World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
SO I just learned that this PVE server is like 14K horde and 100 Ally LOOOOOL. There goes wasted 10 hours of my life. I was wondering why the fuck it felt so empty.

View attachment 472345

Checking the list, most of the servers are like this, 90% or more skewed to one side PvP and PvE. Why the fuck even roll on a PvP server if its like this?

Those stats are all fucked up. I'm on Whitemane alliance now and it's pretty populated. Have run several pug Dead Mines so far.

Also will be going Warlock or Druid for HC since warriors and hunters have been by far the most played HC class.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Those stats are all fucked up. I'm on Whitemane alliance now and it's pretty populated. Have run several pug Dead Mines so far.

Also will be going Warlock or Druid for HC since warriors and hunters have been by far the most played HC class.
Make sure you are looking at the right data.

There is Classic Era (Vanilla servers) and Classic WOTLK. They are a completely different set of servers, hell even a different client/install.

The link you quoted is for WOTLK servers, for example.

And yes there are unofficial HC servers on both Vanilla and WOTLK, Vanilla is the far more popular version. WOTLK is ez mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that sounds gay as fuck. we were required to have a few fire pots and shit like that but that sounds like a full time job just to parse some bigger numbers no one ever gives a fuck about. Key is to down the bosses and gear the fuck up not to nerd the shit up with spreadsheets and shit, lol.

Same shit happened to grouping up way back when wow armory came out, remember that shit? Everyone wanted geared to the max characters in their groups for dumb ass 5 mans and shit. Looking players up before invites. Thats what happens when you introduce statistical displays to games, the nerds nerd the fuck out, spazz out, and cant handle it. Like why the fuck do you think I want to do this dungeon in the first place? To gear the fuck up because I dont have it lol.

Both of those are manifestations of the same problem, that being the objective of the game moving outside of the game. Players aren't playing for in-game reasons, they're playing to get bigger numbers on a third party website so their gameplay gets optimized towards that goal and large parts of the game (and other players) become just a hindrance to optimize away. It's a perverse incentive when the goal once was to play the game and have fun.
HC moves the objective back into the game because your one goal is to advance your character and not die. Game starts at level 1 again and every decision matters. Game becomes fun again.

Having a mount is quite the thing when 90%+ don't. Just making it to 20 an achievement.

1684127474411.png

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's an arbitrary goal in a game that was never even remotely intended to have such a thing. Might as well force players to only use one arm or play with their monitor upside down. Whatever floats peoples boat I guess.
I think they should have an achievement about playing only with a controller.

:trollface:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Both of those are manifestations of the same problem, that being the objective of the game moving outside of the game. Players aren't playing for in-game reasons, they're playing to get bigger numbers on a third party website so their gameplay gets optimized towards that goal and large parts of the game (and other players) become just a hindrance to optimize away. It's a perverse incentive when the goal once was to play the game and have fun.
HC moves the objective back into the game because your one goal is to advance your character and not die. Game starts at level 1 again and every decision matters. Game becomes fun again.

Having a mount is quite the thing when 90%+ don't. Just making it to 20 an achievement.

View attachment 473617
lmao i knew the average death level was low but not that low, how the fuck do hunters die? if you make it past lvl 10 you should have zero issue all the way to 60 lol

once they drop some more info on their actual HC servers i'll gauge if i want to play it or not, since SoM2 or Classic+ is going to be delayed until the fall or later like SoM originally launched for sure.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well I will be rolling on Classic+ or SOM2. Feeling that Classic WoW itch but will wait for a fresh start.

Most likely rolling Warlock.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I
lmao i knew the average death level was low but not that low, how the fuck do hunters die? if you make it past lvl 10 you should have zero issue all the way to 60 lol

once they drop some more info on their actual HC servers i'll gauge if i want to play it or not, since SoM2 or Classic+ is going to be delayed until the fall or later like SoM originally launched for sure.
I can speak to this a bit.

Grinding mobs on a hunter is the easiest shit ever, however with the hc ruleset or no trading solo self found shit , limited to one dungeon per run etc, your gear is ass.

So you start hirtting quest areas like ashenvale, the repop is completely inconsistent..sometimes mobs take 5 minutes sometimes they literally insta respawn.

So you clear your way though even con demons till a patrol of 2 of them respawn right on top of your face 30 seconds after you killed them and engaged 2 more. Now you have 4 mobs, you decide to sacrifice your pet and run, but boom first hit dazes you

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the respawn thing is real, going back to the whitemane days and the huge population. Supposedly they have some respawn system where if there is a lot of peeps around shit respawns real quick. Made places like caves and other areas deathtraps. And those hc servers are packed.

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are not respawning instantly, you are moving to another layer that had all the spawns up. That's why it's dangerous to go in caves. If you check out the death clips on the hardcore discord, there are a few deaths where people join a party when they are in they are in the cave or mine and it switches layers. they have no chance to run out, just instant death.

The hardcore addon also has challenges, some of which are killing stuff at low lvl. Gazz'uz in skull rock is 15 with a pet. you have to kill him at low level to pass the challenge. so a lot of people die in that cave. There are a bunch like that, and people die to them.

The disconnection deaths are the worst, cuz you have to petition, and have video clips of it happening and you logging back in. Most have nothing.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

Half of it is that complacency leon is talking about sure.

The other half is getting to level 10 in the first place.

Its just like infant mortality skewing life expectancies in the middle ages. No, ppl didn't just drop dead at 35, despite that being the average life expectancy. If you live past 2, odds are you lived til your 60s or 70s. Thing is, you had to make it past age 2.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They are not respawning instantly, you are moving to another layer that had all the spawns up. That's why it's dangerous to go in caves. If you check out the death clips on the hardcore discord, there are a few deaths where people join a party when they are in they are in the cave or mine and it switches layers. they have no chance to run out, just instant death.

The hardcore addon also has challenges, some of which are killing stuff at low lvl. Gazz'uz in skull rock is 15 with a pet. you have to kill him at low level to pass the challenge. so a lot of people die in that cave. There are a bunch like that, and people die to them.

The disconnection deaths are the worst, cuz you have to petition, and have video clips of it happening and you logging back in. Most have nothing.

That's not it chief, I know what changing layer looks like.

I'm talking you have dead mobs around you, corpses not looted yet, players all over, you kill a mob and you watch it respawn immediately on top of its own corpse. Nothing else changes.

There is randomness to non named spawn timers on these servers, it's a thing.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's dynamic re spawns. In classic there was a stegosaur cave in searing gorge that was like that

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea once mobs in an area are killed quickly enough, a new one (or even several) will pop as soon as another mob in the area dies. Which spawn point actually has one pop seems to be random though, it's not in the order they were killed. It's easy to have some pop right behind you. The does get a little better once you are past 20-25 and it's less crowded (or a quieter time of day).

Lot of players are just bad too, entirely used to just blindly following a leveling guide designed for twinked characters on empty servers. Need to actually think and adapt your gameplay here.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Key to this is you absolutely can't be lazy.

Roaming mob ahead of you where you're going? Kill them, don't risk a chain aggro in the worst possible moment by trying to save 10 seconds avoiding them.

Needless

Toe Sucker
you should be doing that anyway since you're limited on quests in a lot of area levels/zones in classic lol

Leon

<Silver Donator>
you should be doing that anyway since you're limited on quests in a lot of area levels/zones in classic lol

You and i know this, a lot of people playing HC do not know this. People don't know about the quest gaps and try to force themselves to do the orange/red quests in a zone after they're done with level appropriate shit.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Experiencing that now in the lvl 41-43 range. 44+ seems to be solid again for quests for a while. Not trying any guides, so maybe I missed something.

Juvarisx

Florida
Experiencing that now in the lvl 41-43 range. 44+ seems to be solid again for quests for a while. Not trying any guides, so maybe I missed something.

40-43 should be a mix of STV, Badlands, Swamp of Sorrows, and Desolace. Early 40's has always been a pain in the ass if you are not doing dungeons.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always hated early 40s for that reason. Dungeons were fine but getting to Desolace is always annoying and I have an irrational hatred for Dustwallow Marsh.