World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It was fine when the game was new, people were busy figuring out the game. You had the odd times here and there when an area would be camped by griefers and you’d just have to do something else that night. It never really impeded anything unless you were just hardheaded and refused to not finish your 10 kills for the quest right this second. This time it will be different, pvp servers will be full of people leveling quick, gearing up and ganking 24/7. Stealthed rogues and shadow melded night elf hunters are going to be camping every street corner in the game.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This time it will be different, pvp servers will be full of people leveling quick, gearing up and ganking 24/7.

That's what happened the first time? Shit, Nebuchadnezzer camped his level 50 mage in Tarren Mill in beta and killed me at least three hundred times from invisibility + pyroblast.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
There was always someone but pvp was easily avoided for the most part by simply going somewhere else. You got smoked occasionally, it’s inevitable, and moved on. That’s likely going to be a lot harder to pull off this time around.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't really buy the idea that pvp is going to be worse this time around than it was originally. People were at best marginally nicer in vanilla. Red is dead has been the prevailing mindset in my experience since the jump.

If anything we the player base are just older and cuntier now regarding being inconvenienced.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the feeling of danger when leveling.
You can get that from running around on the PVE server with the PVP flag enabled. Anyone running around your questing area can attack you, and if they're 5 levels higher, they will. But you pretty much completely avoid the level 60 loser corpse camping you out of boredom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Being PvP flagged on a PvE server usually means you're asking for it. It makes people thirsty to kill you.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I dunno man. I like dealing with pk's. I'm not saying I've never gotten pissed about getting camped but I have more fun leveling in a pvp environment. It adds something to the game. Usually. It makes fun games more fun. Bad games though....

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The best thing on a RP PVE Server was when you had a group from the other faction that insisted that to be true to character they would Role Play flagged. They would cry when they were repeatedly ganked. We had some drama on either Rexxar or Silver Moon when we rekted shop on some Wedding at Uther's Tomb.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If RPers were complaining about being repeatedly ganked, my question is why weren't they holding funerals between each gank?

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
When we finished raiding early in vanilla (most nights besides progression), our guild would post up groups of 1 healer, 1 warlock, and two others in leveling zones (usually STV and Plaguelands, but others too depending on what raid was out/which areas had the most people via /who). Whichever group got 2x 60s to show up first, we'd summon in the group at the slowest area to really be a pain in the ass, and then the other groups/anyone online as more 60s showed up. Would hang around for hours doing this. Had a few people with multiple accounts who would add the people we were killing to friends and/or message them. Had tons of people give up and log off for the night. Assuming WoW Classic isn't a total shitbag, we'll do the same thing, was always the highlight of farm raiding - people on the bench/sitting out would be scouting places out and letting us know on vent, and people were leveling warlocks to 20 (might have been 40 for summon? can't remember) to keep camped at the spots.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you were literally 40 man raiding some level 35 hunter in STV all night long until they stopped playing?

Yeah, I can totally see why you'd want to be on a PVP server.

Did you at least properly set up a camp right next to the guy as he's killing raptors, do group buffs, designate main assist, apply hunters mark and then everyone rushed him at once?

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
So you were literally 40 man raiding some level 35 hunter in STV all night long until they stopped playing?

Did you at least properly set up a camp right next to the guy as he's killing raptors, do group buffs, designate main assist, apply hunters mark and then everyone rushed him at once?

8 debuff limit yo! No room for hunter's mark!

• 1Like

gremlinz273

<Bronze Donator>
iu

So many dead Chinese farmers.

"Donny" Keepin' EPL farmers on lockdown since 2005.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Grundge

Trakanon Raider

PvP players are such pussies. Nobody will ever engage you if it's a fair fight.

I remember I started up on Tich to check out what a PvP realm was like. I remember starting out some horde was 10 or 15 levels above me and was ganking me non stop. I dealt with it, that's why I was there. Couple days later I ran into the same guy except now I was 15 levels above him and I started ganking him the same way. 5 minutes later I get a whisper from the guy on an alliance character to stop ganking him that I was being mean. I swear I couldn't stop laughing.

I was never one for ganking lowbies. When I was max level I would look for the level 60s hunting newbies and same thing would happen. These gankers would get on Alliance characters and whisper me to stop killing them. Bunch of snowflake pussies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oddly, the same exact things happened in Wintergrasp on PVE servers when we would blast wave them off their mounts and make them fall to their deaths for a durability loss. Then when they stick to the ground we would annihilate them normally until they left and usually whispered insults to us on their alt about how horrible players we were for PVPing in a PVP area.

• 1Repost

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like the option of killing the alliance douche that ran up to take my node while I was clearing the mobs guarding it.

• 1Like