World of Warcraft: Classic

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But do they leave Classic up with Naxx released forever? Or do they go full poopsock and "season" it for lulz?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just make a server for each expansion and let you transfer capped characters "upward" once you max em out on the current "era" and get bored of it, to get that sweet sweet transfer money. Offer half price transfers while laughing up your sleeve at charging 20-30 bucks for an automated process that's been coded for decades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Here for any shitsockers who wanna go full on Try-hard. It's going to be interesting seeing how many ultra nerds go full on super faggot on this shit. While I am all about playing this and will have fun and raid all the things I can't imagine I am going to be popping Ony heads and other retarded shit for raid clears until I am just grouping with super stupids who suck so much asshole they can't do shit without it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ain’t nobody taking ferals or moonkin to no classic raids.

Your bitch ass will spam decurse and throw your most mana efficient heal at the tank and only be allowed to hot the dps before it gets sniped by a paladin spamming flash of light while wearing full crit gear.

Faggots gonna think they can reinvent the classic min-max wheel.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think the only two things that will deter people from classic will be the horrible retarded class balance that existed during vanilla and how much trash vanilla raids have. Even in TBC there was still quite a bit of trash.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ain’t nobody taking ferals or moonkin to no classic raids.

Your bitch ass will spam decurse and throw your most mana efficient heal at the tank and only be allowed to hot the dps before it gets sniped by a paladin spamming flash of light while wearing full crit gear.

Faggots gonna think they can reinvent the classic min-max wheel.

I think the most fun part of Vanilla will be kicking the Ret paladin out of the raid, giving him no gear, and/or regulating him to pure 5 minute buff bitch on 40 people. Then again anyone who plays a paladin deserves the abuse.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Here for any shitsockers who wanna go full on Try-hard. It's going to be interesting seeing how many ultra nerds go full on super faggot on this shit. While I am all about playing this and will have fun and raid all the things I can't imagine I am going to be popping Ony heads and other retarded shit for raid clears until I am just grouping with super stupids who suck so much asshole they can't do shit without it.

The competition for Dalrend makes me sad.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
things that will deter people from classic will be the horrible retarded class balance that existed during vanilla

I agree that this is the worst thing about Classic. I would actually like to see Blizzard make both 'true classic' and 'classic with adjustments' servers. They're in a position to do this because they have a large enough userbase and have the dev resources. This way if they screw it up, we can just play the true classic version.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah; it's great being a warrior who likes to tank and having to fight over gear with the aspie who think he's contributing by asking for the Might set and "dpsing" pre BWL.

Great times.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's also great dealing with tanks who think they're special and deserve all the loot because they're the tank.

MC gear sucks for the most part anyway.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Our main tank quit the game after our gm wouldn’t give him a dps 1 handed off of Ony or something.

All the tanks had egos.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I feel like most tanks felt they were owed something, which is not entirely wrong. I'm sure there are some people who legitimately want to tank and like that role, but it's not usually the norm. I already know that if I roll warrior I will get a ton of flak for having no interest in tanking. I am totally willing to tank 5-10 mans in dps spec, and even ZG etc if need be and switch to DPS spec afterwards... but definitely prefer to just DPS.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The secret to modern classic tanking is that it's actually DPSing, if your guild is competent. Raise that Threat Ceiling.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tanked because I liked it. I got gear because I was good and it flowed down to me over time. I've never been gear-centric outside of stuff that I felt would improve us as a whole. But that's just me.. our tanks in vanilla were all sort of like that though.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The secret to modern classic tanking is that it's actually DPSing, if your guild is competent. Raise that Threat Ceiling.
What dps? Heroic strike queueing while mashing revenge procs between sunder spam?

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I tanked because I liked it. I got gear because I was good and it flowed down to me over time. I've never been gear-centric outside of stuff that I felt would improve us as a whole. But that's just me.. our tanks in vanilla were all sort of like that though.

We had 2 of those who liked tanking, or at least were willing to make that sacrifice to get shit done. Then we had the dps warriors, who were really a waste of raid spots since most of the ones we had weren’t even good at it, and the couple that were decent were to stupid to throttle until even the 3 sunders were up and were instead on the ground sucking asshole and still wanted more look for being afk eating dirt since they died 2 seconds in.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's also great dealing with tanks who think they're special and deserve all the loot because they're the tank.

MC gear sucks for the most part anyway.

No reason to be Emo about it, DKs don’t become a class until later.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
More only stacking as much defense and defensive talents as you absolutely needed with the rest of your stats/equipment/talents rolled into dps. A Fury/Protection tank had a much higher threat ceiling than one who is full Protection. Also being able to roll Heroic Strikes with your auto attack between Sunders made a difference in threat.

Back in the day we funneled loot to tanks, but only if it was a slot upgrade for tanking. They didn't get dps loot unless the rogues/hunters didn't want it. Besides, who were we going to give Plate to? As Alliance, lol paladins? As horde, no other class wore plate. Most of the 2H dps stuff ended up in warrior hands as hunters would all have Lokdelar. Thought process being the stronger your tank, the fewer healers you needed. Rings and amulets went to dps over healers.