, so they figure they’ll do that forever.

• 1Worf