Potato del Grande
fohbundyktdown.jpg

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Horde Whitemane and I think they'll take you as a "casual" or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is Classic just a bunch of fury warriors claiming all the loot and jerking off about their DPS?

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anything you make at this point keep in mind for TBC. It’ll be here sooner rather than later at this point.
Look me up on Falstaff when you see me online I’ll hook you up with some gold.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
You guys think they're going to implement TBC on the existing classic servers? I had always assumed Blizzard would announce it as part of a 2nd set of classic servers that they would be progression based in order to squeeze out another years worth of classic subs and to give them time from Shadowlands launch to finalize what they need to get TBC rolled out. I'm sure there would be a vocal group of players that might take issue if the server they were billed as "classic" ended up moving into expansions they didn't want to go to (for whatever reason).

I'd love to play a WoW progression server, provided it's on some kind of sped up timetable. I quit classic pretty early on when I made a rogue and very quickly realized how warrior-meta it had become.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think the go button is when there's a huge dip in Classic subs or 4th quarter of this year, whichever happens first. The rumors about getting TBC in May seem incredibly optimistic but if that's what we get than that's fine with me.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no desire to level up another character in classic. If existing servers don’t just add on TBC I don’t know how much motivation I’d have to play. It’s not like you get a new 1-60 leveling experience.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Either way its gonna end up badly. If they just add TBC to existing servers, the classic only crowd will lose their shit. If they make new servers that start at TBC it will just split the population even more. And theres already some dead servers. I dont see them splitting the servers though. Moving to TBC would be the better option.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Would hope that they could make separate TBC servers but allow for character copies to them. But that’s some wishful thinking for sure.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would hope that they could make separate TBC servers but allow for character copies to them. But that’s some wishful thinking for sure.
That's what some people think ideal, but it really isn't. Who is going to play their 60 on classic parallel to the 70 copy on TBC? One of those characters will be dead after a week of realizing how much time it is to double raid.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That's what some people think ideal, but it really isn't. Who is going to play their 60 on classic parallel to the 70 copy on TBC? One of those characters will be dead after a week of realizing how much time it is to double raid.
How would you deal with the - I assume a large portion - of the players that only wants to play classic and classic only? You can not patch them to the TBC level telling them "well just stay 60 lol".

Also TBC patch level is way more difficult. I forgot the patch number but there was a 180 degree patch removing a lot of the key requirements for raids and also makig the game way easier but also implementing a lot of class and balancing changes and removing some iconic quests (Hand of a'dal I remember, Champion of the Naaru? Too long ago...). If you start with the exciting and difficult early patchlevel you are also in for a really ugly minmax situation classwise. Will be interesting to see what they are planning.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would you deal with the - I assume a large portion - of the players that only wants to play classic and classic only? You can not patch them to the TBC level telling them "well just stay 60 lol".
"You think you do, but you don't"?

I don't see them adding a third type of WoW to the battle.net app. TBC is gonna be a thing just because subscription numbers in TBC exploded even more.

I mean what else are you gonna play? Shitlands?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see them adding a third type of WoW to the battle.net app.
They hired some people from SOE/Daybreak (Holly of all people), and many people think they are going to at least try either some sort of time locked progression servers (TLP), or even seasonal servers. I can totally see them merging some classic servers to a "classic forever" pool and having server transfers to either that or a TBC upgrade pool, or even make a "new character at 58" pool.

They already implemented a system where your installation can have multiple clients with their settings and addons with the game content stored in a central pool. Adding clients to that for TBC/WotLK is totally a no-brainer.

To be fair, I am quite itching to play TBC, but even if I'd level now I'd have to level a blood elf paladin from level 1 once it releases. I hope they at least implement the "30% less exp for leveling" 1-60 though.

• 1Like