World of Warcraft: Classic

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's pretty huge demand, there are thousands of people even right now playing emu servers. It will be interesting for people that never experienced the game in Vanilla, but I'm betting 95% of them don't stick around. Blizzard is aware they're making these servers for a niche and not for the general playerbase, and I think that's fine.

I think a big shock to everyone that didn't play is going to be simply downranking spells or being OOM in 24 seconds. lol
Emu servers are free.

I don't see Blizzard making this playable for free.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Do people actually expect you having to pay an extra monthly fee to play classic? That is, paying for regular WoW will not be enough to log onto a Classic server? If Bliz really does go down that path then this fucker is already dead on arrival!

The way I see it you can play if you have a regular sub, most likely will have to purchase BfA. Maybe, you'll have to fork over $10 for access, but I find that unlikely. Anything more and only a handful will ever play.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do people actually expect you having to pay an extra monthly fee to play classic? That is, paying for regular WoW will not be enough to log onto a Classic server? If Bliz really does go down that path then this fucker is already dead on arrival!

The way I see it you can play if you have a regular sub, most likely will have to purchase BfA. Maybe, you'll have to fork over $10 for access, but I find that unlikely. Anything more and only a handful will ever play.

Fuck you grind out 200K gold on classic and use a wow token to get the privilege

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Emu servers are free.

I don't see Blizzard making this playable for free.

Emu servers also go down every 4 months and wipe all the progress you made on that character, which is why a big chunk of people don't touch them, with very rare exceptions like nost. And also constant stability issues.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So you never played classic I see

I did play it and on multiple characters too, starting February 2005 (EU release date). Maybe your client that was released 4 months earlier lacked a lot of shit that ours didn't, because I'm 100% sure I never grinded a fucking thing for more than a few minutes in WoW when the goal was to hit 60, not once.

Keep in mind that I didn't play 24/7, I played in the evenings, 3 to 4 times per week, so a little bit of rested was always there and I did level more than one class in the same time period, usually 2 per batch (because reasons...).

xzi

Mouthbreather
That might be the case, because at US launch basically there were like 3 quests from 50-60 so it was a lot of WPL/EPL grinding and ganking lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I did play it and on multiple characters too, starting February 2005 (EU release date). Maybe your client that was released 4 months earlier lacked a lot of shit that ours didn't, because I'm 100% sure I never grinded a fucking thing for more than a few minutes in WoW when the goal was to hit 60, not once.

Keep in mind that I didn't play 24/7, I played in the evenings, 3 to 4 times per week, so a little bit of rested was always there and I did level more than one class in the same time period, usually 2 per batch (because reasons...).

Oh so you didn't hit 50+ within 9 mo- 1 year of US release? lol

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Won't be playing this if there is a cost above and beyond the WoW sub. I'm sure a lot of us scrubs feel the same way.

Needless

Toe Sucker
theres no way there would be an additional fee to play -less- content lol

wait.. shit this is blizzard.

xzi

Mouthbreather
y'all kidding? just make people have an active sub and the latest expansion so they can post up their wow numbers and say it's the best selling expansion they've ever had

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You will only be able to access Classic if you subscribe to the new Blizzard All-Access package which is $42.99/mo which gives you a wow sub, 3 hearthstone card packs per month, unlimited boosted exp in Hots and access to a special hero skin for McCree.

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I was there to login on November 24, 2004, as soon as the servers went live, started a character on Laughing Skull, human mage. We got maybe 20 minutes of solid playtime that first night. Between stability, loot lag, disconnects, more loot lag, 50,000 people trying to kill the same Defias named, and spawn rate wasn't adjusted for number of people. You had to wait forever just to kill that dude... I hit 60 the first couple days of February 2005. I finished up the quests in Winterspring, the whole, like 3 or 4 of them, then spent literally 8 straight hours farming Furbolgs to get from 59 to 60. After all the clusterfucks of every area before Winterspring, like STV gankfest, especially as a clothy mage, I said fuuuck that and moved over to Felwood (which took fucking-forever to travel to). The seemingly empty Winterspring was incredibly refreshing. I still revere Winterspring for those memories.

These days we have instant travel between cities and shit. How many times I got ganked (or ganked others) getting on boats, or waiting for boats to arrive... or getting disconnected in the middle of the ocean, and not being able to log back into your character. That was a fun few days. The significant impediment to travel really made you consider which dungeons to go to. My second character being Horde and having direct access to Scarlet Monastery, Stratholme, were huge improvements over IF/SW/Darnassus - minus being closer to Blackrock Mountain. Oh, and flight times. Holy shit. You might as well go get lunch if you needed to fly from Undercity to STV.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You will only be able to access Classic if you subscribe to the new Blizzard All-Access package which is $42.99/mo which gives you a wow sub, 3 hearthstone card packs per month, unlimited boosted exp in Hots and access to a special hero skin for McCree.

Fuck that. Only Vanilla Collector Edition keys are granted access and, wouldn’t you know it, blizzard will heppen to find some old stock in some warehouse just in time for release.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
actually would be pretty hillarious. Open up a few servers to those accounts first, then a week later or soemthing open up to the rest of us haha.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
It also wouldn't be real Classic if Horde Warlocks didn't have to run to the Wetlands (across an entire zone roughly 5-10 levels higher than the Warlock) for their Succubus quest!

Or if Felhunter Paranoia didn't generate aggro and was spammable to permanently make the Felhunter have aggro.
Or if dots didn't suck. (Curse of Agony and Corruption were... bad... at launch)
Ritual of Doom <- enough said
Enslave Demon was ass for having an Infernal/Doomguard
Timbermaw reputation gains.
Ragnaros was one chance per week.
The gear drops in Molten Core were completely borked for what sets were supposed to be there. (Tier 1 and 2 mixture! Yay!)
You will run through Blackrock Depths to get to Molten Core and you will LIKE IT. (No window for you!)

The list goes on~

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
no repair bots. Die enough to break gear in MC and you were probably done for the day because clearing back in was so brutal.

It will be interesting to see what we get. Some of it was really truly brutal and you did need to exploit a ton to get by

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blessing of Wisdom aggro strat for Nefarian. Because mana per 5 seconds generates aggro for the caster of the buff. Why? Because aggro was that fucking retarded in general back then.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember not getting my water totem until 60 because FUCK that quest.