World of Warcraft: Classic

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
And lol at all of those HC death videos. People raging. It does look fun though. Slower pace of play, more intentional, requiring you to invest in your toon and not speed race / rush everything to the top.

Also forces people to know their class which was always a toss up in groups / instances.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting griefed by kids when I only had 2 hours to play is why the PVP server killed it for me. Do they have a populated PVE server where people are leveling? I bet that would feel more productive.

Mankirk, alliance side. Thousands of active players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
And lol at all of those HC death videos. People raging. It does look fun though. Slower pace of play, more intentional, requiring you to invest in your toon and not speed race / rush everything to the top.

Also forces people to know their class which was always a toss up in groups / instances.

Yeah, none of that is true. People play the same fucked up way they always play, it's why so many die in thier teens.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bads gonna bad. Guy at just over 21 mins into the video dies due to fatigue because he's just too used to following the arrow and going where the levelling addon tells him to go. It's what happens when you outsource all of your thinking, which is a lesson some gamers (and society as a whole) could stand to learn. Using your brain and figuring shit out for yourself is way more rewarding and teaches you analytical thinking skills.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bads gonna bad. Guy at just over 21 mins into the video dies due to fatigue because he's just too used to following the arrow and going where the levelling addon tells him to go. It's what happens when you outsource all of your thinking, which is a lesson some gamers (and society as a whole) could stand to learn. Using your brain and figuring shit out for yourself is way more rewarding and teaches you analytical thinking skills.

If you go into Uldaman you are asking for death and if you fight Norgannon then you deserve it.

I feel like the right strategy is mostly open world farming with green outdoor quests. Do not go into caves or fortresses. Do overlap your grinding with profession stuff.

I guess streamers have to take the risks though.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you go into Uldaman you are asking for death and if you fight Norgannon then you deserve it.

I feel like the right strategy is mostly open world farming with green outdoor quests. Do not go into caves or fortresses. Do overlap your grinding with profession stuff.

I guess streamers have to take the risks though.

That's boring as fuck.

Most people WANT the thrill, and in case of streamers that's views right there.

When Xaryu kites the biggest elites he can on his mage or tries to kill unsnareable dragons for quests, it generates views. Farming greens outside of cities and doing ezpz quests won't

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah playing it super fucking safe is boring as fuck. I only tried that shit when doing the take no dmg challenge.

On the topic of caves, its funny that durotar is the only newbie starting zone with social aggro red con cave mobs. Every starter zone has a small cave with Kobolds or spiders or whatever for the lvl 1-4 quests. Orcs/trolls get demons who are aggro and social and call for help. At lvl 3. So if you playing HC you gotta go horde.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah playing it super fucking safe is boring as fuck. I only tried that shit when doing the take no dmg challenge.

On the topic of caves, its funny that durotar is the only newbie starting zone with social aggro red con cave mobs. Every starter zone has a small cave with Kobolds or spiders or whatever for the lvl 1-4 quests. Orcs/trolls get demons who are aggro and social and call for help. At lvl 3. So if you playing HC you gotta go horde.
NE get a demon cave too that's level 6.

So do dwarfs/ gnomes with the troll cave.

Humans have the kobold mine that is social too.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
NE get a demon cave too that's level 6.

So do dwarfs/ gnomes with the troll cave.

Humans have the kobold mine that is social too.
For ne and human, they are neutral (non aggressive) mobs and not social. You can walk from entrance to end and back and the mobs will not aggro you.

Ill be honest, i never play midget races so cant say for certain if dwarf/gnome newbie cave mobs are neutral or hostile. But other than that possibility, only orcs are real men.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
For ne and human, they are neutral (non aggressive) mobs and not social. You can walk from entrance to end and back and the mobs will not aggro you.

Ill be honest, i never play midget races so cant say for certain if dwarf/gnome newbie cave mobs are neutral or hostile. But other than that possibility, only orcs are real men.
No the demons in the cave in the middle of the NE zone is aggro, 100 percent. That's were your kill melenas for his head. ALl the dmons are aggro ans social. There's also the fulborg cave at level 9 ish that is aggro.

The human kobold mine is also aggro and social, i was there yesterday.

Hell the NE spider cave is also aggro and social.

Last edited:

Mur

Trakanon Raider

Dwarf/Gnome Have level 3 cave with Trolls, a level 6 Wendigo cave, and level 9 Troll cave. All aggro.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The night elf newbie area cave spiders are aggro in classic but get changed to neutral in WotLK.
Yeah you know i might be confusing wotlk and vanilla classic here.

For the record we are only talking about the starter area, the lvl 3 caves, not the entire starting region.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Weapons great autism about what faggot mob is the faggiest aside.

This is the best starting zone of WoW period.

01OQ6OLBOUAL1466521972018.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah you know i might be confusing wotlk and vanilla classic here.

For the record we are only talking about the starter area, the lvl 3 caves, not the entire starting region.

Yup. It's one of many changes made during WotLK. Elite quets made non-elite, a bunch of other quests get made easier like needing fewer kills, better stats on rewards etc. Doing 1-60 HC on a WotLK server is much easier than on classic as a result.

1682967679383.png

1682967519468.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Please all add me on discord jasker#9977. Getting group DMs and varied coms going for several things.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well did yogg 0 light yesterday, surprisingly only took 3 attempts.

Guess classic is over.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Been semi tempted to try HC classic but I know damn good and well at some point I am dying and it won't be worth it. Although was pretty impressive to see a full BWL clear with zero deaths, they had to have BA people hearthstone out during Vael which is kind of cheap. Everyone is world buffed and flasked to the nuts for it, no shock there.

It would be cool if Bliz embraced this kind of shit and made a SOM season that was HC and simply transfered the character to another server when you die.

• 1Like