World of Warcraft: Classic

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also down to 2 servers:

We’re currently investigating offering a number of Free Character Transfers on Season of Mastery realms, as soon as later this week.

In this region, the arrangement could look like this:

From realmTo realmType
LionheartShadowstrikeNormal
Obsidian EdgeShadowstrikeNormal
Barman ShankerJom GabbarPvP
MutanusJom GabbarPvP
NightfallJom GabbarPvP
Swamp of SorrowsJom GabbarPvP
We’ve followed community discussions on this subject very closely, and appreciate your feedback!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Also down to 2 servers:

We’re currently investigating offering a number of Free Character Transfers on Season of Mastery realms, as soon as later this week.

In this region, the arrangement could look like this:

From realmTo realmType
LionheartShadowstrikeNormal
Obsidian EdgeShadowstrikeNormal
Barman ShankerJom GabbarPvP
MutanusJom GabbarPvP
NightfallJom GabbarPvP
Swamp of SorrowsJom GabbarPvP
We’ve followed community discussions on this subject very closely, and appreciate your feedback!
So going from 8 to 2? Wtf? Or are Shadowstrike and Jom graveyards and need warm bodies?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jom and SS are the most populated 2 servers - Jom pvp and SS PvE. Seems like they are just condensing to those 2 as they are the biggest now.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SoM failed and died so fast. Yikes. At least they are taking action to try and save it a little bit unlike the first go around with Classic that had completely dead servers they did nothing with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
SoM failed and died so fast. Yikes. At least they are taking action to try and save it a little bit unlike the first go around with Classic that had completely dead servers they did nothing with.
Who coulda thought

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The 40% quest xp wasn't fast enough. They just moved over to 100% and that honestly feels better. Still had a blast leveling, and playing again (I skipped the first Classic servers). Vanilla was just a great game, it plays really well. Will I do it again after a year? No. Maybe 5? Maybe.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
PmQxGHTdLLXxnfJ9PzNrnd9PgSsAviuGFjsv4kKEnyE.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started on SoM under the assumption it would be a TLP style experience where you would progress to TBC and beyond eventually. Pretty much stopped the moment I read that you can't. Levelling a character and running various dungeons is fun but if the end-game is just doing the same raids over and over, that's just not going to retain many people. Who comes up with these ideas?

Animosity

Seasonal servers is a good idea. But there needs to be a reason to want to keep playing them. Mounts, titles etc. But they didnt give any reason to want to keep cycling through classic over and over. I always wanted EQ to do seasonal servers with different rules and rewards.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seasonal servers is a good idea. But there needs to be a reason to want to keep playing them. Mounts, titles etc. But they didnt give any reason to want to keep cycling through classic over and over. I always wanted EQ to do seasonal servers with different rules and rewards.
It's really easy isn't it? Account wide title, mount and transmog for doing a certain milestone.

How about if you kill the 4 Horsemen in Naxx you get a modern standard Scarlet Crusade set with Ashbringer (maybe other weapons for other classes) as account wide heirloom?

• 2Like

Animosity

It's really easy isn't it? Account wide title, mount and transmog for doing a certain milestone.

How about if you kill the 4 Horsemen in Naxx you get a modern standard Scarlet Crusade set with Ashbringer (maybe other weapons for other classes) as account wide heirloom?
Id even settle for some dumb ass tabard too lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
Id even settle for some dumb ass tabard too lol
I was originally going to post "give one of the tier sets revamped modern graphics" but realised that one set per class is probably too much work for such a resource starved company, so I toned it down to just one set.

But yes, a different tabard for each season is the bare minimum and people absolutly would go for it. Great idea.

What the fuck is wrong with them? Didn't they make a tabard for the Bejing Olympics lol?

Animosity

What the fuck is wrong with them? Didn't they make a tabard for the Bejing Olympics lol?
Yup and a few other things. You even got one back in the day for participating in the scourge event to open the BC portal if I recall.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that they haven't opened up achievements before Wrath is a big miss, Classic or SoM or whatever. They would keep people playing.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This whole seasonal thing jsut needed more. Big huge problem is going through all this shit again for what? Harder bosses and 1-2 more pieces of same fucking loot? Season shit not even being available until youre 60 and pre BIS? Not enough. This shit needs to be special for people to grind for a week played to hit 60 (even with the 40% exp bonus) See EQ seasonal prog servers for a clue, lol. See POE for seasonal content. There is myriad of games they can copy concepts from. This just seemed lazy as fuck.