World of Warcraft: Classic

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have never seen the appeal of hardcore characters. Especially in classic where you can die to random bullshit at any time. And I wouldn't even attempt any of the murloc quests.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would enjoy something a bit less hardcore. Like a softcore, xp penalty on death lose half a level thing. So death is punished for being a risky dumbass, but not ragequit fuck this penalties on such a old game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So they hired that chick from EQ like 3 years ago to breathe new life into progression/classic and this is all they’ve come up with?
They fired one of the lead developers a few months ago.

Even with hiring someone like her its still Blizzard where overall management is retarded beyond comprehension.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's an arbitrary goal in a game that was never even remotely intended to have such a thing. Might as well force players to only use one arm or play with their monitor upside down. Whatever floats peoples boat I guess.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I have seen watching some HC type characters, most of the deaths happen from like lv1-20 where the characters are weak as fuck. Most characters from 20-40 get huge ass spikes in power and even survivability too. The challenge itself is only to get to lv 60 which cannot be that difficult if you know the ins and outs of the game and what places and quests to avoid which are sure deaths. Also you can also over level content by grinding out a level or two and just sheer power through it by being over leveled.

That being said the HC challenge that exists now which limits your trade, and dungeon crawls kinda blows IMO. I know it makes it more challenging but also ruins the spirit of the game which is multiplayer at its core. Like why cant I farm Scarlett Monastery until I have all my gear from there? But rhey do have a system where if you die to some shit like lag or disconnect, you can appeal. Im not sure Blizzard themselves will have something like this since it would be too labor intense.

Also the raid thing stands out as kinda fucked with HC, forces people to do 2-3 hour world buff a thons to keep more safe and going against monsters which can totally RNG your shit in like mindrlayers and such. Sure the challenge is there, but the fuck if im about to risk a few weeks of playtime, which is precious to me, its not like im some streamer which does this shit for a living and can jsut say fuck it, time to reroll for more content.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
From what I have seen watching some HC type characters, most of the deaths happen from like lv1-20 where the characters are weak as fuck. Most characters from 20-40 get huge ass spikes in power and even survivability too. The challenge itself is only to get to lv 60 which cannot be that difficult if you know the ins and outs of the game and what places and quests to avoid which are sure deaths. Also you can also over level content by grinding out a level or two and just sheer power through it by being over leveled.

That being said the HC challenge that exists now which limits your trade, and dungeon crawls kinda blows IMO. I know it makes it more challenging but also ruins the spirit of the game which is multiplayer at its core. Like why cant I farm Scarlett Monastery until I have all my gear from there? But rhey do have a system where if you die to some shit like lag or disconnect, you can appeal. Im not sure Blizzard themselves will have something like this since it would be too labor intense.

Also the raid thing stands out as kinda fucked with HC, forces people to do 2-3 hour world buff a thons to keep more safe and going against monsters which can totally RNG your shit in like mindrlayers and such. Sure the challenge is there, but the fuck if im about to risk a few weeks of playtime, which is precious to me, its not like im some streamer which does this shit for a living and can jsut say fuck it, time to reroll for more content.

Pretty much, which is why some dumb cunts with an addon is fine, all the streamers can circle jerk themselves post some shit videos and suck dollars away from turbo tard faggots who pay them to play games.. but Blizz bandwagoning on it is fucking retarded and gay. Honestly they need to just shut the fucking game down and move on.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
did you miss out on classic or something?

everyone did the world buff tours every single fucking week just to parse fake bullshit numbers on WCL.

Raiding with one life may in fact be aids but at least it fucking makes sense to handicap your fucking character for a week logging out in org to save your world buffs when there's actual consequences for dying.

not that i would ever raid on a HC one life server, sounds absolutely fucking retarded. I'm more commenting on your completely out of touch comment about world buffs.

fucking everyone went through the world buff slog every single fucking week so that arbitrary numbers posted on a third party website would be pink instead of gold. Think about that for second, that's how fucking gay classic raiding was. Having "one life" isn't going to force people to world buff, they were world buffing anyway for no fucking reason at all. At least now there is a reason to do it.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also the raid thing stands out as kinda fucked with HC, forces people to do 2-3 hour world buff a thons

a) it doesn't take 2-3 hours to get world buffs. Maybe an hour at most if you're part of your guilds/raid group that clears DM - and even then hunters were soloing DM and selling the tribute ID. Will Hunters be farming DM in hardcore? who knows, experienced hunters probably yes.

b) parse culture would force world buffs on non HC/non SOM servers anyway

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
did you miss out on classic or something?

everyone did the world buff tours every single fucking week just to parse fake bullshit numbers on WCL.

Raiding with one life may in fact be aids but at least it fucking makes sense to handicap your fucking character for a week logging out in org to save your world buffs when there's actual consequences for dying.

not that i would ever raid on a HC one life server, sounds absolutely fucking retarded. I'm more commenting on your completely out of touch comment about world buffs.

fucking everyone went through the world buff slog every single fucking week so that arbitrary numbers posted on a third party website would be pink instead of gold. Think about that for second, that's how fucking gay classic raiding was. Having "one life" isn't going to force people to world buff, they were world buffing anyway for no fucking reason at all. At least now there is a reason to do it.
IDK man, I never raided classic past Rag, but from memory and BoozeCube BoozeCube can confirm, we never did anything special save maybe the save vs fire buff for MC, and rag himself. If we had dragon buff we had it, but if we didnt its not like it stopped us from doing MC. I dont even think DM was even a thing yet when we did Rag. It released later.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
we sure as fuck did go out and collect every single world buff on every one of our characters every single week so we could parse in gdkps lol. Hunters had a whole fucking cottage industry set up to summon, DM buff, then portal you out afterwards. We all had alt warlocks parked at goddamn flowers in felwood even. It was fucking aids and be glad as hell you quit in the first week or whatever and didnt raid in classic.

Vanilla raiding is fucking aids with world buffs and unless SOM2 gets rid of them i'd never go back. A permadeath HC server is way less gay than standard vanilla

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
we sure as fuck did go out and collect every single world buff on every one of our characters every single week so we could parse in gdkps lol. Hunters had a whole fucking cottage industry set up to summon, DM buff, then portal you out afterwards. We all had alt warlocks parked at goddamn flowers in felwood even. It was fucking aids and be glad as hell you quit in the first week or whatever and didnt raid in classic.

Vanilla raiding is fucking aids with world buffs and unless SOM2 gets rid of them i'd never go back. A permadeath HC server is way less gay than standard vanilla
Well that sounds gay as fuck. we were required to have a few fire pots and shit like that but that sounds like a full time job just to parse some bigger numbers no one ever gives a fuck about. Key is to down the bosses and gear the fuck up not to nerd the shit up with spreadsheets and shit, lol.

Same shit happened to grouping up way back when wow armory came out, remember that shit? Everyone wanted geared to the max characters in their groups for dumb ass 5 mans and shit. Looking players up before invites. Thats what happens when you introduce statistical displays to games, the nerds nerd the fuck out, spazz out, and cant handle it. Like why the fuck do you think I want to do this dungeon in the first place? To gear the fuck up because I dont have it lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think parse culture is why I lost interest fast combined with shit just rolling over and playing dead even in ulduar.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This sounds really gay and stupid.

Can't a brotha just chill raid in Classic?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Key is to down the bosses and gear the fuck up

Exactly, so by not getting WB you're intentionally gimping yourself and 39 other people by making the raid take longer than it otherwise would.

Admittedly, it's probably overkill to insist healers get every single WB. And Alliance having to get WCB to compete with horde was lame

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This sounds really gay and stupid.

Can't a brotha just chill raid in Classic?
I guess over the years the shit is so ez that you have to put in dumb restrictions like this to make shit harder for yourself and your guild? Man IDK, wtf is wrong with people, lol?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Exactly, so by not getting WB you're intentionally gimping yourself and 39 other people by making the raid take longer than it otherwise would.

Admittedly, it's probably overkill to insist healers get every single WB. And Alliance having to get WCB to compete with horde was lame
Ahh here we go, the classic master is here to idiotsplain it to us.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ahh here we go, the classic master is here to idiotsplain it to us.

Does the benefit of the above really need idiot splaining?

• 1Moron

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
IDK man, I never raided classic past Rag, but from memory and BoozeCube BoozeCube can confirm, we never did anything special save maybe the save vs fire buff for MC, and rag himself. If we had dragon buff we had it, but if we didnt its not like it stopped us from doing MC. I dont even think DM was even a thing yet when we did Rag. It released later.

We avoided going full retard as long as we could. I never required anyone to have that shit but as time went on and parse, speed, gdkp dipshittery mentality took over it became the way to recruit and keep up.

When it was just a bunch of forum folks we were just chilling as time went on and we had to replace the ranks we moved closer and closer to the meta and even then we never went balls deep tarded like certain autistic players did.

Hours of prep time and not being able to log into your main character for days to clear Molten Core in X minutes instead of Y minutes was gayer than 6 dudes blowing 9 dudes...

For further proof of how aids and gay it was Blizzard removed it with TBC and never allowed it to come back.

• 2Like