World of Warcraft: Classic

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, they could randomize which MC boss got which effects every pull. kind of like Chrom colors except for the whole instance.

Forget adding +hp/damage, add +random insanity. Blink & AoE on Garr adds, Gheddon bomb on Luci where there is nowhere to really run

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
You guys are finally catching on that 1.12 is garbage. The talents already make the game twice as easy but there were so many other changes and it's already a joke because everyone knows what theyre doing and will itemize correctly.

The right way to do this would be to tier the patch releases - you don't have to step all the way through them, just make sure the different stages are properly represented - and throw in some curveballs with bosses/maybe randomize or change up location of some key early itemization loot. Even if they increase difficulty some there's going to be so much extra gear and consumables that shouldn't be in the game right off.

Yeah, the professional poopsockers will be clearing MC on day 4 with lv58s in greens either way but I want my normie experience to be somewhat representative - I want raid wipes in bugged Scholomance and Tarren Mill for the first month of the honor system, not 5 man UBRS and Arathi Basin at release.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
There’s no such thing as 5 man UBRS and AB won’t be in at release, nor will any of the battlegrounds.

Trying to do progressive patches and itemization would be a shitload more work for a negligible difference in subscriptions so I get why they won’t do it. Hopefully there’s enough feedback from beta/ptr to get some difficulty tweaks of some sort implemented.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
“Tuned right” would require custom values on boss stats, more frequent mechanics, etc if the goal is to make MC challenging when everyone has 1.12 talents and gear and 16 debuff slots. Casters in 1.12 preraid bis have more spell damage than they do wearing full t1, as an example.

I’m hoping that’s what they do but right now it doesn’t seem like the plan.
Everyone keeps talking about 1.12 talents. Is there a side by side comparison somewhere how those are stronger than 1.1 ones?

Trying to do progressive patches and itemization would be a shitload more work for a negligible difference in subscriptions so I get why they won’t do it. Hopefully there’s enough feedback from beta/ptr to get some difficulty tweaks of some sort implemented.

Oh absolutely, I have to say requesting Blizzard to recode a dozen different patch levels for this server is the most unreasonable request I've read so far, and that includes some mighty dumb suggestions that have been made because of sharding.

Look, if the game is too easy, then run MC with 20 people and gear out twice as fast. If you actually raided during EQ when there were no caps on player numbers for raids, you know perfectly well how that works.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
My first Coirnav kill was a joint effort with another guild, we had like 120 people in PoWater lol. God I hated that zone as a warrior.

Plenty of guilds will either do Ony split runs or cheese the raid lockout system. If you have 30 or 35 people hearth out when Ony is at 1% and the remaining people kill her, the people who left the zone don’t get tied to the lockout. Apparently the lockout system on live still works this way so it’s unlikely it will change on Classic. Only works on raids with 1 boss though.

Split raiding MC will be tougher because some of the fights would still be challenging with 20 people due to the number of mobs to tank or banish, plus doing Rag with 20 undergeared people might not be possible.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
My first Coirnav kill was a joint effort with another guild, we had like 120 people in PoWater lol. God I hated that zone as a warrior.

Plenty of guilds will either do Ony split runs or cheese the raid lockout system. If you have 30 or 35 people hearth out when Ony is at 1% and the remaining people kill her, the people who left the zone don’t get tied to the lockout. Apparently the lockout system on live still works this way so it’s unlikely it will change on Classic. Only works on raids with 1 boss though.

Split raiding MC will be tougher because some of the fights would still be challenging with 20 people due to the number of mobs to tank or banish, plus doing Rag with 20 undergeared people might not be possible.
Do those raids lock to a raid ID or could you split parts and then recombine for other parts if it is just tracking bosses on individual characters.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Nah they lock you to the entire instance, but you can game it with Ony since she’s the only boss in the instance. If guilds split for part of MC, there’s no way to get both raids together to do Domo+Rag or whatever.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
doing Rag with 20 undergeared people might not be possible.
Depends on if they reintroduce the rep requirements for the Hydraxian essences to clear the runes. If they do you won't be summoning Majordomo+Ragnaros for a while. Split raids for the first few lockouts seem doable.

Also: Raid lockouts were on different timers, so you had always something to do on 2-3 days per week:
  • Molten Core: Every 7 Days, resetting during weekly maintenance.
  • Blackwing Lair: Every 7 Days, resetting during weekly maintenance
  • Onyxia: Every 5 Days
  • Zul'Gurub: Every 3 Days
  • Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (40-man): Every 7 Days, resetting during weekly maintenance
  • Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (20-man): Every 3 Days

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If the elementals in silithus are around when the server launches people will be able to grind to honored Hydraxian off them which is good enough to dowse the runes.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You are talking about grinding around 1600-1800 mobs, and you need 8 people with the reputation. I doubt you'll find enough poopsockers to grind out that rep out before even setting foot in MC, especially when it's faster to get the same rep in MC itself.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You are talking about grinding around 1600-1800 mobs, and you need 8 people with the reputation. I doubt you'll find enough poopsockers to grind out that rep out before even setting foot in MC, especially when it's faster to get the same rep in MC itself.

Don't underestimate the power of poopsockers.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Not to go 0-Honored, just enough to finish the grind earlier than you’d be able to relying solely on MC kills. You get 850 rep from bosses per MC clear, not counting Rag, plus about that much for trash. It’s like 1300 or something elemental kills required if you want to hit Honored in the first MC reset. It does take a while but if you’re in a group pulling everything it’s faster than you’d think.

Also you don’t need 8 people to do it, you need 1 person and a few alts parked in Azshara. Numerous guilds have done this on pretty much every private server for the last 8 years.

Origin

Molten Core Raider

Yes, you will...........................................................................................................................

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What levels are the elementals? Do you just park there with a full group of like-minded individuals and grind 56-59 or something?

The little optimization stuff that classic game servers encourage I find to be damned interesting.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You already cracked the code even not knowing the specifics of it. If the elementals are there in Silithus at release (and I can't remember if 1.12 had populated Silithus) people will grind them while leveling. This isn't complicated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You already cracked the code even not knowing the specifics of it. If the elementals are there in Silithus at release (and I can't remember if 1.12 had populated Silithus) people will grind them while leveling. This isn't complicated.
I wonder if it will be so full with people there won't be enough elementals to farm. They said they won't shard later zones.