World of Warcraft: Classic

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That's when you roll up with your posse for protection. Then it escalates when the other guy gets his posse. Then before long the whole zone is littered with bodies.

Or go play CURRENT_YEAR wow and fly up into the sky on your mount so you never have to interact with anyone, ever. That's how Blizzard wants MMOs to work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would but I have no posse because its an EMU and I am level 17. We did try and swarm some 30s that were ganking us teens but it went poorly. Was fun though.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
How will this be different in official Vanilla on a pvp server?

It won't, so don't play on a PVP server. Most of these private servers don't have any PVE option. Classic will.

Open world Vanilla PVP, as fabled as it is, is and always has been absolute garbage. And don't say: But mah epic Tarren Mill battlezzzzz.... fuck off.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
It’s good for like two weeks when it’s all similarly-leveled people fighting each other naturally as a result of questing in the same area. After that when bored higher levels go harass people that can’t properly fight back is when it becomes garbage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
World pvp sorta worked in vanilla because you had mega guilds on both sides because of the 40 man raid requirement, and a lot of downtime between raids, so you'd coordinate battles between factions. One of my most memorable encounters was as Alliance taking down Nathanos when two horde guilds tried to gank us in the process - we wiped them out continually while tanking Nathanos. Had similar experiences with Kazzak and the green dragon's. There was also the time we held the zeppelin tower in STV back when guards wouldn't go up the tower. Defending South Shore only existed when you had to go to AV via instance portal.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
It won't, so don't play on a PVP server. Most of these private servers don't have any PVE option. Classic will.

Open world Vanilla PVP, as fabled as it is, is and always has been absolute garbage. And don't say: But mah epic Tarren Mill battlezzzzz.... fuck off.
The only time it was even remotely enjoyable was running through Badlands(?) to get to MC and having to fight off gank squads of Alliance guilds that shared the same raid night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I played on a pvp server and it was never my experience for a level 60 to spend a week camping a low level zone. Maybe I got lucky but it sounds pathetic and I never ran into it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I remember once running from Arathi to Badlands but forgetting to grab the FP in Kargath.

FML

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
MMO PvP has been mostly shit for any MMO. A few games stand out, but those games were built for PvP.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I played on a pvp server and it was never my experience for a level 60 to spend a week camping a low level zone. Maybe I got lucky but it sounds pathetic and I never ran into it.
It absolutely happened. My small pvp crew would swoop in to clean those losers up fairly often from zones like Arathi Highlands, STV etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Those zones have major traffic. This is pretty far out for an alliance. Seems boring but to each their own.

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
@a_skeleton_03 These folks are likely some of the mouth breathers who troll low level people just trying to level. Why else would they defend it at all?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Pvp in wow has always been shit

In Vanilla, realistically, yeah. I can't speak for when they put in arenas, but Vanilla BGs were more fun in the sense of "let me stomp on some fools with a few of my good buddies that we outgear x10" than anything else. And especially prior to the Battlegroup setup... man, one or two groups on each side would ABSOLUTELY annihilate everyone with 5 min 3 caps and 5 min ABs while avoiding eachother. Or you were on the other side of that coin, which was total ass. And the gear was obsolete by Nef, much less AQ40.

So, yeah. PVE server, for sure. The way i currently play on Northdale is as a metagame of how much DPS can i do in a raid or a specific boss? Try to improve each week and move forward.